Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mine is bigger than yours ... :-)

astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up this HUGE sample slab from ANACS ... dang!

Looks kinda normal ...
imageimage

Now with a normal slab sitting on top ...

I was told there were about a dozen or so of these produced. I have no idea if that is true or just hype.

Anyone else seen these?
Numismatist Ordinaire
See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the size of the slab that matters..........................image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidently slabs come in two sizes.
    Regular and OMG.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - that had to be a special edition - any idea who got them?? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image That's BIG!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know if you mean sample slabs or just the big slabs in general. the sample's i have no idea but don't recall seeing any. in general seeing big slabs, they're everywhere! the ones i see the most are ngc.

<< <i>Evidently slabs come in two sizes.
    Regular and OMG. >>

i think it may be been willis i watched in a video presentation for a slab that equates to about 3 of those large slabs side-by-side. can't recall just now what they were for but my mind was blown.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

<< <i>Wow - that had to be a special edition - any idea who got them?? image >>

No idea.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm saving my money for the 16 oz. Texas Eagle........
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Had a few in PCGS slabs. Those things are bizarre. Especially the huge Washington design.
  • Options

<< <i>Had a few in PCGS slabs. Those things are bizarre. Especially the huge Washington design. >>

Yeah, the big slabs are everywhere, but I had not seen a sample slab with a 5 oz before.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm saving my money for the 16 oz. Texas Eagle........ >>

And it's free if you can spend it in 30 minutes or less.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would need a separate safe should they collect these in any serious manner.... SDB's would fill up fast. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I don't think this is too likely to be slabbed anytime soon:

Mine is much much much bigger than yours. I have a type set of these, the 1, 2, and 4 Daler denominations. They do seriously take up a lot of space and make the SDB they are in weigh a tonne.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file