Home Precious Metals

I hope the price of silver plummets......

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
....since I'm going to the Baltimore coin show and I want to buy some cheap silver.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with both and enjoy the show....Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope ya find what your looking for.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was joking of course but if I was just getting started it would make sense for me to want it to drop in price.

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see silver hit $15-18....for a few days. I'm ready and waiting for a big drop to buy!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd love to see silver hit $15-18....for a few days. I'm ready and waiting for a big drop to buy! >>

Ditto! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    You may get your wish!
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "You may get your wish!"

You have used one wish, you have two remaining.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can do what it does. It makes me so tired I'm almost retired.

<< <i>image

JC >>

Would you believe that I've never tried Mountain Dew? I liked the avatar because it's colorful and I figured no one else would use it.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! Too Funny

I'm one step away from The Diet Mountain Dew Rehab Center

I know soda isn't the best thing to drink, but I'm hooked.

But lets get down to business here Perry...... Use those other wishes on Sunday around 6:00pm eastern so that we can get some AG below $20!

Actually, on second thought, use just one on Sunday to go down and save one for Wednesday (should be enough time for everyone) to send it flying back up. I'm not going to be greedy lets say $35
    Don't worry. I'll buy some silver on Saturday and it's bound to drop in value on Monday. At least it always seems that way.image

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

6 yr bump.

Be careful what you wish for.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 6:51PM

@PerryHall said:
    Don't worry. I'll buy some silver on Saturday and it's bound to drop in value on Monday. At least it always seems that way.(Image)

Me too, but I am almost in buy mode now. Edit, dang spell check.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the price of silver plummets......

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up and down.... now dipping because the trade deal looks close to completion....it will go down a tad more...than something else will happen...and go up again...Cheers, RickO

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for it to fall below $10 which I expect to happen since I don't believe its bear market from 2011 is over. My recollection is the low was $8.39 (spot or futures can't remember) on October 8, 2008 or thereabouts.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it drops soon or after the first of the year

• jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

@WCC said:
    I'm waiting for it to fall below $10 which I expect to happen since I don't believe its bear market from 2011 is over. My recollection is the low was $8.39 (spot or futures can't remember) on October 8, 2008 or thereabouts.

What will see first? 10 or 20?

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jrt103 said:

@WCC said:

What will see first? 10 or 20?

Logically $20 since it is closer and I think there is noticeable price support long before it reaches $10. I'm in no rush to buy though, since I almost totally missed out on the prior run up.

This time I will pay far more attention. I expect (and hope) that it will drag out a long time to better position myself but also believe that when silver hits it's next long term bottom and rises noticeably, it will be the last time in my lifetime to buy it cheaply. As a point of reference, I am 54.