Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

BBCE-MANIA II - GROUP BREAK THREAD: CLOSED - 23 PAYMENTS IN / 19 PAYMENTS OUTSTANDING

Comments

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

@djr said:
    It's really admirable that you to take on such a mammoth undertaking. It's really appreciated. Thanks again, dude!

+1 on that - incredible how this went from a couple of boxes to pretty much the BBCE inventory list. Amazing job.

To reel this lovefest into business matters.....

2 of these please = 1981 Topps Baseball Super Cello Box (24 packs) offered in this break at $14.81/pack ($355.50 total)

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭

@djr said:
    Dave, thanks for being on top of it. I only mentioned it because you put him down for an 81T FASC rack box but it looks like he clearly desires a 79T fasc (where he is not listed yet). Hopefully he reaches out to you soon. It's really admirable that you to take on such a mammoth undertaking. It's really appreciated. Thanks again, dude!

Good catch! I saw "jetfan" and put him on the wrong FASC. I'll correct it.

Dave
  • SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Why is nobody wanting the '81 wax boxes. I know they are not FASC, but not one taker? I don't do football, but will dive in after some education from this board. Nobody wants the FASC rack box either. It's Joe Fricken Montana. Price too high? not enough star power? Saturated PSA 9/10's of Montana on Ebay? Be honest here and let it rip.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.

Dave, thanks tons for putting this together. I would never have the time to do all of this.

Please add to my order if available:

(4) 1979 rack packs $78.75 ea
    (4) 1978 wax packs $41.25 ea (I'll take all of the packs for the rest of the box if that works)
    (4) 1979 wax packs at $30.00 ea
    (2) 1982 wax boxes

Thanks Dave

Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭

Sdub the price on the 81 FB rack FASC is just too high (IMO). I have been looking for an untampered 81 rack box but with BBCE wrapped 81 fb wax boxes going for $1k on eBay I just don't see a FASC rack box being worth $3k. Maybe in the end that is a fair price for one but if so I won't be the purchaser.

The 81 fb wax box and cello box prices are very fair. If my pack requests don't come to fruition due to not selling out the boxes I will probably get one or the other (even though I already own one of each though bought back when they were going for $1500 a piece). These boxes are as good as FASC (IMO) just without the fancy label.

Robb

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

If anyone wants some these, that's fine. If not; I'll take all 10

1981 Topps Football Grocery Rack Pack Red Wrapper (10 pack lot) offered in this break at $63.00/rack ($630 total)

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2017 7:00AM

I'll take 2 more 82 BB wax packs. Thanks.

ETA: BB

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

(3) 81T BB wax packs
    (3) 81T BB super cello packs
    (3) 82T BB wax packs

(3) 80T FB wax rackers

thank you!

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to add:

2 - 82 baseball wax packs

• 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

please put me down for 2 -1981 football racks at 63.75
    also 2 -1980 topps football wax rack packs at 24.75 thanks for setting this up

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please put me down for two more of the 1977 Topps Football Wax Box (36 packs) offered in this break at $80.00/pack.

Thanks,

BC

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Could someone tell me the key cards for the 1972 Topps Football Series 2 Wax Box (24 packs). I really like the look of this set but I am on the fence since I don't know enough about it.

Thanks,

BC

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

@Cakes said:
    Could someone tell me the key cards for the 1972 Topps Football Series 2 Wax Box (24 packs). I really like the look of this set but I am on the fence since I don't know enough about it.

Thanks,

BC

Staubach RC, Larry Little RC, Joiner RC, Upshaw RC and a bunch of HOFers of note (Bradshaw, Butkus, Simpson, Tarkenton, Lilly and many other names of note).

Staubach and Bradshaw are the real money cards.

Dave

@70ToppsFanatic said:

@Cakes said:

Thanks,

BC

Staubach RC, Larry Little RC, Joiner RC, Upshaw RC and a bunch of HOFers of note (Bradshaw, Butkus, Simpson, Tarkenton, Lilly and many other names of note).

Staubach and Bradshaw are the real money cards.

Thanks Fanatic, I wasn't sure if you could get those keys in the series 2. Please put me down for 2.

Thanks for the opportunity!

