Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The official 2014 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

WTT-- Action Variations:

Have to trade: Ramirez (oc side to side), Verlander, Kershaw, Weaver, & Wright

Needed: Upton, Kemp, Myers, & Goldschmidt

PM if trading possible.

Craig in Ohio
  • Options
    What was the advantage or benefit of the blister packs? I'm not familiar with those.
  • Options
    Picked up 2 blasters at Target today,
    First box...
    Second box...

So 4 blasters in and I have already pulled a black refractor and a relic. Will pick up a hobby box at the show I go to tomorrow, see how it goes.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Could really use some help finishing up some of this as I really don't want to do any more packs. Any help would be appreciated! Also willing to buy if trading isn't an option for you....

NEEDS:
    SP: 433, 439, 446, 453, 482, 490, 492, 493, 500
    New Age Performers: Kershaw, Ryu

Available to Trade:
    SP: 434, 440, 475, 476, 488, 499
    Action Image Variation: 100, 170, 250, 500
    Mini: 434 (Pedro Alvarez)
    Chrome: 50, 53, 160, 170, 213, 430, 434, 449, 472, 491, 493, 495
    Refractor: 213, 310, 345, 370, 459, 478
    Blue Border: 300 (Kershaw), 407 (Wacha has bottom left corner small ding), 444 (Darvish)
    Buy Backs: Pete Ward (White Sox), Al Worthington (Twins), White Sox 1965 Rookie Stars (Bruce Howard, Marv Staehle)
    Blue Auto: Ted Wills (Reds)
    Clubhouse Collection Base Jersey: Posey, Rondon, Bruce
    Clubhouse Collection Gold: Drew Stubbs (Gray Jersey #'d 28/99)

*edited for items that are gone...
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Grabbed a couple of jumbo packs from Walmart the other day. Pulled this pretty decent looking Koufax/Kershaw, going in the keeper pile. Will post another scan with some of the other cards that looked decent to me in case anyone has nicely centered and minty Kershaws from the set to trade.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Fur72,
    Wow. Thanks. That's a lot of info to absorb. Maybe I'm in over my head.
    Should I go blaster, hobby or retail or a combination of all 3? what are decent prices for the three? I see prices all over.

How do i get big hits, autos, jerseys etc...in all three?
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Here are the rest of the reasonably centered cards I pulled from Heritage the other day:

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭
    Cracked hobby box #1 of the year.
    1st Draft...2
    Flashbacks...4
    New Age...3
    Then & Now...2
    SP Highs...8
    SP Action...Hanley Ramirez
    Chrome 999...Sabathia, Wainwright
    Refractor 565...Kershaw
    Mini...Clay Buchholz 1/100
    Blue Auto....Frank Thomas
    Red Auto...Billy Moran 40/65

Box #2.
    1st Draft...2
    Flashbacks...4
    New Age...3
    Then & Now...2
    SP Highs...8
    SP Action...Jared Weaver
    Chrome 999...Mariners Rookies
    Refractor 565...Buchholz
    Jersey Relic...Salvador Perez

Box #3...."HOT Box"
    1st Draft...2
    Flashbacks...4
    New Age...3
    Then & Now...2
    SP Highs...8
    SP Action...Jared Weaver, Evan Longoria
    Chrome 999...Cole
    Refractor 565...Ortiz
    Jersey Relic...Yonder Alonso
    24 Purple Chrome

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sooooo, DoctorK, if that Trout is a mini, check the latest sell prices for it. >>

It is a mini and I am stunned at the latest prices.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sooooo, DoctorK, if that Trout is a mini, check the latest sell prices for it. >>

It is a mini and I am stunned at the latest prices. >>

There seems to be 3 buyers on eBay chasing these. Get that card up today, 7 day auction and reap the rewards.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

It is a mini and I am stunned at the latest prices. >>

There seems to be 3 buyers on eBay chasing these. Get that card up today, 7 day auction and reap the rewards. >>

Once I saw the prices it did not take long to list. Listed and sold.
  • Options
    Now I'm curious: what did the mini trout sell for?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hello everyone, first post on the boards here.

