Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

BBCE-MANIA II - GROUP BREAK THREAD: CLOSED - 23 PAYMENTS IN / 19 PAYMENTS OUTSTANDING

1235»

Comments

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

How was the order determined in distributing these racks and packs?

mint_only_pls
  • belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Not sure...I got a joe morgan Phil niekro rack so there are 23 more chances for someone to pull...a few of my packs that weren't really nice I decided to rip right away...plenty of other really nice packs though. Here are the packs I ripped and a couple highlights. The 86s were all somewhat oc for the most part.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics, Steve! Thanks for sharing them!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • KyndbrothaKyndbrotha Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

All paid up. Thanks for putting this together.

• sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 7:49PM

Delete

• JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Just got my packs today and just opened everything at the office.

Sorry in advance for the pictures. Having to deal with the fluorescent lighting in my office. :neutral:

2 x 1981 Football Rack Packs - Didn't get much from these at all.

2 x 1979 Topps Rack Packs - I missed out on the Ozzie on Top rack case, but once I saw the Cecil Cooper card 2nd card in into the header cell, I got excited.... and there he was:

Continuing on the rest of the 1979 racks:

I also ordered 2 x 1980 Topps Wax Packs

Didn't get much but this was the 3rd card in the last pack:

Not to shabby on the baseball packs. :)

Justin

• w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Paid, thanks for putting this together!

Some terrific pulls there, Justin! Both key rookies, too!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • tonylagstonylags Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

packs came today; thanks. I'll crack over the weekend.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Ripped

Reminder... the above was 157 bucks :) First person to PM me can have the lot sent to them for free ;)

never ever ever open 70's product..... let the folks sell back and forth the unopened stuff.. for kicks.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭

Paid.

Sorry I didn't confirm earlier.

OldEnglishD5 scored the above 75 Mini lot. The Rice rookie could maybe get an 8 if not deemed OC.

Congrats Old English !

• Thanks for the cards and your generosity! Love this set.

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.
  • GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

Got my package yesterday. Debating on whether or not to rip my extra '75 BB mini wax and '81 FB wax packs. Most likely will rip them over the weekend and I'll post the pictures up on here

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my packs today. The roughest looking packs are the 78 topps bb. On a couple
    of them the gum turned brown on the ends and stained the wax pack so I opened those.
    Didn't get much, mostly off center.
    The rest of the packs look fine, would like to get them graded sometime in the future.

• lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭

Curious if anyone in the last 3 years, has opened a 1975 Topps Mini wax pack and received some beautifully centered sharp cards? Maybe all I remember seeing are the badly offcentered cards, but I just cant remember seeing much quality over the last few years of folks showing their 75 mini rips. My own experience has been the same. I would say once or twice a year, I buy a pack or two from a group rip or bbce directly and from all the 1975 mini packs I open almost no cards are gradeable. Where have all the good packs/boxes gone? If anyone rips their packs and gets some nice cards, please share, so my faith can be reinstilled that there actually exists 1975 mini packs for sale that contain non-offcentered cards. Good luck with your rips!!!!

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 795 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 6:01PM

Would you look at that, Ozzie made it just in time for dinner!

O/C T/B but I will take it!

6 Other 79 Racks with no one special....oh wait, one had a Bob Horner RC

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
    edited September 1, 2017 9:44PM

@lseecon said:
    Curious if anyone in the last 3 years, has opened a 1975 Topps Mini wax pack and received some beautifully centered sharp cards? Maybe all I remember seeing are the badly offcentered cards, but I just cant remember seeing much quality over the last few years of folks showing their 75 mini rips. My own experience has been the same. I would say once or twice a year, I buy a pack or two from a group rip or bbce directly and from all the 1975 mini packs I open almost no cards are gradeable. Where have all the good packs/boxes gone? If anyone rips their packs and gets some nice cards, please share, so my faith can be reinstilled that there actually exists 1975 mini packs for sale that contain non-offcentered cards. Good luck with your rips!!!!

I have ripped several mini boxes over the years that were filled with dead centered cards~many of them are in my set. Unfortunately, the majority of 75 mini cases that are being sold and broken down over the past few years are from the Conlon collection, most of which were OC cases. The very few centered cases (a couple of which were partial cases including one that had sustained some water damage) became apparent by the batch numbers outside the cases and those cases were either ripped early on for mint cards or salted away. The OC cases/boxes are what have been circulating primarily over the past several years, which is why it seems that OC cards are so common. 75 minis are a tough (and very popular) issue to begin with, too, which is why it is one of the few sets from the 1970s that has maintained its value, even after the Conlon hoard hit the market.

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I received the empty 78T baseball wax box and it was in rough shape and had a certain funk to it like cardboard that had been somewhere humid or damp. So I'm not surprised by Darin's response. I'm glad you still ended up with some decent cards.

• belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

@Arsenal83 said:
    I received the empty 78T baseball wax box and it was in rough shape and had a certain funk to it like cardboard that had been somewhere humid or damp. So I'm not surprised by Darin's response. I'm glad you still ended up with some decent cards.

Really disappointed in the 78 packs.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the 78 packs don't look near as good as the others I bought, 80, 81 BB and FB, 82, or 83.
    Might just open all the 78's since I don't think they're worth grading.

One vote for this thread to go away now.

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Picked up (4) 81 baseball wax packs, which was the first year I ever bought a pack of cards, (a cello with Pete Rose on front) at the Zuma Beach concession stand in Malibu.

Ready to rip!

She kept calling the gum a cracker, which was a pretty accurate representation after 36 years in that green wax wrapper!

Packs were in excellent shape, and cards were really sharp and mostly well centered. Not a ton of star power, but a couple low pop 10's and HOF showings.

Who else cracked their 81 packs? Would love to see more results from this rip!

Go Dodgers!
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

everything OK here? Last post by Dave was 19 payments outstanding. Everyone OK?

and Steve great pics of your little girl--

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@flatfoot816 said:

Manny, the girl belongs to Michael, not Steve--get your dads straight will ya?!?! :)

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ripped my two 1983 packs tonight and hit a Ryne Sandberg rookie. Off center L-R though.

Jeff

@mikelowell25 said:

@flatfoot816 said:

Manny, the girl belongs to Michael, not Steve--get your dads straight will ya?!?! :)

ok wise guy (R.I. reference of course)--for bonus points what's MICHAEL'S daughter's name??

sorry Michael!

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flatfoot816 said:

@mikelowell25 said:

@flatfoot816 said:

ok wise guy (R.I. reference of course)--for bonus points what's MICHAEL'S daughter's name??

sorry Michael!

Stone for the win...

Sachi.

Mike
  • Well done my friend! :)

Sachi is looking forward to seeing everyone in Cleveland next year! I wanted to take her to Toronto to meet Super Mario at the SportsCard Expo in November, but thinking my wife is not going to be that excited about a winter vacation to Canada :#

Go Dodgers!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:
    One vote for this thread to go away now.

How did this thread get stickied at the top?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.