Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of the coolest things I own...

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 26, 2016 12:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Like TDN's four coins, this book has a pretty cool connection to Snowden.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool!

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very very nice

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2016 12:49PM

Very cool. I love the huge, bold signature., I have a similar favorite in my book collection...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool historical connection.... I like finding books like that... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited December 26, 2016 3:50PM

On further thought, the current year's Trade Dollar might have made a better gift, and it would have been less costly.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

"On further thought, the current year's Trade Dollar might have made a better gift, and it would have been less costly."

Is that true for the general public or was it an insider-only issue??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:
    "On further thought, the current year's Trade Dollar might have made a better gift, and it would have been less costly."

Is that true for the general public or was it an insider-only issue??

I don't know how the Trade Dollars were distributed, but my best guess is that the Mint was not accepting telephone orders at the time.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    soleagentsoleagent Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited December 26, 2016 9:37PM

@MrEureka said:
    On further thought, the current year's Trade Dollar might have made a better gift, and it would have been less costly.

This is a very cool piece.

Interesting .... it does make my mind wander. A.M. Smith was a liquor dealer, his California Wine Depot was located at 534 Chestnut, just a few blocks down the street. Smith seems to have had easy access to the mint and the operations inside, must have known the right people.

How about one of those 1884 Trades for my collection, would a couple of cases of my finest work for you. Hey, I'll throw in some copies of my new book. Thanks so much Col. Snowden, I'll treasure this coin always and I won't say a word

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@soleagent said:

@MrEureka said:

This is a very cool piece.

Interesting .... it does make my mind wander. A.M. Smith was a liquor dealer, his California Wine Depot was located at 534 Chestnut, just a few blocks down the street. Smith seems to have had easy access to the mint and the operations inside, must have known the right people.

How about one of those 1884 Trades for my collection, would a couple of cases of my finest work for you. Hey, I'll throw in some copies of my new book. Thanks so much Col. Snowden, I'll treasure this coin always and I won't say a word

Probably very close to the way it went down.
    Some things never change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file