Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to search for Bear's coins on Legend-Morphy?

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
I see the sale is online but I can't figure out how to search for Bear's coins. Any tips?
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    email L-M?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Follow the Jelly stains!
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the coins he purchased were posted by Coinsarefun on the internet. Try http://www.coinsarefun.com/forums/index.php?topic=1015.0
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe that the coins he purchased were posted by Coinsarefun on the internet. Try http://www.coinsarefun.com/forums/index.php?topic=1015.0 >>

Thanks for that Sonorandesertrat.

He left his own grading system for dealers. His "GOLDEN CIRCLE OF TRUSTED DEALERS"...no bean, no sticker, just a jelly stain.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe that the coins he purchased were posted by Coinsarefun on the internet. Try http://www.coinsarefun.com/forums/index.php?topic=1015.0 >>

linkified
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has everything but cert numbers. I assume that was his final collection.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Has everything but cert numbers. I assume that was his final collection. >>

Yes, that was bear's final collection. I do not think he provided me with the cert numbers and I didn't
    think to ask him for them.

I will try to see if I can find them but if anyone does find bears cert numbers please pm me so I can insert them into the thread.
    This way it will be a great reference.

• Options
    Ive got the cert for the monster ike dollar, have to grab the slab images in a sec. I remember submitting that coin at the fun show years ago
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Is all of bears coins being sold or a select few? I can't find any ??
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    See lot 67, 123, 128, 156, 164, 198, 222, 322, 340,
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly, they should have re-holdered his coins like this:

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got me there BryceM.
    I did a double take.
    That would be really cool.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You got me there BryceM.
    I did a double take.
    That would be really cool. >>

+1
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

If memory serves me correct, didn't he plan on a 10 yr or so minimum hold ?
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Golden Circle of Trust" = Rick Tomaska.

peacockcoins

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>See lot 67, 123, 128, 156, 164, 198, 222, 322, 340, >>

Thanks for posting those, I enjoyed looking at the lots. Wondering, like Andy, how to find the other 11? There must be a better way than manually searching the lots?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If memory serves me correct, didn't he plan on a 10 yr or so minimum hold ? >>

I believe you are correct. In the other thread, I think I stated that it's sad the inheritors are opting to sell so soon. >>

This is why I always advise people against leaving coins other than bullion to family after one passes on. Of course there are exceptions but all to often you see exactly what happened here. Bear put allot of time as well as allot of money into his collection, he was very excited to leave them to his family and gave strict instructions to hold the coins for a period of time after he passed. All to often though family just does not understand coins so they opt to selland get the cash. If a family member of mine left me a collection of lightbulbs and they were hypothetically valuable, guess what I would do? Yup I would sell them, people that are not into numismatics dont understand coins and they make about as much since to them as a collection of expensive light bulbs would too me. If you want to leave family members coins with numismatic value about the only way to assure they wont be sold for cash shortly after is to open a trust and place the coins in the trust.
  • Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other 11 are not in this auction.
    Maybe already sold?
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Bear had a great eye. image
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly, they should have re-holdered his coins like this

I like that! If I buy one, I'll get some stickers made up and have L-M send to the 10 other buyers!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Wasn't his family suppose to wait 10 years to sell his coins?
  • Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10-15 years, I think.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file