Anyone out there still trying to put together one or more base sets? I've bought three boxes thus far and the collation was fairly poor. Before I spring for another box I'd like to complete a base set and am hoping I can find some trading partners to help.

Here's my current checklist: LINK

And here's my list of available Chrome & Refractors. I'm happy to part with any of them for Chrome/Refractor Tigers.

CHROME (of 999): 53, 60, 345, 425, 471
    REFRACTORS (of 565): 445, 447
    BLACK REFRACTORS (of 65): 200
    PURPLE REFRACTORS: 20, 43, 49, 213, 275, 284, 310, 330, 354, 428, 437 (2), 441, 442, 445, 448, 449, 451, 461, 463, 474, 482, 489
    CLUBHOUSE COLLECTION RELIC: AJ, BP
  • Options
    Why did one have zero bids?

Also, I still have a few decent Heritage cards available if anybody needs them:

SP: 424 Wheeler, 461 Longoria
    Then & Now: McCovey/Votto
    News Flashback: Muhammad Ali

A few dozen base cards available in trade too. Let me know.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    wow...I sold my trout mini for $127 a couple of weeks ago before the whales jumped in the water.

By the way, if anyone is needing purples, send me a pm...i picked up a lot of about 320 of them today at a show.

I do need these however:

Refractors (#/565) (13): 20 170 200 205 250 342 430 442 447 449 458 471 489
    Purple Refractors: 33 49 60 73 160 345 400 426 431 432x2 433x2 434 439x2 453 469 480 487 491 499 500
    Walmart Blue (15): 149 160 275 407 426 430 432 439 444 457 461 463 475 482 487
    Target Red (14): 84 150 205 250 310 320 431 433 446 458 464 480 493 494

I also have about 150 sp's to trade if you can help...

thx, jim.
  • Options
    From the looks of it, several board members have beat the stated odds pulling mini's & black refractors etc. Congrats. I meant to share this last Monday...bogged down with work all week. I picked up 2 Walmart blasters. For the most part, came in as expected for only 2 boxes. Disappointed that I couldn't get at least a chrome in the 1st box, and the Yankee's cards were much less than odds. I plan on breaking 2 target blasters if they ever make it into my area...It's been so long to fully roll out Heritage that I see Topps Series 2 is out already...LOL. Anyway, as always, along wiith the box picks I included the expected pulls based on the odds and what I actually got. It's all up for trade. Will send to Ebay or COMC at the end of the month. And I included another wrapper with odds for Craig. The last one was from the jumbos. The odds are different for the blasters...which now makes sense out of the number of black backs.

Check out my Collection @ http://www.zistle.com/YankeesNYY
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    found thread on second page, is interest fading? or has everyone already completed their goals??? I'm still debating on whether to purchase a few more wax boxes....
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I'm still here, actively trading with several....post your wants, i will read them!
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still here, actively trading with several....post your wants, i will read them! >>

He does! We just consummated our 3rd...
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm still here, actively trading with several....post your wants, i will read them! >>

He does! We just consummated our 3rd... >>

If you 2 "consummated" and I've consummated with each of you, does that mean we had some sort of card trading threesome??
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Don't know^^^ but you might want to all get tested. image
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you 2 "consummated" and I've consummated with each of you, does that mean we had some sort of card trading threesome?? >>

I think it means we're eskimo brothers.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

Great post! Thanks for sharing. I may buy a blaster or two but I don't expect much. At least I'm seeing an auto or two being pulled out from retail.

