Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Chipper Jones Upper Deck RC worth picking up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭

It's not fraud because PSA did this and was in control the entire time. The cert number only certifies that the encapsulated card has been graded a 10 by PSA. If someone else decided to swap out the cards, then it would be fraud.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

My next question is where do they come up with substitute cards? They have a supplier? A stash for when this happens?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@49ersGuy said:
    1991 Chipper Jones Desert Storm card...now that is one to grab

+1

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Interesting thread. Great customer service PSA.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

From Horror Movie to Love Story in one page turn.

Glad it worked out for you Dictor, I really thought this would mushroom to a point where your avatar came to life and begins extracting justice on behalf of Chipper Jones.

Great job PSA! I got a Rose RC in PSA5 that could use this type of review/swap, maybe throw an ExMt or NrMt one in there instead? Please?

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow so apparently i was wrong. i finally spoke with PSA and they ensured me it was in fact the same card, not a new one. I matched 60x magnification pictures of the new card vs the old pics i posted here. indeed, the small discolorations in the cardboard match. PSA reviewed it and determined there was "no damage" to the card, or at least not enough to effect the grade when viewed with the naked eye. they just reholdered the same card after all, no change. I know theres damage to the card under the loupe, but it looks like PSA doesn't think it effects the grade. oh well. enclosed are two magnifications. one is of the "damaged" card. the other pic is the same corner on another PSA 10 Chipper Jones Topps #333 card i bought recently. as you can see, no damage on that one. im not gonna bother PSA any longer over it. it was reviewed and a determination made. at least i know its still a 10, but i know its got the edge nick.

myslabs.to/smzcards