Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O/T - High School Graduating Class

The thread about going to the same high school with a future pro athlete got me thinking about my high school, specifically, the size of my graduating class. When I went to college freshman year, I remember talking to my roommates about our high schools and we got on the topic of class rank. They told me they were 6th in their class, 14th in their class, etc. When it was my turn I told them I was number 193 in my class. Well, being that my three other roommates were from Indiana, two of them didn't even have graduating classes that big. When I told them my graduating class was 1,492, they couldn't believe the size as my overall high school had almost 6,000 students.

So how big was your graduating class?
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    110 I believe it was in the graduating class. No idea where I was ranked at the end, didn't care. Got accepted into App State, Clemson, Arizona State, UNC, College of Charleston and a couple others. So I had options. All I cared about. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    700+
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    About 375... I ended up in the 150's. image
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha - 420 started freshman year, but I think only 310 or so finished on time. I don't remember where I ranked though. It surely wasn't that high, I chased girls and played sports too much in high school and didnt take it serious, until it was time for me to pay in college.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Funny topic as I recently went to my wife's 20 year reunion and mine was the year after. My class was 120, entire high skool was 500. My wife's graduating class was 600 in a school of over 2700.
    I knew the names of 90 pct of the kids in my entire school. She had people in her class she had never met in all four years.

Needless to say, I had a blast pretending I was in people's class, sat behind them, partied with them. It was fun
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The thread about going to the same high school with a future pro athlete got me thinking about my high school, specifically, the size of my graduating class. When I went to college freshman year, I remember talking to my roommates about our high schools and we got on the topic of class rank. They told me they were 6th in their class, 14th in their class, etc. When it was my turn I told them I was number 193 in my class. Well, being that my three other roommates were from Indiana, two of them didn't even have graduating classes that big. When I told them my graduating class was 1,492, they couldn't believe the size as my overall high school had almost 6,000 students.

So how big was your graduating class? >>

WOW! For starters, my towns pop is around 1900, and we are the county seat!!
    My class graduated exactly 33.... well, kinda. We all graduated, but not together. I could go into a long winded story, but I wontimage
    I dont know my class rank, back in the day, we didnt do that here. My kids have asked me that before, and I just said "I graduated" LOL

I grew up(as a youngin) south of Dallas, Tx in the burbs. If that would of been my graduating class, prolly around 250 or so, just guessing.

Awesome topic!! It has me thinkin and remembering the good ole days. Now Im thinking of the Ben Franklin store where I probably bought my
    first pack of cards! My how times have changed, and im only 37image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    My graduating class was 700+, in a school of 3000+, with another high school about a mile away (that's Brooklyn, NY, for ya)
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    When I first started teaching I was able to land a job in a remote part of Canada (there are lots of remote parts of Canadaimage); on the Quebec-Labrador border on the St. Lawrence River. I remember it took over 24 hours and five different airplanes to get into this little village. The people there were all fishermen and the economic situation was difficult. As a result, education was not a priority, especially for the males, who typically dropped-out to work on the boats.

Anyway, I arrived as an eager young teacher and marched into my first classroom, Grade 11 World History. There sat three students....all females. Mid-way through the year one of them got pregnant (there was not much else to do in this small village), so I was down to two. At least the marking load was light.

Oh, they both graduated....one was top of the class, the other bottom of the class.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    My class was 72, and that was the bigget class in the school.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    I went to a big school. But not as big as yours image

700 in my graduating class
  • Options
    We graduated 43. Largest ever to go through. Average class size is around 20.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    When I was there, the school was 2800 and seems like I remember our class being 490something. Now, the school is well over 3000 and in the highest classification in the state since they base it on the volume of students.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    18 and we all had to give a goodbye speech at the ceremony. We also thought we were going to miss the Rockets game that night, but instead we missed the OJ chase.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere near 750 range in southern California
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    120 in kansas
  • Options