1988 Topps Dalton Hilliard RC
2001 Topps Chrome Deuce McAllister

after these we can consider others like

1983 Topps Bruce Clark RC
Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I'd agree with all of those selections. I was curious how Deuce got overlooked since he is the Saints' all time rusher, and Eric Martin, who retired as the Saints' all time receiver. Chuck Muncie was a solid back for the Saints, but I think anyone that watched the Saints back then would tell you that Tony Galbreath was MUCH more valuable to the Saints than Muncie ever was. He rushed for 2/3's of what Chuck got, but he caught tons of passes, blocked anyone that would come anywhere near Archie, and had a great attitude. Chuck's attitude was not so great. To think that we got Rickey Jackson in trade for Chuck Muncie is still quite amazing. Almost makes up for the Billy Newsome deal for Bert Jones that cost us Chuck Foreman. What about Dan Abramowicz and Tommy Myers? Danny led the NFL in receiving one year and had the all-time reception streak for a few years. He did most of that with the Saints. Tommy was the heart and soul of the secondary for a decade, and was a Pro Bowler as well. And while I loved La'Roi Glover in his brief Saints tenure, how he gets in over Wayne Martin who had 10+ sacks five times as a Saint is a mystery. I guess my years of living in New Orleans and following the team are starting to show. I commend recbball for getting it rolling. He put a lot of work into it I'm sure. I'll probably get registered on it at some point. I guess part of my issue with all-time sets is that they don't necessarily showcase the player with the team he is all-time for. I'd be much happier if instead of rookie cards, we used the first cards issued for that team. For guys like Archie and Rickey Jackson it is the same card, but for players like Drew Brees and Joe Horn, I hate the idea of putting Chargers and Chiefs cards into a Saints registry. And one last thing... why the Topps Chrome? In all of the older sets, we used the standard Topps card. Why is it different with the all-time sets? Isn't Deuce's Topps card good enough? OK, I'm done.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say definitely add Abramowicz Galbreath and Wayne Martin. Not sure why Chandler is on this since he was only in NO for a couple of years. Most of his damage done in SD like Muncie
  • Options
    Also Myers is a must add as well. A Saints fan who has followed them should have taken the time to do this
  • Options
    Chrome is used because it is the best non autoed non gu rookie. You have to use rookie cards even though they are in other unis
  • Options
    I can understand that. I'd also think Jim Wilks, Jim Dombrowski, and Renaldo Turnbull could be considered. They were excellent for a long time. Joe Johnson too.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Thanks for your comments rexvos and Sam.
    When I made an outline of what would be the checklists for the all-time Saints, Falcons and Seahawks sets I set the mark at a min. of three pro-bowl appearances and player had to play a good portion of their career ith that team. I have lived my whole life in Chicago and there is no way I could know the history of these three teams the way I know the Bears history. I tried to keep the checklists simple for these three teams so they would appeal to more than a few collectors. I have also chosen the most valuable RC for each player that has a min. print run of 999 and does not include auto or relic cards.
    I would vote for all the cards you both have brought up. I think you have to use the best RC of each player to make the set desireable for more collectors. The 2001 Topps Chrome Deuce McAllister is definately the way to go.
    I'll check back later, time to watch the Bears gameimage

Tom
  • Options
    Here is the rough draft of players I had to choose from:

All-Time Saints

Danny Abramowicz 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Andy Livingston 1-time Pro Bowler
    Tony Baker 1-time Pro Bowler
    Jake Kupp 1-time Pro Bowler
    Tom Dempsey 1-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Archie Manning 2-time Pro Bowler
    Chuck Muncie 3-time Pro Bowler
    Wes Chandler 4-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Henry Childs 1-time Pro Bowler
    Tom Myers 1-time Pro Bowler
    George Rogers 2-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Rickey Jackson 6-time Pro Bowler
    Brian Hansen 1-time Pro Bowler
    Morten Andersen 7-time Pro Bowler & 3-time first-team All-Pro
    Rueben Mayes 2-time Pro Bowler
    Hoby Brenner 1-time Pro Bowler
    Brad Edelman 1-time Pro Bowler
    Dave Waymer 1-time Pro Bowler
    Sam Mills 5-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Vaughan Johnson 4-time Pro Bowler
    Eric Martin 1-time Pro Bowler
    Dalton Hilliard 1-time Pro Bowler
    Pat Swilling 5-time Pro Bowler & 2-time first-team All-Pro
    Joel Hilgenberg 1-time Pro Bowler
    Renaldo Turnbull 1-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Tyrone Hughes 1-time Pro Bowler
    Willie Roaf 11-time Pro Bowler & 3-time first-team All-Pro
    Wayne Martin 1-time Pro Bowler
    Eric Allen 6-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Joe Johnson 2-time Pro Bowler
    Ricky Williams 1-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Joe Horn 4-time Pro Bowler
    Kyle Turley 1-time first-team All-Pro
    La'Roi Glover 6-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Keith Mitchell 1-time Pro Bowler
    Mark Fields 2-time Pro Bowler
    Sammy Knight 1-time Pro Bowler
    Deuce McAllister 2-time Pro Bowler
    Michael Lewis 1-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    LeCharles Bentley 2-time Pro Bowler
    Mitch Berger 2-time Pro Bowler
    Drew Brees 3-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Jammal Brown 2-time Pro Bowler & 1-time first-team All-Pro
    Will Smith 1-time Pro Bowler
  • Options
    Much appreciated Tom - I thought about doing this for two years. Um, you see how far I got....

