Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

All Time Saints Registry

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, there was no requirement that the voters actually had to be Saints fans. I've been following them since I was a toddler going to Tulane Stadium. I've seen em all. I voted accordingly. Stan Brock was the best lineman we ever had until Roaf came along. >>

Im not familiar with Stan Brock, but Willie Roaf could make a 1000 yd. rusher out of the guy that flips burgers at McDonalds. That guy was a machine, if you were unfortunate enough to be lined up against him, your name wasnt heard all game!
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    great post. FYI, the commissioner almost stepped in a voide the Newsome/Bert Jones trade because he felt the Saints were getting fleeced.

Also, when he looked at their draft board, they did not even have Raymond Chester on it as draftable, although he eventually was a first round pick of Oakland.

The Saints of 67-75 made some of the worst trades in history.........
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread needs a bump.

I am considering re-submitting a few names to be added to this set.

Also considering having a couple of names deleted.

Adds:
    1970 Topps Jake Kupp
    1974 Topps Tom Myers (a must in my opinion)
    1982 Topps Derland Moore
    1983 Topps Stan Brock
    1984 Topps USFL Bobby Hebert (another must)
    1987 Topps Eric Martin (complete no brainer for anyone who ever followed this team)
    1989 Score Wayne Martin
    2006 Bowman Chrome Marques Colston

Removal:
    1977 Topps Chuck Muncie (had a couple of nice years in New Orleans but bulk of career in San Diego)
    1980 Topps Wes Chandler (see Chuck Muncie)
    1999 Ultra La'Roi Glover (see the comments above and change the team to Dallas Cowboys)

any thoughts?
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Mike, you know you have my support. I love all of those guys.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I've got a 1985 USFL Sam Mills PSA 9 for sale. REALLY thought it was a 10. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I've retired my All-Time Saints and Saints Hall of Fame sets, so about 90% of those cards are available in my for sale thread in the BST section. This includes my PSA 9 2001 Topps Chrome Drew Brees and my PSA 10 Deuce McAllister. Plus Swilling, Mills, Johnson, Hebert, Hilliard rookies and more. Check em out!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I have requested the addition of Jahri Evans.
    His first card issued is 2010 Topps #319 and that is the card I requested added.

By the way I had three of these cards graded and they all came back 10s - (pop 4)
    I'm keeping one, but will let the others go for 20 bucks a piece.

(both sold)

Tom
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    I am very surprised Will Smith isn't in the set. Defensive captain, 4th in career franchise sacks & a key member on defense for a Super Bowl champion.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.