Craig from Texas

<< <i>From the looks of it, several board members have beat the stated odds pulling mini's & black refractors etc. Congrats. I meant to share this last Monday...bogged down with work all week. I picked up 2 Walmart blasters. For the most part, came in as expected for only 2 boxes. Disappointed that I couldn't get at least a chrome in the 1st box, and the Yankee's cards were much less than odds. I plan on breaking 2 target blasters if they ever make it into my area...It's been so long to fully roll out Heritage that I see Topps Series 2 is out already...LOL. Anyway, as always, along wiith the box picks I included the expected pulls based on the odds and what I actually got. It's all up for trade. Will send to Ebay or COMC at the end of the month. And I included another wrapper with odds for Craig. The last one was from the jumbos. The odds are different for the blasters...which now makes sense out of the number of black backs.

image >>

• Options
    Thanks. Finally found some target blasters today. Bought three. Will have results up in a couple of days.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you 2 "consummated" and I've consummated with each of you, does that mean we had some sort of card trading threesome?? >>

I think it means we're eskimo brothers. >>

or as Nick Swisher would say eskimo bros!
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I'm still looking to wrap this one up. My needs list got a lot shorter thanks to some great trades on here. If anyone else can help me out, please let me know! Paypal also available if you're not in to trading, or don't need what I've got...

NEEDS:
    SP: 433

Available to Trade:
    SP: 434, 440, 475, 476, 488, 499
    Action Image Variation: 100, 250, 500
    Mini: 434 (Pedro Alvarez)
    Chrome: 50, 53, 160, 170, 213, 430, 434, 449, 472, 491, 493, 495
    Refractor: 213, 310, 345, 370, 459, 478
    Blue Border: 407 (Wacha has bottom left corner small ding), 444 (Darvish)
    Buy Backs: Pete Ward (White Sox), Al Worthington (Twins), White Sox 1965 Rookie Stars (Bruce Howard, Marv Staehle)
    Blue Auto: Ted Wills (Reds)
    Clubhouse Collection Base Jersey: Posey, Rondon, Bruce
    Clubhouse Collection Gold: Drew Stubbs (Gray Jersey #'d 28/99)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think it means we're eskimo brothers. >>

Matt, I got the card in today's mail. Thanks!!
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Guys - is there a Will Clark auto in the set? I saw him listed on an early sell sheet, but haven't seen one on eBay. (If possible, maybe someone could PM me, as sometimes this thread moves fast and my question/answer gets buried.)

Thanks!
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>found thread on second page, is interest fading? or has everyone already completed their goals??? I'm still debating on whether to purchase a few more wax boxes.... >>

With product coming in late, I've just started working on my set. I only have opened 4,000 cards or so and just found my first blasters while on a 4 day trip to Vegas. I should have a list up in a week or so. It seems like there is very little interest and I am not opening my case for now. Actually, I'm getting more frustrated with the whole hobby; pricing, center and quality, chances of pulling anything exciting, etc. I guess if it's not fun, well, maybe it's time...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Finally picked up my first hobby box yesterday at a card show, talked the guy down to $65. Here are the results...
    Surprised to get 2 action SP variations, but the Jeter is horribly off center. WTF is it with the off centering this year?
    SP - 8
    Chrome - 2
    Refractor - 1
    Action SP - 2
    Then & Now - 3
    NAP - 2
    BB FB - 2
    News FB - 3
    Draft - 2
    Relic - 1
    Not a bad box, will buy another at the next show I get to.
  • Options
    That Jeter sure is ugly! I'll take it off your hands....
  • Options
    With a few of these off center cards it looks more like 1981 fleer than 1965 topps.
  • Options
    can't believe my local target still has no blasters.....went in there this afternoon, nada
  • Options
    These are the top hits from my 3 Target Blasters. As far as Blasters go, Target outperformed Walmart, but for the money, I would stick with hobby boxes, unless you're just kicking around. My final Want/Trade list is included...including these red and blue border cards. Let's get some trades going here.

