Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Livin' the dream, Baby!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Saturday afternoon, February 18th in Northeast Ohio, the sun is shining bright and the temp. is almost 70 degrees!!! Topping things off, I retire in less than five months and work in a Coin Shop. Can it get any better than this?? :)

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good!
    My goal is to retire in a year, and THEN work in a coin shop LOL!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

all my friends want to know what I plan to do once I retire, my stock answer is "Whatever I want to!!" at least for awhile.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the coin shop your primary job or do you have another day job?

I agree with Walkerguy21D---my goal would be to retire, so I could work in a coin shop!!

Yes, life is GOOD.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

Still interested Keets?

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options

yes, I am, I almost PM'd you a few weeks back. we just need to agree on a price.

also, watch for the thread a little later tonight, I'll post a picture of a nice Danish Medal I bought today. not very rare, not terribly expensive, but it's one of the most beautiful Centennial designs out there.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.

I think retirement will agree with you.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options

Is the coin shop your primary job or do you have another day job

it's my only job, I am very frugal.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats... Best wishes in your retirement

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coingrats! After retirement, many people have said they were so busy they couldn't figure out where they had found the time to work.

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really cool keets. Sounds like you are going to have some fun.

Larry

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Congratulations and enjoy the rest of whatever and wherever you want to go and do.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

You only have 5 more months to rip off old widows ? Oh no.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to retirement Al.... Now you will really get busy.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack ....Trust me, it will go by very fast....."Over the hill?? What hill? I didn't see any hill!!)... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will find that retirement is everything it is cracked up to be. The big difference is that YOU get to decide what you are going to do each day.

I remember my first day of retirement very well. I retired on a Wednesday in February, That night there was a big snow storm. Instead of my normal routine of getting up early and firing up the snow blower so I could get to work, I slept in and took care of it once the storm ceased.

That is when my whole concept of time changed. I do things when I want and not to someone else's schedule. I also do all my errands and shopping on weekdays because the weekends are too crazy... And don't forget that many businesses offer senior discounts on certain weekdays (I wish they would synchronize on one particular day).

Al, enjoy your retirement, you've earned it.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

I remember being 24 and getting out of the Navy, thinking that I still had to work for 40 years!! one day at a time it has arrived a little early.

here's the Danish Medal that I mentioned yesterday. it's listed as Baker-427a, Bronze 55mm.

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you brother! :)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I retired from the Air Force after 24 years of Active Duty...went right back to work within a month...my wife could not stand to have me "loitering" around the house.

Congrats keets!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully you can still share here, after retirement. This place is hopping. And let's hope others will participate, so passionately... as you have and do.

It is a fun hobby and people like you make it better. Wish there were more participants in it. With all the negativity around this business and industry, it is generally safe to collect/gather.

As to my previous comment: you know me. Stirring the pot. :smile:

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    You only have 5 more months to rip off old widows ? Oh no.

I read this and kept thinking to myself.. "old windows?".... "what reason is there for taking off your old windows just because you're retiring?"

Then, finally .......I got it!

• Options

I have an agreement with my boss whereby I will still work three days a week, gotta clean-up the remaining widows we ain't got to yet!! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file