Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Morgan Dollar Giveaway! Closest Guess Takes Her Home! Cutoff Friday 1/20 9am EST****WINNER PAID

13»

Comments

• JonnyJJonnyJ Posts: 27 ✭✭

15:34. Cheers!

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hike the football for the late crew and early birds...I went ahead and gave every Guess a "Like" cause the old bookie in me knows the more Action the merrier! Good luck All and reminder that cutoff is 9am EST ;)

@bestday said:
    24.03.................. clean fields just Uncirculated ?

Yes, she is rather Nice...just like this place has and will forever be for me ;)

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

16:32

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

23:38

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

24:38

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

24:37

• newcollectnewcollect Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

26:21

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

12:34

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • 24:10

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2017 8:02AM

16:30

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

All entries above this post will count...Great Luck Guys ;)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this creative contest.

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I didn't win but man was that a great speech!

The more you VAM..
  • dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2017 10:40AM

looked to be about 15 minutes which was my guess.

• dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:
    16:22

It was 16:12. I think you won.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guessed short. Oh well, it was a great speech though! :)

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    48:18

Jeez, that's nearly 50 minutes.

I went with 16:30.

There is a schedule. TV, etc.

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Darn, missed the contest!
    I own several Makarovs, all were unfired in the box with cosmoline and wrapped in the red wax paper, with holster, lanyard, and 2 magazines with S\N of pistol with a 1 and 2 to ID the mags.
    Got 2 from each maker when they were inexpensive and available.
    Tack drivers after a touch of trigger work!

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Per NBC commentator it was 16 minutes. Short and to the point I guess.

edited January 20, 2017 2:58PM

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD
    @PRECIOUSMENTAL

If I recall [I have never owned one] the Makarov is the only, or one of a few, small caliber firearms on which the safety is pushed up as opposed to pulled down to put it in firing mode. A more natural thumb movement when time is of the essence.
    Edited to say.....Sorry I just checked my Walther ppks and it slides up also.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fox said 15 minutes.?

I'm pretty sure it started about 1201 and ended around 1219 ?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

what are the various betting sites giving as a time?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

**just got off the horn with my source and the official offshore grade is 16:12 with 1455 words spoken...shortest since 1977 (Presdident Carter)...I will do some grading here and announce official winner shortly...THANK YOU ALL for keeping it clean and free of political hogwash...I tried to be objective as possible as I know politics is a sensitive matter for many **

edited January 20, 2017 3:25PM

@dbtunr said:

@hchcoin said:

It was 16:12. I think you won.

What he said. Congratulations. ironically, it was the second guess on the entire thread!

@hchcoin said:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winner.......who booked that:)

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much. This will be a great memory of the inauguration. I really got lucky on this one. I went and looked at the YouTube clip lengths of the last few and guessed based on that. Regardless of the politics, I thought it was a great speech and I appreciate the memento.

18 seconds makes all the difference.
    Thanks for the giveaway :+1:

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

Will you be doing a giveaway for the firearm? >:)

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance and fun!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

@epcjimi1

18 seconds makes a difference.

I did not see your time but I picked 16:30 also because I new it would be short...........and it is also part of my avitar :smile:

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coingrats!

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go hchcoin! Thanks again 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD for chance.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2017 6:34PM

Congrats. to the winner! Boy, now i know how northcoin and Bigbuck1975 felt by losing by an inch in my Giveaway. I was just 21 seconds off! :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done hchcoin, I would have guessed much longer.........

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long was the speech ?
    16:12 or 16:32 ?
    That was a fun one !

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    How long was the speech ?
    16:12 or 16:32 ?
    That was a fun one !

16:12

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again for the great contest. If I had won I was going to donate the prize to the government to help pay for/defray the cost for the expensive luncheon that all partook in after the address. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    edited January 21, 2017 5:08AM

@northcoin said:

@northcoin said:
    22:22 (since your are looking to replace your coins with firearms.)

.... and to add to the theme, here is a screen shot of gun strapped on Hawaii Five-0's Steve McGarrett chasing a suspect - followed by my "shots" of his stunt body double fingering the same make pistol for the same scene - photos that I took "on set" this past summer.

(The scene aired as part of this season's opening episode in September. Incidentally, the subject chase scene is replicated in one of the opening credit shots seen each week where a figure is seen jumping toward a window.)

OK, here is a screen shot of the repeating opening credits shot that shows the above pictured Steve McGarrett stunt double jumping toward a window. You can even see the holstered gun if you look closely. (For a better view just watch the opening credits in this week's episode of Hawaii Five-0 which airs on CBS Friday evening. :) )

Glad you liked the post. As an added footnote, when I appeared as a "background actor" (i.e. "extra") on the show's Halloween themed episode in Season Four, both Danno and McGarrett were wearing guns identical to those pictured above. Below is a screenshot of my character positioned to the left of the two principal actors.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations hchcoin.... and it was a great speech.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file