Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

How many of us are there?

boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
edited June 5, 2017 2:12PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Several years ago, on the old version of the board, I asked us to count off to see how many people actually were participating/visiting. I think we got to 125 active people.

The way we did it was simply to respond to the thread with the next number not taken. So, lets do it again.

(who wants to be 2??)

Mike
Collecting small-size star notes.
Mishawaka, IN

Comments

• dtreterdtreter Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

I only visit occasionally but spend more time on the other forum

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Pop in here now and then.

• MAM0912MAM0912 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Much more activity on the other forum

Marty

US Obsoletes esp NJ, WEB Notes,

National Iron Bank of Morristown (#1113) and Irish Currency
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Cinco!

• NewEnglandNotesNewEnglandNotes Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Take off my other shoe.......6

• 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose I'll grab number 8 however I'm not likely to be posting much anymore since pretty much all the Nationals collectors have gone away. I also have no interest in that other forum since I don't care about broken ladders, inverse double quads, and interminable FleaBag threads.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

• uzuiwekuzuiwek Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

SPMC LM #405 - Collector of Ohio obsoletes. And other stuff, that I'm not going to tell you, so you don't buy it before I do.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2017 9:00AM

12 here.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

13 here (not often enough but just the same) fwiw :)

• bkzoopapabkzoopapa Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2017 1:57PM

A very occasional #16.

@2ndCharter said:
    I suppose I'll grab number 8 however I'm not likely to be posting much anymore since pretty much all the Nationals collectors have gone away. I also have no interest in that other forum since I don't care about broken ladders, inverse double quads, and interminable FleaBag threads.

Bob, the other forum* seems to have a lot more topics that what you indicate, including Nationals, Fractional, Obsolete, and Foreign and, (of course), small size US. Certainly a lot more variety than here. It takes people like you to broaden the discussion.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely 17 !!! :):)

Timbuk3
  • coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

18 B)

all around collector of many fine things

• MR168MR168 Posts: 78 ✭✭

@gnat said:
    A very occasional #16.

@2ndCharter said:

Bob, the other forum* seems to have a lot more topics that what you indicate, including Nationals, Fractional, Obsolete, and Foreign and, (of course), small size US. Certainly a lot more variety than here. It takes people like you to broaden the discussion.

+1 19

• bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

image Steam Power
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

21!

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I guess I'll say 22 but for me the heart went out of this place when the people who love nationals got bounced.

• cpolencpolen Posts: 38
    1. I love nationals and started a Missouri post on the other forum. :)
    WTB Peoples National Bank of Jackson, Missouri Ch #7494 and First National Bank of Chaffee, Missouri Ch #9928
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2017 5:22AM

Yeah, some of those who posted their fabulous collections got the boot a few years ago for reasons unknown to me and the board here (and the other newer one) really dried up. I still linger on both boards but also am tired of reading about the latest eBay post someone thought was ridiculous or funny or whatever. Just not my cup of tea.

So that makes me number 24.

Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Cody71086Cody71086 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    1. I only collect Nationals and will be starting another "Show me your......" thread on the other forum soon!
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2017 10:53AM

@rbethea said:
    Yeah, some of those who posted their fabulous collections got the boot a few years ago for reasons unknown to me and the board here (and the other newer one) really dried up.

The board never really seemed to recover from the rather ugly "who's the best TPG wars that occurred several years ago. Some of us became lurkers or infrequent posters. More recently the banning of several members combined with the elimination of archived/older posts pretty much destroyed the educational aspect of the board for some of us and was probably the coup d'grace. I just check in occassionally to see what I've missed but am sure that it will linger on, perhaps with a different format. The "other board" is still trying to find it's way but it'll take time and suspect/some many of the more knowable are unlikely to return any time soon to either of these.

If one counts the lurkers I guess it would include me, altho I really don't meaningfully participate since it's just not a fun/educational environment anymore.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I love to chat with you all. Coin folks tend to be a cut above the average. People don't get how we enjoy things like reading and learning and well sharing knowledge and stories. I count myself as blessed to be here with you all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112427329346

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

28 ~ двадцать восемь

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Been a watcher for a year now. I mainly dwell in the coin,card forums, but enjoy any knowledge I can gain on paper $ here. I check my currency on a regular basis for anything interesting. Thanks to all here for sharing your finds/knowledge.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Manfred1Manfred1 Posts: 59 ✭✭

30 .. much older but new ... count me in ..
    regards from Namibia, Africa

1. A prime number, a Mersenne prime!
      I'm mostly a lurker, spending more time in the coin forums (fora?) but with an interest in paper.
  • berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    1. (2**5)
  • clarenze30clarenze30 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Those are fantastic examples WingedLiberty!!! Thanks for posting.

• WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank Tooky

BTW ... What are "Nationals" referred to above?

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    Thank Tooky

BTW ... What are "Nationals" referred to above?

See 33 above.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@WingedLiberty1957 said:

I dont post much to the Currency Forum, but do to the U.S Coins side. However I am a Currency lover and supporter.

I built this website for my small currency collection back in 2010:
    The Color of Money: U.S. Currency Collection

>

very nice!!

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

35...spend most time on other site

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

36, and I just took #41 on that other board.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

My first post here as a new member

• garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

• FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I don't come here nearly as often as I used to, but I'm still around.

Matt
  • element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Forty.

• Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

• DoctorPaperDoctorPaper Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

42, but spending most of my time elsewhere.

Wisconsin nationals: gotta love 'em....
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

43 and still lurking !!

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
    FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
    in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
    Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

• 44, reading and learning

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

45, Waiting for my moment to post my limited knowledge on paper.

1. It's been ages since I've been signed on here. Still love Nationals, especially brownbacks.
  • oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    36, and I just took #41 on that other board.

Russell you need to drop the # sign. It's not sending you to our new home anymore. :#

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014