Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN Show connections

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
I realize there was a thread entitled something like "40 Days to the FUN Show, who will be going?"

It's hard to believe the show is next week!
I know I am still something of a "newbie" on this forum. i do not want to upset anyone.
However, I would like to meet and make connections with like minded collectors who will be at the show. It is always fun to talk coins. (Thanks for the phrase, Bill Shamhart.)

I am a member of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club and will be attending that meeting on Friday morning. In addition to Seated coins, I love CC Morgans, Civil War dates and British coins.
Would anybody out there with similiar interests like to meet for breakfast, dinner, drinks, at an auction, connect inside the show, etc.? I will be there for the Early Bird opening on Wednesday.

Please reply or PM me if interested. Perhaps we can swap names and numbers in order to arrange a meeting.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• Options
    While I am a error / variety person, I would be happy to meet you. I am in charge of Public Registration and will be there for the whole show and for all hours.

BJ Neff
    Member; ANA, CONECA, CFCC, Fly-in-Club, FUN, NLG.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy to meet you! I will be at table 445! in the budget section! image
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there Thursday and Friday and very busy every second that I will be there. I generally write my forum name on my name tag at shows, in addition to my super secret given name. If you see me, I would be happy to chat for a few minutes.

Thursday I will be going to Lot Viewing then tackling the show searching for Mercury Dime Varieties with my daughter and then racing home to pick up my son by 6PM.
    Friday I will be going to the PCGS luncheon with my son and then doing a little more searching and racing home to pick up my daughter by 6PM.

At least that's the plan. If anyone is uber eager to meet me, just send me a PM, either before hand or even during the show days as I typically check messages here as often as I can. image
    I do have a list of folks I already plan to connect with, as do most others...lots to accomplish and never enough time.
    The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread begs a question from me! Years ago there was a bunch of folks from the ebay coin chat board that would meet up at FUN for dinner and have a good time together! Made alot of friends from there. Do any members here ever do that?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to meet forum members at coin shows in Seattle when I lived there.... It makes the shows more interesting and I made some great friends...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be at table 209 stop by and say hi
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Too shy to meet forum members in person. image
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread begs a question from me! Years ago there was a bunch of folks from the ebay coin chat board that would meet up at FUN for dinner and have a good time together! Made alot of friends from there. Do any members here ever do that? >>

I remember an epic forum member dinner at a show in Baltimore some years back - probably 50 members were there. And one in Pittsburgh where Frank the Pug humped my leg (you board old-timers will understand) - a couple dozen or more came to that dinner. So it does happen.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember an epic forum member dinner at a show in Baltimore some years back - probably 50 members were there. And one in Pittsburgh where Frank the Pug humped my leg (you board old-timers will understand) - a couple dozen or more came to that dinner. So it does happen. >>

Not many responses yet, but I keep hoping.
    Sans Frank the Pug.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will have a bunch of CC GSA Morgans at 1137, including a couple 66's and a 66+.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going on Thursday and will write my forum moniker on my name tag. Always glad to meet fellow forumites even if briefly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file