Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Nice angle shot.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    If the picture is the one you're getting... it looks like there's a good chance you scored.

How did I not see this one? Man, I gotta start paying more attention. I'm waiting for one right now that looked kinda iffy in the picture... keeping my fingers crossed.

Clark
    NMFB ™

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that an Accented Hair I see in there? Or is it just a reflection making me see it? Nice price if it is an accented hair. And not really bad if it ain't.
    imageimage

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but that one's not an Accented Hair.

Psyche!image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    If the picture is the one you're getting... it looks like there's a good chance you scored.

I emailed them and asked.They said it was the one and only set they had.They had it up for auction starting at $8.50 with a reserve of $17.50.They said they took it to a dealer and he told them it was worth between $25.00 & $30.00 dollars.I told them if they revised the auction with a $25.00 Buy It Now I would be happy to take it off their hands.

Russ has made me EVILimage
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    That overly dark scan provides no clue about those coins. For that price, I sure hope you find something good about that Proof Set.
  • Options

<< <i>For that price, I sure hope you find something good about that Proof Set. >>

He found something good before he bid.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

That overly dark scan provides no clue about those coins.

I guess some people can only see trees.image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I too only see trees. I see an accented hair Kennedy Half, is there something I am missing?
  • Options
    LanLord,

Nope, you're not missing anything.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Just another one of those coins Braddick was referring to in another thread. One of those coins you can expect to sell for 50% less than they do today! The Accented Hair variety Kennedy has Populations flying through the roof. PCGS Populations are PR65-72, 66-101, 67-117, 68-107 and 32 in PR-69.

Back in May of 1999, the PCGS Cameo Accented Hair Kennedy Populations were: 65-12, 66-15, 67-13, 68-13. Today, they are 65-31, 66-38, 67-45 and 68-22. Totals in May of '99 were 53. Now they are 136. A 157% increase in just 3.5 years!

Back in May of 1999, the PCGS DCAM Accented Hair Kennedy Populations were: 65-5, 66-1, 67-0 and 68-6. Today, they are 65-11, 66-11, 67-12 and 68-7. Totals in May of '99 were 12. Now they are 41. A 242% increase in just 3.5 years!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (As responded to in the other threadimage If the collecting interest in this variety has also increased 3 fold (I think it's more) than they are still a good value regardless of the pop increase.

peacockcoins

• Options
  • Options
    Probably is past your bedtime.
  • Options
    Nope, I just find SSDD pretty boring.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list