Home Precious Metals

10% over $50 Aug 10th and 11th

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2017 12:25PM in Precious Metals
I think it would be interesting to keep a record of the date of promotions and what they are.

Maybe we could predict after a while when an offer was due to drop. image

Those with limited funds might like an opportunity to ignore a lame 3x promotion if a 5x was due in a week .

Here we go first offer

April 19th 2 days 8% ebay bucks $100 minimum

April 27th 6 hour Flash event 8% ebay bucks no minimum

May 2nd 2 days 4% on all , 6% over $25, 8% over $50

May 9th 2 days 6% on over $50

May 17- may 18 10% minimum $100

May 23 8% over $100 Flash sale 8 hours only ends 6 pm PT

June 8th Flash 6 hours only 4% any item , 6% over $50 , 8% over $100

June 14th Flash 8 hours only 6% over $50

June 22nd Flash 12pm to 6pm PST

4% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item $50 or more
6% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $100 or more
8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $150 or more

June 28th and 29th 6% no minimum

3rd quarter

July 20 & 21st

• 4% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $50 or more
• 6% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $100 or more
• 8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $150 or more

August 2nd and 3rd

10% over $50

August 8th and Aug 9th

4% below $25

6% $25 to $50

8% over $50

August 15th -August 17th 6% no minimum

August 24th -26th 4% over $50

Sept 1 2 and 3 6% over 50$

Sept 8th and 9th 6% no minimum and a new gimmick EBAY bucks for sellers

6% bucks for items sold I've never seen this before and I'm not sure exactly how it works but it could be a good deal

Sept 14 15 and 16 10% ebay bucks $50 minimum

Sept 21st. 8% no minimum

Sept 26 & 27 10% bucks minimum of $50

10% bucks Oct 19th and 20th

4% bucks under $25, 6% bucks 25-50$, 8% bucks over $50 Nov. 1& 2

8% bucks over $100 Nov. 7th only

Earn 4% on qualifying items $50+, 6% on $100+, 8% on $150+ Nov 14 &nov 15

8% bucks over $50 Nov 21st and 22nd

8% no minimum purchase nov 29th & nov 30th

Dec 5 & 6 10% bucks over $50

8% no minimum purchase Dec 14th & Dec 15th

6% bucks over $50 Dec 20th only

EBAY BUCKS 10% $100 minimum Dec 26th only

Dec 30th only 8% bucks no minimum

First Quarter 2017

Jan 18th and 19th 8% no minimumbr>

8% no minimum through Feb 3rd

6% under $25, 8% over $25, and 10% over $50 Ebay bucks until 2/8.

10% over $50 Ebay bucks until 2/15.

Buying until Feb 23rd 10% bucks no minimum , Selling list by the end of Feb 23rd item must sell before March 5th earn 10% bucks

8% over $50 2/28 & 3/1

6% bucks under $25 , 8% bucks $25 to 50$ 10% over $50

8% bucks buying or selling through march 19th no minimum

8% bucks over $50 march 23rd and 24th

Earn 6% on qualifying items, 8% on items $25+, 10% on items $50+ 29th 30th and 31st

8% ebucks no minimum until 4/21.

8% ebay Bucks no minimum until 5/7 $50 minimum , 15% on fashion $50 minimum

10% bucks over $50 may 11th and 12th

8% ebay Bucks no minimum buy and sell until 5/20

8% ebay Bucks no minimum until 6/1

8% ebay Bucks $50 minimum until 6/10

10% Buy or Sell june 14th thru June 16

•6% in under $25 •8% $25 -$50•10% over $50

8% Ebay Bucks no minimum 27th through 29th
July 21st thru July 23rd 8% no minimum
August 3rd thru August 5th 6% no minimum

10% over $50 Aug 10th and 11th

Comments

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    With the bucks just paid out today I'm hoping for a 5x to drop again in the next two weeks. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent my ebucks on smoe birthday presents today, not coin related.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

What made me think of this is that I feel like this past quarter has had more promotions and larger percentages when they happen than any time since I've been looking at bucks.

Maybe eBay is having a bad quarter and they are trying to bump the sell numbersimage
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

What made me think of this is that I feel like this past quarter has had more promotions and larger percentages when they happen than any time since I've been looking at bucks.

Maybe eBay is having a bad quarter and they are trying to bump the sell numbersimage

I agree - ebay ran more promotions than usual and were offering them right up to the last days of the quarter.

