Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2014 BBCE PSA Group Break #1....Break is now closed. TIME TO PAY!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Packs/extra boxes/extra packs arrived today.
    For now it will all stayed sealed. No stars showing on the packs as far as I can tell. Some of the wax packs, I can't tell.
    If someone is short a couple of 84 Donruss baseball wax packs or a couple of 84 Topps football wax packs, I have them. I've told Steve about it and we have agreed on me purchasing these packs. But If someone is short, please contact Steve and he can take care of it.
    Thanks Again Mark for setting this up and to bbce for the product!!
    Anyone else get their stuff yet??
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Packs/extra boxes/extra packs arrived today.
    For now it will all stayed sealed. No stars showing on the packs as far as I can tell. Some of the wax packs, I can't tell.
    If someone is short a couple of 84 Donruss baseball wax packs or a couple of 84 Topps football wax packs, I have them. I've told Steve about it and we have agreed on me purchasing these packs. But If someone is short, please contact Steve and he can take care of it.
    Thanks Again Mark for setting this up and to bbce for the product!!
    Anyone else get their stuff yet?? >>

Not yet, but I'll be leaving work on time to check. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    I got mine yesterday but I also live 30 miles from there
  • Options

<< <i>I got mine yesterday but I also live 30 miles from there >>

It wouldn't be pretty if I lived only 30 miles from BBCE. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭
    I got my bbc football box today. The 98 chrome I got Emmitt Smith and Chris Carter. The 84s weren't great with the centering but did get a nice Tony Dorsett. The 89 score box is being saved for now and 99 SI Greats got a cool Largent auto. I be willing to trade if anyone gets a Dallas Cowboy auto. Thanks to Mark and Bbc for another cool group rip. Scott
  • Options
    LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got my bbc football box today. The 98 chrome I got Emmitt Smith and Chris Carter. The 84s weren't great with the centering but did get a nice Tony Dorsett. The 89 score box is being saved for now and 99 SI Greats got a cool Largent auto. I be willing to trade if anyone gets a Dallas Cowboy auto. Thanks to Mark and Bbc for another cool group rip. Scott[/q

Would you post a scan of the Largent?

Thanks

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    RynoandBoRynoandBo Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Package arrived today, 2 packs of 88-89 Fleer, 2 packs of 78 Topps.

Pulled the Jordan base card from the 88-89 Fleer. A bit OC, probably an 8 on a good day. Still a great feeling pulling that card. Other stars included Dominique base and Stockton All-Star, neither submitable (OC).

Pulled a beautiful Bob McAdoo from the 78 Topps, has a shot at a 10. No clue if there is any value there.

Thank you for organizing the rip. I have a rack box of 1986 Topps Baseball to rip now. Thanks BBCE as well!

Mike.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Pulled a beautiful Bob McAdoo from the 78 Topps, has a shot at a 10. No clue if there is any value there.

If, in fact, it were a 10, it has average sales of $33image
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Forgot to say all paid earlier in the week.

Thanks.
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Paid and box received today. Ripped the two 84T FB packs and pulled a decent Montana PB.
    Will leave the full boxes and 82T BB sealed for now. Added 10 packs of 86T FB and might rip those tomorrow.

Thanks again for the break and setting it all up Mark!

Cheers!
    MrG
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    i opened one of the 4 1985 donruss rack packs i got...pulled a mint puckett 3 cards into the cell closest to the header...looks like a solid 9.....also pulled a nice rickey henderson!
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Let's see some pictures -- I'm +4 from BBCE, so I'm not seeing my cards until Monday. I need to live vicariously.
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Got my stuff. I'll be ripping a few packs tomorrow when the wife is away.

Thanks again!
    Corey
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Got mine. Keeping the boxes and 84FB sealed for now.

Ripped the 2 packs of SI FB greats. Got an Earl Morall and Otto Grahm. Cool cards. Sorry no scans, but they are plentiful on E-Bay.