It'll be a fun set to put together, with a lot of characters too. Maybe we should vote in Az Hakim, since he got us our first playoff win ;-)
  • Options
    thanks again for adding it, I do not know how to add players so please someone add the ones I suggest along with:

1969 Topps Danny Abramowicz
    1974 Topps Tommy Myers (I think
    1989 Score Wayne Martin
  • Options
    To add players all you have to do is join the set and send an e-mail to PSA requesting the player(s) you want added and which card for each player.
  • Options
    I just did it. Hopefully we can get that taken care of quickly. I listed a number of cards, so just vote accordingly.
  • Options
    Here's what I listed. Some of these are worth debating. So, the majority rules. All of these players had some strong redeeming qualities and great seasons in a Saints uniform. Some of them also had some tough years as well. You guys decide. These are the ones I thought were worthy.

1969 Topps Dan Abramowicz #36
    1970 Topps Jake Kupp #196
    1973 Topps Del Williams #277
    1974 Topps Tom Myers #94
    1977 Topps Henry Childs #68
    1977 Topps Tony Galbreath #257
    1982 Topps Dave Waymer #413
    1983 Topps Stan Brock #110
    1983 Topps Bruce Clark #111
    1984 Topps Jim Wilks #307
    1984 Topps USFL Bobby Hebert #62
    1985 Topps Hoby Brenner #102
    1987 Topps Eric Martin #276
    1988 Topps Dalton Hilliard #57
    1989 Score Wayne Martin #248
    1990 Fleer Jim Dombrowski #185
    1990 Pro Set Frank Warren #219
    1990 Pro Set Joel Hilgenberg #588
    1990 Score Renaldo Turnbull #615
    1994 Ultra Joe Johnson #213
    1999 Bowman Chrome Aaron Brooks #199
    2001 Topps Chrome Deuce McAllister #258
    2006 Bowman Chrome Marques Colston #29
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    if you are going to add Colston, the best choice is the SP Authentic
  • Options
    I would also strongly consider Craig Heyward as an addition also.

Although Dave Waymer only had one Pro Bowl appearance, consider that people with 5 more interceptions or less include Deion Sanders, Mel Renfro, Larry Wilson, Donnie Shell, Yale Lary, Jake Scott, and Ken Houston(one more). He is tied or has more interceptions than Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, Lemar Parrish, Jack Christiansen, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Haynes, and Roger Wehrli.
  • Options

<< <i>I would also strongly consider Craig Heyward as an addition also.

Although Dave Waymer only had one Pro Bowl appearance, consider that people with 5 more interceptions or less include Deion Sanders, Mel Renfro, Larry Wilson, Donnie Shell, Yale Lary, Jake Scott, and Ken Houston(one more). He is tied or has more interceptions than Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, Lemar Parrish, Jack Christiansen, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Haynes, and Roger Wehrli. >>

I agree on Waymer. I always liked that Coke head, Heyward is not a bad idea either.
  • Options
    Waymer was the best corner the Saints ever had. Period. I have no problem with Ironhead. Cosetta emailed me today and said she would send out a poll in mid September. If you guys want to email her to throw more in there please be my guest. I actually want lots of cards on here, because the Saints are my team and it will make it more fun and interesting.

Sam
  • Options

<< <i>Waymer was the best corner the Saints ever had. Period. I have no problem with Ironhead. Cosetta emailed me today and said she would send out a poll in mid September. If you guys want to email her to throw more in there please be my guest. I actually want lots of cards on here, because the Saints are my team and it will make it more fun and interesting.

Sam >>

I agree, I woulder if they would put my 1986 McDonalds Frank Wattlet in there. I loved that guy.

