Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

What's The Best Scanner For Imaging Baseball Cards?

I'm buying a new one and would appreciate help in getting the sharpest image possible, especially on the corners of cards. What's the best make and model? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda partial to Epson. I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo model that I picked up a few years ago based on feedback from other forum members, and I love it.

The best thing about it is that it scans cards in the thicker slabs well (like SGC)...

And of course, raw cards come out well too...

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    I am also looking for a scanner. From what I have read so far the CCD scanning technology seems to be the way to go.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I also use the Epson V300. Nice scanner.

• Options
    I use the Epson Perfection V500 Photo. I've scanned thousands of cards and it has never let me know. I think the key is to scan the cards at 300dpi.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the Epson V37

work great except for the new shinny cards
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have an Epson and recommend it. My model is an Epson Perfection V200 Photo and it's worked well for me for over 8 years.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Canon Canoscan 9000 F Mark II and have been very pleased with it's performance.
  • Options
    anyone know if there is a EPSON "V" model that has a VERY LARGE SURFACE AREA scanner???

….it is for cards, postcards, maps, ALL EPHEMERA
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options

Wife got me a V550 for Xmas and I couldn't be happier with it! Scan area is 8.5x11.7. Not sure if that's large enough for all of your needs or not...

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I ordered a Epson V600 and received it today. It's hooked to my computer already and I love it. Still don't know about image quality yet as I haven't edited any yet, but did some slides for my brother that came out ok. Will let you all know more later tonight.

• Options

Epson like others suggested. I have the v500 and 250 or 300 resolution is perfect!

• Options

I love my new Epson Perfection V6000 Photo. As far as I've noticed on mine, resolution isn't so critical. Plus, the colors seem so bright and vivid; in reality I haven't had a scanner which made the colors so bright. I'm going to try to get an example of one of my cards. It's Bernie Williams Score rookie.

• Options

Well, I was wanting the front. Let's see if I can make it right.

• Options

Another try.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to the PSA Registry Set forum...almost to the bottom is a lengthy discussion on scanners under the heading "scanner tips"...you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know.

I have an Epson Perfection V600, IMO, a perfect machine to capture both raw and slabbed.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, about half way down...

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a good scanner that is wireless? They way my office is set-up I need a wireless.

Mike
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Epson V300 +1 it is the best!

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2017 7:16PM

Has anyone used the Epson V600 and the Canon 9000f? I have the 9000f but have heard good things about the V600. Does anyone have thoughts on a comparison?

Thanks.

• Options
    LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2017 3:56PM

I have had my V600 for a couple of months now and scan at 350 dpi, some scans.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 11:27AM

@Largentcollector said:
    I have had my V600 for a couple of months now and scan at 350 dpi, some scans.

Nice looking scans. I just purchased a V600. What are you using for settings and how do you scan (lid up in a dark room or black background behind the card)? Do you use sharpening in the Epson software, if so which of the 3 levels?

Thanks!

• Options
    SportsCardsNeverDieSportsCardsNeverDie Posts: 5
    edited December 24, 2017 6:48PM

I was looking into a Fujitsu feed scanner which I heard somebody has scanned 25,000 cards in an 8 hour period. This product is really good for lower end cards like base, rcs, inserts and parallels. Thicker stock items such as relics and graded cards won't work with this one.

Well why not here is a YouTube video to provide more info of using one of the scanners, coupled with a software program and the ability to put stuff right on eBay too.

https://youtu.be/AyWWxBm1Nro

• Options
    ejohnejohn Posts: 42 ✭✭

V600 for me. Beats anything HP has to offer.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

I use the Epson Perfection V550 and love it. These are at 300 dpi.

• Options

Obviously this is late but I have the V300 Scanner. However, the scanner doesn't automatically detect borders, so I have to put in settings to make sure it captures the card. It becomes very inefficient. Any tips? Thanks !

• Options

If anyone can post their V300 settings for graded cards that would be great! Thanks guys!

• Options
    kidrootbeerkidrootbeer Posts: 20
    edited August 5, 2018 8:37AM

Just a tip... we scan a LOT of Stamps with our neverfail Epsom V550 Perfection Photo scanner; we find that scanning a stamp with a neutral ecru or so background paper delivers 'right-on' colors. Our usual default is 400dpi

• Options

I use the Epson V600 and I will not go to another scanner, unless another Epson higher model.