Bob
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine today also. The only packs I opened are a couple 84 Donruss. Centering was all over the place. Very few cards were nicely centered. I did pull a Strawberry rookie that was o/c pretty bad. The 86 Donruss box completed my unopened 1981-1989 Donruss wax box run.
    James
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too bad everybody's scanner is broken. image
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    My package just arrived:

85 T baseball box (sealed and will stay sealed for a bit)
    84D packs (2) ripped -- only star power was Carlton and Eckersley
    85D racks -- no star power showing...will leave sealed
    82T packs (2) will rip tonite.

I do have a question/comment: If PSA will no longer slab packs with broken gum, and both 82 packs have broken gum, should that be known beforehand?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got double presents from BBCE today--one box with 79 vending box and one with group rip boxes, plus the 76 wax tray I won. Great start to the weekend when I get home tonight! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My package just arrived:

I do have a question/comment: If PSA will no longer slab packs with broken gum, and both 82 packs have broken gum, should that be known beforehand? >>

If the pack were completely mint, it would also be upgradable, so my take is that psa doesn't grade packs with gum. Ideally Steve would break off and authenticate or psa would just get a holder and continue with Steve. For now you could grade the cards inside the pack. : )
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

I do have a question/comment: If PSA will no longer slab packs with broken gum, and both 82 packs have broken gum, should that be known beforehand? >>

Don't bother submitting the packs if gum is loose or broken. They will not grade them. I had 23 out of 24 packs returned recently for that very reason.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

Don't bother submitting the packs if gum is loose or broken. They will not grade them. I had 23 out of 24 packs returned recently for that very reason. >>

That's my point..should I be told the gum was broke before I bought the pack?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't bother submitting the packs if gum is loose or broken. They will not grade them. I had 23 out of 24 packs returned recently for that very reason. >>

That's my point..should I be told the gum was broke before I bought the pack? >>

Steve can't possibly be expected to start feeling wax packs to see if gum is intact or not. Packs are shipped as ordered from the box. And even if gum ISN'T broken, psa won't grade the pack anyway if gum is loose and if box was properly stored through years, gum SHOULD be loose.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's my point..should I be told the gum was broke before I bought the pack? >>

Steve can't possibly be expected to start feeling wax packs to see if gum is intact or not. Packs are shipped as ordered from the box. And even if gum ISN'T broken, psa won't grade the pack anyway if gum is loose and if box was properly stored through years, gum SHOULD be loose. >>

+1
  • Options
    Had two shipping cartons from BBCE home waiting for me tonight! One with my 79 vending box and the other with my group rip boxes. I had also added to my group rip order a PSA 8 1971 OPC wax pack, this one from the scarcer high number (Nolan Ryan) series which features the red ad graphic on the corner of the wrapper instead of the more common yellow one. I'm pretty sure that Mark or cpamike put Steve up to adding a couple 85 wax packs in my order, lol...this is my first foray into the post-83 realm, and I must say the '84 Topps wax box does look rather nice!! Special thanks to Steve and the BBCE crew and to Mark for coordinating yet another great group rip!

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my shipment in the mail today. I opened my loose packs - 2 1982 Topps Baseball and 2 1984 Donruss. No star power at all. Nada. Zilch. Zero. With that being said, there were some VERY nice looking commons coming out of the 84 Donruss. I don't know if there are any low pop commons but out of two packs there were three or four that have a shot at 10s IMO. Hopefully someone hits the Donnie with that centering and sharp corners. Good luck all!