I also really liked Jeff Groth, but not sure if he quite would make the cut.
  • Options

<< <i>if you are going to add Colston, the best choice is the SP Authentic >>

The SP Authentic for this card only has a print run of 750. If Colston has a great career this card would not be included in the HOF sets where the cutoff for print run is 999. The 2006 Bowman Chrome would be the choice. Well I think Colston is a great receiver and I wish the Bears had him I think it's too early in his career to be labeled an all-time great.
  • Options
    Well, we are talking about the Saints here... three years of greatness is an all time great for us.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, we are talking about the Saints here... three years of greatness is an all time great for us. >>

2 above average years would probably suffice.
  • Options
    Heck, Tom Dempsey gets talked about as one of the best Saints ever and he really only had one good kick.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>if you are going to add Colston, the best choice is the SP Authentic >>

The SP Authentic for this card only has a print run of 750. If Colston has a great career this card would not be included in the HOF sets where the cutoff for print run is 999. The 2006 Bowman Chrome would be the choice. Well I think Colston is a great receiver and I wish the Bears had him I think it's too early in his career to be labeled an all-time great. >>

Your right, I thought it had a run of 999 or 1250.
  • Options
    Did this thread really happen?
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Mini hijack here...

When you are setting up All Time Team sets, do you include coaches/execs? If so, do you include their rookie cards as players or coaches? Are there rules for this or is there at least some uniformity?
  • Options

<< <i>When you are setting up All Time Team sets, do you include coaches/execs? If so, do you include their rookie cards as players or coaches? Are there rules for this or is there at least some uniformity? >>

PSA only allows RCs recognized by Beckett. So if you were to start an All-time team where the coach's RC was back in his playing days and you wanted to add a card of him as a coach I don't know if PSA would allow that.
    For example when I started the All-Time Bulls set I included Phil Jackson's '72 Topps card.

Tom
  • Options
    I sure hope we don't end up with a Tom Fears rookie card or a Mike Ditka rookie card as part of the All-Time Saints team. That would make this a pricey little venture. Of course, considering their records as head coaches with the Saints, to call them "all-time greats" would be generous.
  • Options

PLAYOFFS?
  • Options

<< <i>image

PLAYOFFS? >>

pass on him.
  • Options
    Just got the email from Gayle with several suggested adds to the Registry. I voted yes on most, but a resounding no on Aaron Brooks. Whoever suggested him is no fan of the Saints.
  • Options
    Here's how I voted:

1. 1969 Topps Dan Abramowicz #36 YES
    2. 1970 Topps Jake Kupp #196 YES
    3. 1973 Topps Del Williams #277 NO
    4. 1974 Topps Tom Myers #94 YES
    5. 1977 Topps Henry Childs #68 YES
    6. 1977 Topps Tony Galbreath #257 YES
    7. 1982 Topps Dave Waymer #413 YES
    8. 1983 Topps Stan Brock #110 YES
    9. 1983 Topps Bruce Clark #111 NO
    10. 1984 Topps Jim Wilks #307 NO
    11. 1984 Topps USFL Bobby Hebert #62 YES
    12. 1985 Topps Hoby Brenner #102 YES
    13. 1987 Topps Eric Martin #276 YES
    14. 1988 Topps Dalton Hilliard #57 YES
    15. 1989 Score Wayne Martin #248 YES
    16. 1990 Fleer Jim Dombrowski #185 NO
    17. 1990 Pro Set Frank Warren #219 NO
    18. 1990 Pro Set Joel Hilgenberg #588 YES
    19. 1990 Score Renaldo Turnbull #296 YES
    20. 1994 Ultra Joe Johnson #213 YES
    21. 1999 Bowman Chrome Aaron Brooks #199 NO
    22. 2001 Topps Chrome Deuce McAllister #258 YES
    23. 2006 Bowman Chrome Marques Colston #29 YES

• Options
    close to mine. I voted yes on Bruce Clark and Jim Wilks though.
  • Options
    I voted yes to all except Brooks. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I grew up in New Orleans and saw all of these guys play for years. People forget about Del Williams and Jim Dombrowski and Jim Wilks and Frank Warren, but they were some of the best we ever had. I'd rather have one or two guys too many than leave someone deserving out.

Sam
  • Options
    By the way, I was the one who put Aaron Brooks on the list. I thought long and hard about it. While I personally think he is a tool, he was our starting QB for 5 and 1/2 years and was the first QB to actually WIN a playoff game for us. I figured it would at least be worth a vote. Of course, I voted against him...

Sam
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, I was the one who put Aaron Brooks on the list. I thought long and hard about it. While I personally think he is a tool, he was our starting QB for 5 and 1/2 years and was the first QB to actually WIN a playoff game for us. I figured it would at least be worth a vote. Of course, I voted against him...