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Put me down for 3 1984 Topps fb wax packs at $30 each.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to what Fanatic said - 1972 Topps Football Series 2 includes cards 133-263. Also Johnny Unitas, Joe Greene, George Blanda, Johnny Unitas In Action single, Superbowl Staubach, Larry Csonka, Merlin Olson, Bubba Smith, Deacon Jones and more. Its pretty loaded.

• lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭

ill add one each of these

1981 Topps Football Grocery Rack Pack Red Wrapper (10 pack lot) offered in this break at $63.00/rack
    1981 Topps Football Wax Pack (36 pack lot) offered in this break at $24.88/pack
    1981 Topps Football Grocery Rack Pack Clear (12 pack lot) offered in this break at $59.63/rack
    1981 Topps Baseball Super Cello Box (24 packs) offered in this break at $14.81/pack

Thanks for organizing this.

@UFFDAH said:
    In addition to what Fanatic said - 1972 Topps Football Series 2 includes cards 133-263. Also Johnny Unitas, Joe Greene, George Blanda, Johnny Unitas In Action single, Superbowl Staubach, Larry Csonka, Merlin Olson, Bubba Smith, Deacon Jones and more. Its pretty loaded.

Thank you UFF.

• DragnetDragnet Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Please add (2) 1986 Topps Football Wax Box (36 packs) $45.00/pack

• RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I would like

1-1981 Topps FB Rak Pak $63.75
    1- 1981 Topps FB Cello $39.98

Thanks

Rob

Rob
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like 10 more packs of 1986 FB wax or whatever is left if less than 10. Thanks, Tom

Please add the following:

4- 78 topps baseball wax packs
    6- 81 topps baseball wax packs
    2- 81 topps football wax packs (the $30 packs again)

Thanks!

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Okay - I have been trying to avoid the temptation to join in here, but what the heck is the fun in that?

Please put me down for -
    (4) 1981 Topps baseball packs @ $6.50 each
    (1) 1984 Topps football packs @ $30
    (1) 1981 Topps football rack pack @ $63.75

Go Dodgers!

2 more 86 Topps FB Wax + 2 more 84 Topps FB Wax + 2 more 81 Topps FB Wax @ $24.88 please

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store

I'll do 4 81 BB packs and 2 more 82 BB packs

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

I'll do the last 82 BB wax pack (assuming I can count correctly)

If available I'd like the 1983 Topps BB empty wax box

Dave
  • Hello again. Please add one more 1979 Topps BB Rack box (FASC) to my order. I was planning on grabbing two from the beginning and now as a bonus, the other two orders will also be filled. Thanks again for doing this!

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

I'll take another 1981 Topps BB pack, $6.50. Also if the 82 BB empty box is available, would like that??

Kirk

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭

(1) 1981 Topps Football Wax box at $1035.00/box

Robb

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I'd be willing to get a few more wax packs of 84 fb to help close this out since it looks like the 81 fb rack packs fasc are not going to sell out. But I don't want to add more until I'm sure the 81 is a no go because I don't want to screw that up for others.

edited August 25, 2017 5:29AM

I'll take whatever 81 BB wax packs that need to be filled~ I think there were 3 left. {and I will take all 10 81 FB red grocery packs if need be}

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

Dave- Sdub did post previously that he would take the remaining packs of the 78 wax baseball.
    Of course that was before all limits were off.

If he doesn't take the rest of the 78 wax baseball, I guess I will, but you would need to cancel my
    8 packs of 81 wax football to make it more affordable to me. I don't want both those boxes unfilled,
    so my priority is the 78 baseball.

This is my last post before the time limit, I have to go to work.

• w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Please add:

1980 Topps Baseball Cello Box (24 packs) offered in this break at $37.50/pack ($900 total) x4 packs

Thanks!

I am not sure if this is helpful, needed, or even wanted but if you need to make some changes from boxes which are most likely not going to get the support needed to close out, feel free to make these changes to help those which are closer to being closed out.