Wants
    Base: 30, 64, 226
    SPs: 433,438,454,497
    Refractor: 350, 433, 497
    Purple: 30, 433, 477, 497
    Chrome: 433
    NAP: BH, CD, CK, GS, HR, MH, MS, MT, PA, YD
    BB Flashbacks: A, BG, EB, JP, WM
    1965 Bazooka: 65B-CS, 65B-DJ CC
    Relics (Gold): CCR-AP Pettitte, CCR-RC Cano
    Blue Ink Auto: Mattingly

Trade
    SPs: 427x2, 428, 430, 441, 443, 450, 461, 462, 464, 487, 489, 490
    Purple: 33,50,140,150,160,216,243,269,303,320,431,431,439,446,458,464,472,480,487
    Chrome: 20, 33, 160, 284, 431, 487
    Mini: 320 Shelby Miller
    Relic: CCR-DS Drew Stubbs
    Blue Border: 284 David Wright, 468 Santana
    Red Border: 330 CC Sabathia, 400 Bryce Harper, 470 Stephen Strasburg
    BuyBacks: 84 Ron Herbel-SF Giants
    Ad Panel: Hefner-Mets/Machado-Orioles/Richards-Angels
    NAP: CG Gomez, WM Myers, XB Bogaerts, MC Cabrera
    TAN: MC, MDx2, MS, RDx2, KDx2
    MLB Draft: 1 Complete Set & 1 Extra NR Nolan Ryan
    BB Flashbacks: RC
    News Flashbacks: BC, JNx2, MA, MX, TRS, TSOMx2, VRAx2
    Base: Huge list-PM for anything specific
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Updated

Needs

SP: 433, 442, 449, 451, 453, 459, 460, 462, 470, 471, 479, 482, 488, 489, 497,

New Age Performers
    NAP-MS Max Scherzer
    NAP-PG Paul Goldschmidt
    NAP-SS Stephen Strasburg

For Trade

SP: 450, 485, 494, 495,
    Then and Now: CC, KK, GW
    New Age: MW, MW, XB, WM

Walmart Blue : 468
    Chrome: 53, 33, 454, 457, 489,
    Chrome Refractor: 435, 437, 439, 444, 445
    Club House Collection: DP, IN, JS, JW
    In Action: 150, 284
    Logo: 457
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a local Target yesterday w/6 blasters in stock and grabbed 4. Hits included: 1 Mini/100, 1 Chrome/999, 1 Chrome Refractor/565, 1 GU Jersey, & standard # of Reds/subsets/SPs. Nothing crazy, but a decent number of hits for blasters. I still haven't pulled an auto out of 6 total blasters, and need quite a few to complete even the base set. I'll get a list put together once I'm closer to completing the base.
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone pull a "throwback uni" variation? They seem tough as hell, and going for some nice coin on the 'bay. Very cool looking cards, especially the ones rocking the old Negro League teams...
  • Options
    Bought my first blaster of the year. Might be my last. Here's the results:

Base -- 65 cards (no Trout which is the only base card I care about)

Inserts -- 3 cards (Gibson FB, Bench 1st Draft, Harvey NAP)

SPs -- 3 cards (459 Kinsler, 479 Pence, 485 Holland)

Blue SP -- 170 Justin Upton

So, how did I do? Maybe I should enter this blaster into a worst blaster contest. I think I'd win. image

Since it can't get worse than this, I'll buy another one I'm sure.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Did anyone pull a "throwback uni" variation? They seem tough as hell, and going for some nice coin on the 'bay. Very cool looking cards, especially the ones rocking the old Negro League teams...

Nothing from my boxes
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought my first blaster of the year. Might be my last. Here's the results:

So, how did I do? Maybe I should enter this blaster into a worst blaster contest. I think I'd win. image

Craig from Texas >>

One of my first two WalMart blasters was like that, the second had the Miggy Bazooka Mini. You definitely should have picked up a second image The Target blasters at least had a decent hit in each.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Found some 2-pack racks at Kmart priced at 4.99 so I bought all 6.

First pack yielded Trout, Bench 1st Draft, and a Wright mini...sweet.