Sam >>

I hate him so much.
  • Options
    I think this is going to be a really fun set to collect. Especially with 25-30 cards. It will be fun to track them all down. BTW, how long before they make the changes?

Sam
  • Options

<< <i>I think this is going to be a really fun set to collect. Especially with 25-30 cards. It will be fun to track them all down. BTW, how long before they make the changes?

Sam >>

not sure. I did have a 1988 Topps Hilliard PSA 9 pop today though. I really want it in a 10, but I bought a lot of 29 of them and the 9 was only one I had that was submittable.
  • Options
    Here's a few cards I picked up on the cheap this last month.

• Options
    I have a few that I have had for a while that I will get to plug in. Really hope to find a 9 on the Myers. Another one of my favorites, I search from time to time for 1 but no hits.
  • Options
    Cannot believe that Eric Martin did not make the cut, Stan Brock and Bobby Hebert too.

Whoever did not vote these guys in should not have been allowed a vote.
  • Options
    Well, there was no requirement that the voters actually had to be Saints fans. I've been following them since I was a toddler going to Tulane Stadium. I've seen em all. I voted accordingly. Stan Brock was the best lineman we ever had until Roaf came along.
  • Options
    And Tommy Myers and Wayne Martin not on the All-Time team? Good grief. That's the best defensive back and the best defensive lineman not making it. Martin played eleven seasons with the Saints and had ten or more sacks FIVE TIMES. This includes one season with 15.5 and another with 13. He is the second leading sacker in Saints history behind Rickey Jackson. He also recovered quite a few fumbles, and started every game for the Saints for nearly ten seasons until he retired. La'Roi Glover was a great player for the Saints for basically two seasons. He had many of his best seasons in Dallas. How is he there and not Wayne?

And Rexvos, I agree again... Eric Freaking Martin? C'mon!!! He's not there, but Wes Chandler is in? Wes caught 182 passes for the Saints in just over three seasons, with 15 TD's. Martin caught 532, with three seasons of over 1,000 yards and 48 TD's. I love Wes Chandler, but his contributions to the Saints were small compared to Eric Martin. I was really looking forward to this being a 25-30 card set with the best players all represented. But I think it has turned out to be a list of the players people were most familiar with. The way the registry has it where each person gets a vote doesn't mean much to me. What are the qualifications? So, if my neighbor's kid decides to register one card in the set, he gets a vote? The more I look at it the more I am considering just not bothering with it and deleting my set. It's just foolish. I am having a hard time going after what I truly believe to be "About 60% of the All-Time Saints".
  • Options
    Wayne Martin and Tommy Myers should both be in as well easily. I was really upset about the lack of additions.
  • Options
    I am surprised only 5 on the list got added, I thought it would be at least twice that.
  • Options

<< <i>And Tommy Myers and Wayne Martin not on the All-Time team? Good grief. That's the best defensive back and the best defensive lineman not making it. Martin played eleven seasons with the Saints and had ten or more sacks FIVE TIMES. This includes one season with 15.5 and another with 13. He is the second leading sacker in Saints history behind Rickey Jackson. He also recovered quite a few fumbles, and started every game for the Saints for nearly ten seasons until he retired. La'Roi Glover was a great player for the Saints for basically two seasons. He had many of his best seasons in Dallas. How is he there and not Wayne?

And Rexvos, I agree again... Eric Freaking Martin? C'mon!!! He's not there, but Wes Chandler is in? Wes caught 182 passes for the Saints in just over three seasons, with 15 TD's. Martin caught 532, with three seasons of over 1,000 yards and 48 TD's. I love Wes Chandler, but his contributions to the Saints were small compared to Eric Martin. I was really looking forward to this being a 25-30 card set with the best players all represented. But I think it has turned out to be a list of the players people were most familiar with. The way the registry has it where each person gets a vote doesn't mean much to me. What are the qualifications? So, if my neighbor's kid decides to register one card in the set, he gets a vote? The more I look at it the more I am considering just not bothering with it and deleting my set. It's just foolish. I am having a hard time going after what I truly believe to be "About 60% of the All-Time Saints". >>

You can still collect the one's you want to. I would be more upset if I had to buy 10 cards I really don't care about.