I maxed two accounts this time and purchased two gold 1 oz gold bars today. RCM at $1,234 and PAMP at $1,230 were listed as bullion (no new ebay bucks) but were attractive prices. Swagbucks and cc rebate helped as well.
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I'm sure if you read through their 8K filing or listen to their quarterly earnings call their revenue will be down. Not surprised as seller fees go up each year, there are more fake items being sold and still lots of other selling/buying issues taking place.

These are the eBay buck promo's I have received this year (through my email). I might have not received one or two (sometimes they are only through the ebay site), so if you see a discrepancy it might be from that...

1/20- 2x $50+ 3x $100+ 4x $150+

2/10- 2x $50+

2/16- 5x $50+

2/25- 4x $50+

3/2- 3x No Minimum

3/8- 5x $50+

3/14- 4x No Minimum

3/23- 4x No Minimum

3/28- 5x No Minimum

4/20- 4x $100+

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea....bronco2078, you have my vote in keeping the thread alive, while we wait.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    ShadyDave, how do you get these promos? Sales per quarter?
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: renman95

Hey RenMan95

This is a link to the eBay bucks program page and should answer most of your questions. You have to sign up for eBay bucks in order to get the "rewards". You normally get 2 % of your money spent on "qualified items" back as eBay "bucks" (think of it as a gift certificate at the end of the quarter if you accrue $5.00 or more in eBay bucks).

Occasionally eBay sends out these promotions via email/ebay messages to help drum up sales during tough quarters or holiday seasons. Sometimes they have minimum amounts to spend, other times not. The 2x/3x/4x/5x stands for the multiplier the eBay bucks can give (4%, 6%, 8% or 10%) which can add up.

Above are a list of the emails for eBay buck promotions for 2016. In my experience, most people receive these during the 2nd and 3rd month of each quarter. I hope this helps!
    Originally posted by: ShadyDave

Yep, I'm sure if you read through their 8K filing or listen to their quarterly earnings call their revenue will be down. Not surprised as seller fees go up each year, there are more fake items being sold and still lots of other selling/buying issues taking place.

These are the eBay buck promo's I have received this year (through my email). I might have not received one or two (sometimes they are only through the ebay site), so if you see a discrepancy it might be from that...

1/20- 2x $50+ 3x $100+ 4x $150+

2/10- 2x $50+

2/16- 5x $50+

2/25- 4x $50+

3/2- 3x No Minimum

3/8- 5x $50+

3/14- 4x No Minimum

3/23- 4x No Minimum

3/28- 5x No Minimum

This looks about right to me. 5 good offers in March was unprecedented. Even not keeping track it got to the point where you could sense when an offer was coming soon.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ShadyDave
    Originally posted by: renman95

Hey RenMan95

This is a link to the eBay bucks program page and should answer most of your questions. You have to sign up for eBay bucks in order to get the "rewards". You normally get 2 % of your money spent on "qualified items" back as eBay "bucks" (think of it as a gift certificate at the end of the quarter if you accrue $5.00 or more in eBay bucks).

Occasionally eBay sends out these promotions via email/ebay messages to help drum up sales during tough quarters or holiday seasons. Sometimes they have minimum amounts to spend, other times not. The 2x/3x/4x/5x stands for the multiplier the eBay bucks can give (4%, 6%, 8% or 10%) which can add up.

Above are a list of the emails for eBay buck promotions for 2016. In my experience, most people receive these during the 2nd and 3rd month of each quarter. I hope this helps!

Signing up for the ebay bucks program only makes you eligible for the normal 2% ebay bucks. To receive their promos for extra ebay bucks click on the account tab and click on communications preferences. At the bottom of the page next to surveys and promotions click on show and then put a check mark in the second box. Then click save. You are now signed up to receive their random two-day bonus buck notifications. They don't send them to everyone each time. If you get left out don't fret, you might get the next one. Buying account is the one I get them on.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Great info. Thx to all.

Bump for the first offer 8% for 2 days $100 minimum
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Bump for the first offer 8% for 2 days $100 minimum

Received the same one...
    8% 4/20-4/21.

• mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I didn't get this one. For those that did, did anyone have unspent ebay bucks from last quarter still?
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get it, either. As a point of reference, I got all of the ones last month.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get it.... but I did have some unspent ebay bucks....
    ----- kj
  • CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mdkuom
    I didn't get this one. For those that did, did anyone have unspent ebay bucks from last quarter still?

