Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

I picked up a sweet $50 today!!

TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 3, 2017 8:46PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I was very blessed to pick this up at a shop today! I think it's got a shot at VF35. It is the first signature combination for the series and the face plate and back plate are both #1 how cool!!! :)

photo IMG_20170203_0004_zpsrdijin1y.jpg
photo IMG_20170203_0003_zpsl95npyux.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GJCGJC Posts: 22 ✭✭

Wow! These are my favorite types of findings! I'm envious! This is a nice note! I love strong VF/XF notes with softer folds! That's a beautiful note!

• Options
    boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • Options
    berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Nicenote!

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Them $50's are on fire....I brought 6 of them to FUN and sold them all-none of them were as nice as this note though.Hey Rob,maybe you should stay away from large size for a while......you know,to give us slower folks a chance(lol).

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice note, i like

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

How cool ? :)
    Very cool !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice addition Robert, congratulations.

• Options
    goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

Tookie, this $50 FRN qualifies for the coveted "Gem VF" grade. To make it less conspicuous, rub some grease on it, wash it up good, and then press it flat. There. Now it's a typical Large Size $50 FRN.

"Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options

Nothing like Originality for the large banknotes... that's a NICE one you have there

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,