Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's going on with my USPS package?

This package is one I sent from Canada to an Ebay buyer in MA. Two post offices in a different state have been playing catch with it all week.

What can I do to resolve this?

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the ZIP code might of been the problem.

I don't think anybody can help while it's in transit.

• Options
    earlycoinsearlycoins Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    It will probably have to be returned to you.
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the ZIP code might of been the problem.

My exact thought.
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a zip code problem as the package actually made it to Boston MA. I'm wondering if the recipient move to Missouri and the package is trying to find him. What zip code did you mail it to?
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a package do that before, only my two states playing catch were Washington and Alaska...so mine took about 30 days to arrive to its proper destination.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    PS...It does suck though.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either a wrong zip code or STATE abbreviation or both. Did you print your shipping label through eBay or PayPal?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all, if not all Massachusetts ZIP codes begin with a zero. If your address label was handwritten, is it possible that your handwritten 0 looks like a 6 ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭
    Hand written address, zip code 02420. MA used as the abbreviation. My writing is pretty good so there's no way it looked like a 6 at the time it was accepted.

If the postal clerk here had punched in the wrong zip code, I would have caught it when inputting my tracking numbers later that day.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Call USPS @ 1 (800) 275-8777. See if they can get it redirected for you.
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The package made it to within 20miles of its final destination. Doesn't make sense that it did not get to Lexington from the Boston Hub.
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we have a dyslexic clerk...
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called Limbo. I had that once between Phoenix and Las Vegas. Everytime it got to

Las Vegas, where I live, I got excited only to see it go back to Phoenix. Delayed it all

for about a two week period. But, I did finally get it and saw nothing wrong with the

label. Looked normal to me.

Just one of those silver slug thingies.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ebaytrader
    Call USPS @ 1 (800) 275-8777. See if they can get it redirected for you.

I would to do that quickly .. package ripe for easy picking by postal employee with sticky hands
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Postal Inspectors - when they get involved miraculous things happen.
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I once watched in horror as a package of coins I sent from Canada to PCGS bounced around southern California. When I checked my records, I'd found I had the wrong ZIP code on the package.

It made it to PCGS after about 10 days of bouncing. Whew.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: NickDanger
    Postal Inspectors - when they get involved miraculous things happen.
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

Postal inspectors ..boo ...scam at P.O. station ...clerk... takes a parcel marks it delivered.. to be stolen later by employee
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes there is just no explanation. Besides the Phoenix/Las Vegas incident above, I did

have two packages (not coins and very heavy) boxes that were shipped on the same day to

the same address in upstate NY (Canadian buyer that didn't want to pay the PO rate to his

home address and was using a Private Box company on the US side) that had delivery

problems. One was delivered easy peasy and the other came back to me. There was no

and that's a NO difference in the address. Both boxes were custom made and identical.

The return slip said no such address.......well, how the heck did the other one get there

then????

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file