Next 3 packs, not so much. Still have 2 left.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

<< <i>Did anyone pull a "throwback uni" variation? They seem tough as hell, and going for some nice coin on the 'bay. Very cool looking cards, especially the ones rocking the old Negro League teams... >>

1:3,175 I think I calculated it at 35 cards per player. Technically, they should be priced below Gold Refractors, since Gold is just 5 cards per player and limited to Hobby, which also makes the odds seem better at 1:1,695. Hopefully, the prices will deflate once more get out there…although even with the Bazooka's, the auctions have still been fierce. I watched a Jeter Bazooka auction hit $51, while another at the same time was only at $36.

Anyway, extremely disappointed this didn't have a higher print run. Much prefer throwback look over the mini since mini's are the same pix as base, just smaller. ..now a mini throwback uniform card…winner all the way around for me
  • Options

<< <i>Bought my first blaster of the year. Might be my last. Here's the results:

Craig from Texas >>

Yep…move along, nothing to see here...similar to my Walmart Blaster experience this year (2013 Walmart Blasters seemed to have better pulls)…Try a couple of targets next time; mine seemed pretty good (not great)…also a chance to get the Trout Red Border.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

My Blaster strategy has been to buy at least three at a time if they are out there on the shelf, which equals a box of hobby. Usually get close to the hobby distribution, with 3 color variations (1 per blaster).

Figure two of the are going to have the minimum inserts and SPs and hope the third has the hit.

Haven't found or bought many this year as I still have unopened hobby and I am trying to find the time to put the set together.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did anyone pull a "throwback uni" variation? They seem tough as hell, and going for some nice coin on the 'bay. Very cool looking cards, especially the ones rocking the old Negro League teams... >>

1:3,175 I think I calculated it at 35 cards per player. Technically, they should be priced below Gold Refractors, since Gold is just 5 cards per player and limited to Hobby, which also makes the odds seem better at 1:1,695. Hopefully, the prices will deflate once more get out there…although even with the Bazooka's, the auctions have still been fierce. I watched a Jeter Bazooka auction hit $51, while another at the same time was only at $36.

Anyway, extremely disappointed this didn't have a higher print run. Much prefer throwback look over the mini since mini's are the same pix as base, just smaller. ..now a mini throwback uniform card…winner all the way around for me >>

I agree. Not sure why the "mini" is taking up room in the "hit space". Would much rather have a shot at the more interesting throwbacks.

Heck, I would rather buy heritage mini boxes on-line over the summer, instead of the current year version.

Really, what am I suppose to do with the one Heritage mini numbered to 100 I find ??

Box them up, sell them on-line, I would try to the build the set over the summer.

• Options
    I already posted on the other forum, but thought I'd put my needs here:

Needs:
    #383 Ryan Doumit - only card I need to complete base set
    Short Prints - I have 427, 428, 429, 430, 448, 453, 460, 461, 480. 482, 484, 494. I need all others.

Wants (Less important):
    Chrome Black - Upton, Kimbrel, Heyward, Teheran
    Real One Autos (red ink preferred): Chipper

PM if you can help. Thanks.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to trade, I'm looking for Heritage Jeter or Trout (base, SP, inserts, whatever). I have most of the SPs and base inserts available. If you don't have any Trout or Jeter, I will sell common SPs. A lot of ten for $30 delivered. PM me your want lists and/or trade offers if interested.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    My local target finally had some blasters so I bought two. I was kind of disappointed in the first boxes inserts. Here are inserts from first box:

[URL=http://s306.photobucket.com/user/alnavman/media/roberto1_zps07bdc549.png.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    second boxes inserts displayed below.......needless to say I am overjoyed with results....even thought I won't be keeping the Clemente or Jeter they were both nice pulls and more than made up for the first box....

[URL=http://s306.photobucket.com/user/alnavman/media/roberto2_zps625564bb.png.html]image[/URL]