Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Lyn Knight PCDA Auction is online.

The Lyn Knight PCDA Auction is now online. Once again there is nothing for me. This is getting to be the same old song. Last year ,for the first time since , 1969 I did not buy a single note for my collection. :'(

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thought here, ho hum.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about that, guys. I've already put three Nationals on my watch list. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to spend some money this time around.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• I see a few I'd be interested in. Hopefully, the "ho hum" response will mean lower prices for me! :smile:

JrDavid68
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

yawn

• FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I really wish they would put the grade and Certification info in the lot titles. It would sure make it easier to sort though looking for what I'm interested in.

Matt

It's looks like another late night auction for me tomorrow night. With a 7:30 pm Eastern Time start and 800 lots to go through before they get to the Nationals I care about, I better take a nap tomorrow.....

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

@Flash said:
    I really wish they would put the grade and Certification info in the lot titles. It would sure make it easier to sort though looking for what I'm interested in.

When they make it difficult to determine what you are bidding on then you know you should not be there because YOU are the mark

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2017 9:32PM

I won the two lots I was hoping for, Woo Hoo! :)

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Went 1 for 2.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

Had to stay up past Midnight but I went 3-for-3. Pictures to follow after I catch up on my sleep.

Congrats 2nd Charter! Sounds like the long night paid off.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing that I needed to own in the obsoletes.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Here's the three acquisitions from Saturday night - I'm borrowing the LFK images since the notes most likely won't arrive for several days:

Fantastic notes!!! I love the type 2 $20 :)

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice notes! I am glad that somebody got some good notes.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2017 10:45AM

I bought a rare Greek fractional 1885 2 drs, overprint in red letters, law of 1917, in PMG 64. These were printed in strips of 5, very hard to come by intact (all 5 still attached) in non specimen form. Sole units in such choice condition are also very hard to come by and a true score for the collector of late 19th early 20th century National Bank Greek notes.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    edited March 7, 2017 11:09AM

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    edited March 7, 2017 11:23AM

And that specimen too. 1914, 10 drs ,selvage left and bottom, Pick 51s ,always an underrated and hard to find type in any form in unc.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Went 3 for 4 on the internet auction.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Jim, care to share with you won?

• JrDavid68JrDavid68 Posts: 19 ✭✭

Ended up getting the one I wanted;

JrDavid68
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen that town before.

• MR168MR168 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Has anyone received their PCDA lots yet?

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Not me, yet.

• NewEnglandNotesNewEnglandNotes Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Mine left KS Priority on the 14th, delivered in NH on the 16th. Usually it's a three day trip.

Received mine today. :)

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Yep, received mine today also.