Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

With 10 seconds left Im still the high bidder at $120...

My heart is racing! Very very exciting! I'm going to join the LOW# club and of course BOOOM I get BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER!! ($670) I was hoping this would slip through the cracks. It has it all for me. A perfect 10. Serial number 10. On a $10. 10th district. Binary not only with a big J, but John too!! Great condition. Older note. Man I still like this sexy note!

Comments

• Options
    Those "snipers" can kill you in the last second. We can always hope though huh. image
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Yep the sharks were all over it. Nice note!
  • Options
    daveudaveu Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    worth over $1000 IMHO
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw it on the bay and I was the underbidder.Great note....sure is! But,here's why I didn't bid stronger.......It has a couple of corner folds(that really didn't scare me away)and it appears completely toned.I have had problems selling(or auctioning)toned notes regardless of other positive selling points.I agree with Greg(Maxcrusha) that the note should be in the $1000 range(and,one day,most likely will be) but in the current market,as shown by how much it got on eBay,that toning surely hurt the value.Still,I personally wouldn't mind owning it,but,as a businessman,I must buy with other factors in the equation.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    i believe that note may be going to the owner of the 1963 J00000010* $10, but I could be mistaken

what a pair that would be!

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey,I have the 1963 $20 J-A serial #10 (non-star).......but alas,no pic.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    dtreterdtreter Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Is that note toned or does it look like that from poor lighting? Hard to tell for sure.
  • Options
    Yes I was out of my league on this beauty. For a lower budget type collector who usually stays in the vg-vf range if there is appeal, honest wear, no distractions, this beauty was waaaay above my threshold. I love the look of the note. I was kinda thinking when i was bidding the toning was only about half as much and the other half- just from the bad photo. Either way, it fit my idea of fresh and fancy.