Move my 4 of 1979 Topps Baseball Wax Box (36 packs) offered in this break at $30.00/pack ($1080 total) to 2 of 1979 Topps Baseball Rack Box #1 (24 racks) offered in this break at $78.75/rack ($1890 total)

Move my 2 of 1981 Topps Baseball Super Cello Box (24 packs) offered in this break at $14.81/pack ($355.50 total) to 1 of 1979 Topps Baseball Rack Box #1 (24 racks) offered in this break at $78.75/rack ($1890 total)

Move my 4 of 1979 Topps Football Wax Box (36 packs) offered in this break at $31.25/pack ($1125 total) to 1981 Topps Football Wax Box (36 packs) offered in this break at $30.00/pack ($1080 total)

Move my 6 of 1981 Topps Football Wax Pack (36 pack lot) offered in this break at $24.88/pack ($895.50 total) to 1981 Topps Football Wax Box (36 packs) offered in this break at $30.00/pack ($1080 total)

If this poses a problem or is poor etiquette on group breaks, please ignore this message as I don't mean to complicate things.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
    edited August 25, 2017 8:14AM

Movements are a new twist for us, but the spirit of the idea is in line with what we are trying to do so this is appreciated.

Here's how I'll handle it.

1) I will accept offers to move around only at my discretion.

2) Once we get to closing time I will make movements only from things that are not full based on any offers to move posted to try to maximize the number of boxes we can fill.

3) Obviously this may mean I need to make choices in the event that two people have conflicting move instructions that would result in a zero-sum game. I ask that you all give me the flexibility to try and get the best outcome possible if moves are offered. Please no complaints about any adjustment choices I make.

Thanks

Dave

@Darin said:
    Dave- Sdub did post previously that he would take the remaining packs of the 78 wax baseball.
    Of course that was before all limits were off.

If he doesn't take the rest of the 78 wax baseball, I guess I will, but you would need to cancel my
    8 packs of 81 wax football to make it more affordable to me. I don't want both those boxes unfilled,
    so my priority is the 78 baseball.

This is my last post before the time limit, I have to go to work.

I have always only accepted requests "up to the limit currently in effect" so that we could never have a situation where someone felt that another person was being given an earlier chance than everyone else. If Sdub does re-request the balance of the remaining 1978 BB wax packs before we close then I'll assign anything left to him. Otherwise your offer to swap over will be considered (subject to any other offers to move as I explained just prior to this post)

Dave
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

If still available, I will take a 78 baseball cello and a 79 baseball cello.

Matt

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

I'd like another 81 FB wax and 84 FB wax.

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

I think someone above requested the last three 81 Topps BB packs??

@Stingray said:
    I think someone above requested the last three 81 Topps BB packs??

yes

Dave

CLOSED

Dave

In hopes of cleaning up the boxes, you can move my football racks to whatever '81 rack packs that need to be closed out.

I'm still good with finishing off the '78 wax packs. Let me know if that works.

thanks

Prefer to buy in bulk.

I'll tell you one thing- It sure is hard to buy exactly 36 packs from 5 or 6 different boxes
    when you don't know if some of them will sell out or not. LOL.

@Darin said:
    I'll tell you one thing- It sure is hard to buy exactly 36 packs from 5 or 6 different boxes
    when you don't know if some of them will sell out or not. LOL.

I expected much higher demand on the FB side so I included more product. Looks like we are more of a BB crowd right now.

Dave

@Sdub said:
    In hopes of cleaning up the boxes, you can move my football racks to whatever '81 rack packs that need to be closed out.

I'm still good with finishing off the '78 wax packs. Let me know if that works.

thanks

Thanks for the flexibility. I'll see if it helps us close out anything else.

Dave

Thanks Dave for your hard work on this.

edited August 25, 2017 1:00PM

I have 2~ 81 FB Cello that probably won't close; so in helps of closing; you can move/change those to;
    2 ~81 FB Rack, where ever they are needed. or to where ever 2 packs are needed up to $75 each.

• RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I noticed the 1981 Topps FB Rak Pak sold out@ $63.75
    Put me in the 1981 Topps Football Grocery Rack Pack Red Wrapper @ $63 to replace it.

Thanks

Rob

@Redglobe said:
    I noticed the 1981 Topps FB Rak Pak sold out@ $63.75
    Put me in the 1981 Topps Football Grocery Rack Pack Red Wrapper @ $63 to replace it.

Thanks

Apologies.

I started processing the results after lunchtime today (too most of the afternoon), and the Red Wrappers Racks were also out of stock. However, Just call BBCE directly. They have several individual racks listed on their site which would work out around the same cost.

Regards

Dave

Dave