Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Message length limit?

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
What goes?

Comments

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows? But if you are going to write a message that long there's no way I'm reading it. Not enough time in the day.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

before the upgrade, it was 25,000 characters. i hit it. image

copy/paste a huge amount of text on the test forum to find out or at least ballpark it.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ambro51

What goes?

Were you contemplating changing your handle to Windy?image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of message? Private (PM) or public forum? Start off with BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front), to see if it is worth the read.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I wrote a not long at all post and when I attempted to post a message came up like "message must be between 5 and 255 characters or something like that. No one else get that?
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a limit to a message length, perhaps it should be measured in screen real estate, rather than words. Scrolling through 35 feet (the necessary height of my monitor with the dot pitch unchanged such that I would not have to scroll) of images lightly interspersed with text only to find little of interest is irritating.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

No I wrote a not long at all post and when I attempted to post a message came up like "message must be between 5 and 255 characters or something like that. No one else get that?

it was asking for a subject text. i find it annoying but doesnt do it often, thankfully.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aha!

Yes, I have gotten that, and I now know what your problem is.

You were accidentally typing in the title/subject line, not the main body of the message post section.

It will also sometimes happen if you are posting a reply to the thread and the message title has gotten deleted from that line.

Just more stupidities from this software.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordM with the solution..... makes sense too... I have inadvertently started typing in the subject/title line as well.. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file