Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Websites

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys!

As a kid, I do not have many resources to attend real life coin events. So, I spend a lot of time on numismatic websites trying to learn as much as I can. The top websites I use are:

This one
money.org (The ANA Website)
nnp.wustl.edu (Newman Numismatic Portal)
coinbooks.org

Which ones do you use the most?

CCAC Representative of the General Public
Columnist for The Numismatist
2021 Young Numismatist of the Year

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one, ebay, Cointalk...... I do not follow a lot of websites on a regular basis.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ThunderproofThunderproof Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Coinfacts website and Coinfacts app

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

this one and coin people

Always expect the unexpected to happen, as it will anyway no matter what you do

• Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I frequently use the Newman Numismatic Portal. Andy Newman, Len Augsburger and Roger Burdette, along with others involved, deserve a round of applause.

For example, I may have copies somewhere of the catalogues pertaining to the auctions of the F.C.C. Boyd Collection of U.S. coins during 1945 and 1946. This was then billed as the "World's Great Collection." There was no need to search, as digital copies of these, much to my surprise, could easily be downloaded via the NNP. Downloading a copy of the Woodward catalogue of the auction of the McCoy Collection in 1864 was easy, too.

Overall, the NNP was helpful regarding the research for my current article, in which I compare the Pogue Collection to some of the great collections that were auctioned in the past. My analytical methods in this area are beside the point of this thread. I now emphasize that one of the greatest benefits of the NNP is to further education regarding the history of coin collecting.

The Marvelous Pogue Family Coin Collection, Part 22: Epic Sales in the Same League

"In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

www.conecaonline.org
    www.coppercoins.com

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Analyst... Thank you for the link to the Newman Numismatic Portal.... Excellent resource. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

this one and some times the ngc web site ( provided its up and running )

• Options
    WDPWDP Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I frequently use PCGS Coin Facts (pricing), and the Newman Portal for research.

The ANA has all of the issues of The Numismatist online at www.money.org. I use this for research also.

For those who like early dollars, The Cardinal Foundation has a website for early dollars at www.earlydollars.org .

W. David Perkins Numismatics - http://www.davidperkinsrarecoins.com/ - 25+ Years ANA, ANS, NLG, NBS, LM JRCS, LSCC, EAC, TAMS, LM CWTS, CSNS, FUN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file