I also added to the unopened stash:

1984 Topps Baseball box
    1987 Fleer Rack Box
    1984 Donruss Baseball box

Thanks again for setting this up! Always a blast.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Ripped my 82 T -- zero star power, but each pack did contain a Mets Joel Youngblood
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had two shipping cartons from BBCE home waiting for me tonight! One with my 79 vending box and the other with my group rip boxes. I had also added to my group rip order a PSA 8 1971 OPC wax pack, this one from the scarcer high number (Nolan Ryan) series which features the red ad graphic on the corner of the wrapper instead of the more common yellow one. I'm pretty sure that Mark or cpamike put Steve up to adding a couple 85 wax packs in my order, lol...this is my first foray into the post-83 realm, and I must say the '84 Topps wax box does look rather nice!! Special thanks to Steve and the BBCE crew and to Mark for coordinating yet another great group rip!

image >>

LOL......next thing you know is you will be dabbling into the non-existent 90's un-opened.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Ripped through the packs. Keeping the 84 Topps and 86 Donruss boxes sealed. I picked up a couple of 87 Donruss boxes too, might rip one of those.

Not much for highlights to speak of. Got a nice 84 Donruss Raines and an 85 Donruss Boggs. The only card with any star power whatsoever from the 82 packs was a pretty OC Bruce Sutter.

What's the market like for 82 Topps or 84 Donruss commons in 10's? I'm sure there's a few cards that could be subbed, but at this point I really don't think it's worth it.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    No star power showing on the 85D racks, so I ripped them. Puckett was in the cell farthest away from the header. Also ripped two packs of 82T, 2 packs of 98Chrome and the 1 pack of 99 SI. Sorry about the scanner dust but I haven't used it in a while.

Here's the ones worth showing:

• Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I got back from vacation yesterday and waiting for me were my 4 packs of '85 Donruss and a few extras that I bought.
    One of the packs had a Orel Hershiser on top.

Thanks for setting this up again Mark
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's my point..should I be told the gum was broke before I bought the pack? >>

I understand your frustration and disappointment, but a big part of this hobby is the chase and the luck in getting a perfect example of anything, be it a case, box, pack, wrapper or card. As long as the item was not tampered with or misrepresented, it is just the luck of the draw. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    BTW, I'm paid up via phone.
    Added some 1991 FB Stadium Club for ripping fun.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    That's my point..should I be told the gum was broke before I bought the pack?

On a $7 pack of cards from an unopened box? You are kidding right?
    BBCE guarantees authentic and unaltered product. If you care about condition buy packs that are already graded by PSA or GAI.

Robb
  • Options
    Got my shipment today - Everything looks awesome!!!!

Question for you unopened experts - After much deliberation, I am thinking of establishing a basic unopened collection - namely a pack from the 1970's and 1980's. I have saved some wrappers from old rips, but it's the pack that I remember as a kid - the anticipation of who's inside. I know I can get some PSA graded packs off of ebay and other sources, but what if I wanted to store one of the packs I received from this rip? I see from other threads that PSA has a new policy on grading packs with loose gum (thus disqualifying my 1982 packs), and GAI is not to be dealt with. Is there another option for me to store these, i.e. can anyone recommend a holder or case I can use to put the pack in and store?

Or should I just put the pack in the microwave and then ship it out to be graded?
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options

<< <i>Or should I just put the pack in the microwave and then ship it out to be graded? >>

I definitely would NOT potentially ruin the cards in the pack by putting the pack in the microwave just to submit the pack to PSA. Just keep the pack raw and place it in a team bag with a toploader on back for storage.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group break boxes arrived last Friday, vending case boxes arrived today. Unsullied, untarnished, virginal, pure, impeccable, immaculate………..ok I'm done.

Mark & the good guys at BBCE -- thank you X 1,000.
  • Options

<< <i>Group break boxes arrived last Friday, vending case boxes arrived today. Unsullied, untarnished, virginal, pure, impeccable, immaculate………..ok I'm done.

Mark & the good guys at BBCE -- thank you X 1,000. >>

You forgot "pristine" and my auction catalogue favorite, "unimprovable."

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Group break boxes arrived last Friday, vending case boxes arrived today. Unsullied, untarnished, virginal, pure, impeccable, immaculate………..ok I'm done.