I have been getting all of them until this one as well. I had a small stash of unspent bucks waiting. I think that was the problem. So I spent them today and will see if I get the next one.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
    X4 eBay bucks until 6 P.M. on any purchase; a SIX hour special...coins and bullion excluded (sorry)
  • mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: USASoccer
    X4 eBay bucks until 6 P.M. on any purchase; a SIX hour special...coins and bullion excluded (sorry)

Bullion excluded yes, coins no.
    4X = 8%

Silvertowne still has a bunch of gold AGE's listed in the: Coins & Paper Money, Coins: US - Collections, Lots.....that are eligible for bucks.

Any one else having trouble logging into their ebay account. Can't even log out of the one I am in.

Disregard, ebay back on line.

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a good time to pick up a 2016 gold Mercury dime for around $250.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

I like these no minimum offers I had the 2 newest red books on my watch list and grabbed those because I didn't have much time to look for bullion.

Purchased a $400 Delta kitchen faucet for $150!

bump for today's offer
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump for today's offer

Missed it, how much?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

4% for any item , 6% over $25 , 8% for over $50 It's good thru midnight tonight.

Maybe I should edit the title of the OP to reflect the latest offer then bump it to the topimage
    6% on items over $50. 5/9 - 5/10.

Originally posted by: derryb
    6% on items over $50. 5/9 - 5/10.

Got it.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    THROUGH 5/18 @ 11:59pm PT.....

Anyone else get an offer for 10% on any qualifying item over $100, or did EVERYONE get this offer? The offer WASN'T in my 'messages' box, but was right there on the screen upon signing in to my acct. Only received it for my seller's acct, though I did have to return a very 'generously' described (not to mention what turned out to be a very juiced image) Libertad, and only 're-spent' them after midnight this morning, so I'm guessing that's what kept it out of my buyer's acct. A strange one, for sure, but I'll take it. Anyone/everyone else?
    I'll come up with something.
  • MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for me, I checked my email and Ebay home page. I got the last three but not this one unfortunately.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635

Only for the people who have the 10% ebay bucks. Should be in one of your front banners if you have it.

Grab this while you can, with the $100 back, your price becomes $1214.49, way under spot price
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Weird, the offer just appeared in my message box!

Cakes, here's your link.......Cakes link
    I'll come up with something.
    struck out again -- both of my accounts...bummer. That 1 oz Philharmonic would have been enticing....
    One may have to log out of ebay and then back in to catch the banner invitation. Eventually a message will normally follow.

• TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Cakes

Only for the people who have the 10% ebay bucks. Should be in one of your front banners if you have it.

Grab this while you can, with the $100 back, your price becomes $1214.49, way under spot price

Cakes. I don't believe this item is eligible for Ebay bucks since it is listed under bullion.
  • SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TJM965

Cakes. I don't believe this item is eligible for Ebay bucks since it is listed under bullion.

You need to sign in to your account and it will show the ebay bucks.
    BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    It was, they changed the category.
  • SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: freechance
    It was, they changed the category.

They sure did! Looks like the buyers before the change got a nice deal.

I wonder if Apmex is going to change the 2016 Austria 1 oz Platinum Philharmonic listing as well?
    BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
    Silvertowne always has a fist full of bullion (overpriced) coins listed in: Coins & Paper Money, Coins: US, Collections, Lots...that would qualify for bucks. But with 10% bucks, they might be more digestible.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TJM965

Sorry about that. I did see the category changed from changed from world coin to gold coin.

Either way it's no longer ebay bucks eligible.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was great while it lasted. I snagged 4.

Thanks for the heads up.

As a seller whenever these bucks promotions pop up I'd try to move bullion to US coins to be eligible and its never resulted in a sale once.

• freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    those specials seem to line up about once a month or so. an ebay bucks promo and a sale between $20 and $40 over on one of the 3 1 oz gold coins apmex lists that are eligible. The random maple, Britannia, and the phil are the 3 that I have found before. the last time was on 5/2
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Havent rec'd one in a long time (more than 6 months). I used to get them weekly or so it seemed.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    Originally posted by: OperationButter
    Havent rec'd one in a long time (more than 6 months). I used to get them weekly or so it seemed.

I have two buying accounts. The one I use regularly seems to get most of the offers. The one I use seldom never gets offers. My selling only account never gets them. Appears to take regular buying activity. Hope this helps.