Also, I think it might annoy other collectors if you made the set as big as you like. Would not make that twice the size of an average all-time team set right now?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I don't know about other teams sets. I don't care about them. I only am a fan of the Saints. It's not that I wanted a huge amount of cards. It is just that I think if you are going to only have 15 or 18 or whatever, they should be the absolutely most deserving players. And I understand how people are. If you don't follow the Saints as your team ,you don't know who a guy like Tommy Myers is. He played in one Pro Bowl and never played on a winning team. He retired 28 years ago and is largely forgotten. Eric Martin is pretty much an unknown as well, despite the fact that he is the Saints All-Time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and yards from scrimmage. But I just think we should get it right. I like Dalton Hilliard a lot. And really all of the guys selected. But to pick Dalton Hilliard or Wes Chandler, who were great for a year or two at most, and then overlook your all-time leader in three huge statistical categories seems strange. Honestly, if we were only picking ten guys, Eric Martin should be one of the ten. I haven't looked at the other All-Time teams, but I'm going to guess that most of them have the all-time leader in yards from scrimmage on the team. But I have noticed that most of the people collecting the set also collect the All-Time teams from all of the others, so alas I am one of the only Saints guys voting. So the rest of you don't want to have to add a bunch of guys you aren't big fans of to a set when you are also collecting 31 other teams. I can respect that. Just a little disappointed. Maybe I'll have to start up Eric Martin, Tommy Myers, and Wayne Martin player sets as my own tribute.

Sam
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know about other teams sets. I don't care about them. I only am a fan of the Saints. It's not that I wanted a huge amount of cards. It is just that I think if you are going to only have 15 or 18 or whatever, they should be the absolutely most deserving players. And I understand how people are. If you don't follow the Saints as your team ,you don't know who a guy like Tommy Myers is. He played in one Pro Bowl and never played on a winning team. He retired 28 years ago and is largely forgotten. Eric Martin is pretty much an unknown as well, despite the fact that he is the Saints All-Time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and yards from scrimmage. But I just think we should get it right. I like Dalton Hilliard a lot. And really all of the guys selected. But to pick Dalton Hilliard or Wes Chandler, who were great for a year or two at most, and then overlook your all-time leader in three huge statistical categories seems strange. Honestly, if we were only picking ten guys, Eric Martin should be one of the ten. I haven't looked at the other All-Time teams, but I'm going to guess that most of them have the all-time leader in yards from scrimmage on the team. But I have noticed that most of the people collecting the set also collect the All-Time teams from all of the others, so alas I am one of the only Saints guys voting. So the rest of you don't want to have to add a bunch of guys you aren't big fans of to a set when you are also collecting 31 other teams. I can respect that. Just a little disappointed. Maybe I'll have to start up Eric Martin, Tommy Myers, and Wayne Martin player sets as my own tribute.

Sam >>

it infuriates me that Eric Martin is not in as a Saints fan, on a side note.

this guy should be in but this is his only card:

• Options
    Agreed. But if Tommy Myers couldn't get in, there's no way Wattelet would have gotten even an ounce of support.

Sam
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Anyone here interested in the following All-Time Saints RC?

PSA 10 2001 TOPPS CHROME 258 DEUCE McALLISTER ROOKIE REFRACTOR $50.00 dlvd

PM me or e-mail at jabeduco@yahoo.com. PayPal accepted.

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Saints all time team

The Saints All Time Team needs to add John Hill, Wayne Martin, Tommy Myers, and Eric Martin as they are listed as starters on the All Time Team that the Saints announced today.

Also cut Chuck Muncie and Wes Chandler as both did most of their damage with the Chargers.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know about other teams sets. I don't care about them. I only am a fan of the Saints. It's not that I wanted a huge amount of cards. It is just that I think if you are going to only have 15 or 18 or whatever, they should be the absolutely most deserving players. And I understand how people are. If you don't follow the Saints as your team ,you don't know who a guy like Tommy Myers is. He played in one Pro Bowl and never played on a winning team. He retired 28 years ago and is largely forgotten. Eric Martin is pretty much an unknown as well, despite the fact that he is the Saints All-Time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and yards from scrimmage. But I just think we should get it right. I like Dalton Hilliard a lot. And really all of the guys selected. But to pick Dalton Hilliard or Wes Chandler, who were great for a year or two at most, and then overlook your all-time leader in three huge statistical categories seems strange. Honestly, if we were only picking ten guys, Eric Martin should be one of the ten. I haven't looked at the other All-Time teams, but I'm going to guess that most of them have the all-time leader in yards from scrimmage on the team. But I have noticed that most of the people collecting the set also collect the All-Time teams from all of the others, so alas I am one of the only Saints guys voting. So the rest of you don't want to have to add a bunch of guys you aren't big fans of to a set when you are also collecting 31 other teams. I can respect that. Just a little disappointed. Maybe I'll have to start up Eric Martin, Tommy Myers, and Wayne Martin player sets as my own tribute.

Sam >>

I agree w/ you on the team sets and the player selections.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.