You forgot "pristine" and my auction catalogue favorite, "unimprovable." >>

What about your other favorite, "box fresh"? image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You forgot "pristine" and my auction catalogue favorite, "unimprovable." >>

What about your other favorite, "box fresh"? image >>

That can only be used with expressed written consent. image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Or should I just put the pack in the microwave and then ship it out to be graded? >>

I definitely would NOT potentially ruin the cards in the pack by putting the pack in the microwave just to submit the pack to PSA. Just keep the pack raw and place it in a team bag with a toploader on back for storage. >>

I was borrowing a quote from the PSA new policy thread a few weeks back. Thanks for the input.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    My order showed on the porch this afternoon one box of 83 topps and two 88 fleer packs. I still need a Pippen rookie to finish my 88 fleer set! Anyone hit one? Ripped my fleer packs and hit one of the big rookies here are the highlights. All of the cards were very well centered L/R and real sharp T/B centering was off. The stickers were diamond cut and off center, oh well I'll pull that GEM Mint Jordan sticker some day!!

[URL=http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/largentcollector/media/Mar1002_zps9bd7224a.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/largentcollector/media/Mar1003_zpsd3c892d4.jpg.html]image[/URL]

I'm still looking for that Pippen rookie!

Tim
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Ripped my 2 packs of 98 Chrome FB. Got a Takeo Spikes Draft Pick. But 4 card packs kinda suck. It's over before it starts. Now I know how those high school girlfriends felt.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice hits on the Rodman and Stockton! >>

Thanks, the edges look real clean these cards can have some chipping in the black these packs turned out nice.

Tim
  • Options
    My favorite so far is the 85D Puckett!
  • Options
    DDaniel83DDaniel83 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    What a fun rip! The 84' FB were some of the sharpest i've ever seen. Every single card I pulled was close to perfect centering as well as very sharp corners. The 88 Fleer was a blast to open as well---a little top and bottom off center (I think, I don't know the set) but I pulled a sweet Jordan base card. Topps chrome was a bust, I didn't realize there were only 5 cards per pack! but still a great rip! here are my highlights.....

• Options
    DDaniel83DDaniel83 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Sorry for the upside down Jordan... Not sure what happened there...
  • Options
    What a Beautiful Jordan!!!! I got a little lucky on my 88-89 Fleer Basketball packs, but unfortunately all were either OC or had the same thumbnail nic on the side that another poster talked about. Was cool pulling the Rodman/Stockton pack though. I have some vids I'll post later.

The centering on the 78-79 Topps Basket ball was way better than I thought it would be. I did get an off-centered Elvin Hayes and one of the wax cards was Moses Malone, but other than that they looked great. Here are some pics...

imageimage

The 1984 Football were centered well for the most part. One pack started off with 5-6 well centered cards and the thought popped in my head... "Wouldn't it be great to get a Marino or Elway in this pack". I got what I asked for, but it was one of the few OC cards in the pack image

And I pulled this Barry Sanders Refractor fromt eh 1998 Chrome packs

Fun rip image. I still have a box of 1986 Donruss Baseball to open tonight. Lets hope for a Canseco RC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the only card I want from the box. Thanks BBCE and Mark as always.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I received my package today and am happy with the 4 baseball boxes. I didn't know the '83 Michigan boxes are longer than the standard issue. That was fun to learn. I got the 4 Donruss racks and didn't have any big rookies showing, but certainly some guys I know on 3 of the 4 which I enjoy. Eddie Murray is on one and someone named Joe Morgan is showing on the same rack. Surely it's not the HOF second baseman because he looks so wrong in that A's uniform. There was also a Carlton Fisk rack and a Tony Pena rack. I opened the rack with guys I really don't know showing and landed 2 HOFers, Mike Schmit and a Tony Gwynn. Thanks again for another fun Group Break!

To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    That 78 Parish is a great card!