Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Large Cents strong at Baltimore sale.

goldengolden Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like the early lots of Large Cents in the Stack's Baltimore sale are going for strong money. I was not even close one the one lot in which I was interested.

Comments

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sat in for a while this evening and observed the same thing. I was told that the coins in the collection were very nice though.

Tom

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the twin leaf collection was cac'd.

Even more so, some of the pcgs/cac population was all made in this collection.
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow. Just logged into stacks to see the results and the few lots I bid on were BLOWN out of the world.

Now at 11:30 est and 400 lots left to go through at the incredible slow rate each lot is going this sale could go to easily 2-3 am.

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wow. Just logged into stacks to see the results and the few lots I bid on were BLOWN out of the world.

Now at 11:30 est and 400 lots left to go through at the incredible slow rate each lot is going this sale could go to easily 2-3 am. >>

I lasted 6 minute on that site before I could stand it no longer. I left crying . I need a drink

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot 2314, an 1839/6 N-1 in PCGS AU55, sold for over $64k. This same coin sold for $14k in 2005 and $20k in Holmes II 2010.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Going on 3:00 am in Balto. I think they need some coffee and breakfast brought in!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭
    The 1839 Booby Head Cent in PCGS 67RB went for $55,812.50!!! I think my 66+RB just went up in value.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I give up. How does one actually find prices realized from the 7/16 Stacks sale?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did not start on time, was supposed to kick off at 1000 PST, had to go to work, 99% are out of my reach anyway.

Live bidding begins Jul 16 2015 10:00AM PST
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like the early lots of Large Cents in the Stack's Baltimore sale are going for strong money. >>

That seems to be the norm at any auction recently.....what I need is an auction with nice large cents going for a steal!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It looks like the early lots of Large Cents in the Stack's Baltimore sale are going for strong money. >>

That seems to be the norm at any auction recently.....what I need is an auction with nice large cents going for a steal! >>

Take out a membership in EAC (Early American Coppers) and go to their annual convention. There were some very nice large cents on the bourse this time. I bought a couple very common pieces in most extraordinary condition at very fair prices. If you are looking for the rare stuff in high grade it's always going to be expensive. For the more common pieces, not so much.

This collection was very heavily promoted. Stacks' even rented a room at the EAC convention to show these coins months before the sale.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice, Bill.

I did score a decent wreath cent at Summer FUN, and cherried an R5 S-111 1796 at Melb on Sun, from 'sheet' dealers....

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to make five buck shining QDB's shoes at the airport.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, I give up. How does one actually find prices realized from the 7/16 Stacks sale? >>

like with most things with computers, there are a few different ways.

http://www.stacksbowers.com/BrowseAuctions/LotDetail/tabid/227/AuctionID/6105/Lot/4012/Default.aspx - you can change the lot number manually. 4012

session 3 first lot

you can use their software and do some bookmarks.

im not real good at their archives but with some effort i usually find what im looking for. it seems to help if you know the auction number.

sometimes bookmarks may not work. depends on how the info is accessed/parsed.

http://www.stacksbowers.com/BrowseAuctions/July2015BaltimoreShowcaseAuction.aspx?auctionid=6105 - this shows you a detailed overview. click the sessions to view them.

http://www.stacksbowers.com/BrowseAuctions/LotListing.aspx?AuctionID=6105&sessionid=683 - current live auction

filters on the left help narrow searching for live/ended listings.

i know i didn't post a list of items ended with hammer but i got tired of looking for the first 3 sessions ended links. if you know which lots you want, the above links/info should get you there.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file