Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

First Sub - DELIVERED

Hoping to get the rest of my deliveries this weekend and be ready to send off my free subs. Then for the wait...
The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases

Comments

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i like to give the postal delivery guy a healthy pat-on-the-back each time he swings by to pick up a package from me.

then i found out the other day he was on sick leave because he has a severely bruised rib cage. image
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I am boxing this up, should go out Monday. Although I'm probably going to have to take it with me on the plane and ship from out of town since I was busy with other things today. Will give you an update once the box is officially in the mail.
    Do I select "regular" as the type of sub for a club/renewal? Any other tips for making sure I get this done right the fist time?
  • I just sent in my renewal sub and it was received and logged same day no problems. Looking at my sub sheet I wrote "Membership Renewal Collector's Club" at the very top of the sheet. On the bottom of the sheet choose "Other" and write "Membership renewal" beside it. Grading fee calculation put $0 than put same for total. Then make sure you write "7 days" on the outside of the box.
    It's official - in the mail. Should be arriving at PSA on Tuesday. Will update as the shipment is logged.
  • Good Luck with your first sub. Is this just the beginning?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dytch ... good luck. Let us know when the results are in.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    image curious to see results
    Thanks guys. I'm really excited! image detroitlion: I'll see how my grades turn out. I do have some of those police/fire Bo oversized cards which I'd like to get graded. Also, considering grading the heads up test just because there aren't any in POP right now.
    Scheduled Delivery Day:
    August 7, 2013
    Delivered
    August 7, 2013, 10:24 am
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

YES!! PSA has my subs. Not logged on the website yet. How long are we talking for the order to be logged typically?
  • If you wrote 7 days on the outside of the box it should be fairly quick. They received and logged mine last Friday and the grades popped today.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    OK? And the answer is?

• << <i>OK? And the answer is? >>

"Name 3 people that have never been in my kitchen"
    I wrote 7 days in black sharpie on every side of the box, large letters. Twice on some sides, lol.

<< <i>

<< <i>OK? And the answer is? >>

"Name 3 people that have never been in my kitchen" >>

Well, I'be never been in your kitchen. Not to my knowledge anyway...
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    You know what? I misread the post above mine thinking it was dytch2220's stating that his grades popped and it was someone else's post. My apologies and good luck with your results. Doug
    Nice. I've watched a ton of Cheers but haven't seen that one for some reason. Or I forgot about it...

Incidentally, I clicked this video right afterwards as a recommendation. Hilarious!
    WOOHOO! She's on the books baby!!

Total Items: 15
    Date Received: 8/8/2013
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

I love your enthusiasm! Good luck!
    Thanks Dpeck100. And thanks for the video on how to bust out a BGS, one of my subs is a 9.5 w/ all 9.5's.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad the strategy worked for you. There has been a big misconception that those slabs were tough to break.

Obviously they are not.

I have found that you have a much greater chance of getting a cross over in or out of the slab with a 9.5 or higher corner rating. Good luck on your card.

OK, the wait is officially killing me now... LOL.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, the wait is officially killing me now... LOL. >>

Lol. Join the crowd.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
    Contacted PSA today. CC subs are running 7-10 days on average. So, most likely will be next week before I get the POP.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Still waiting on my CC submission. Good luck with yours.

Date Received: 7/29/2013
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.

As of today.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

<< <i>Still waiting on my CC submission. Good luck with yours.

Date Received: 7/29/2013
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.

As of today. >>

:sadface:
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on my CC as well....it logged on the 1st of the month with 15 oddball cards. I had a bulk order go in after and is on the way before my CC pops. I guess you never know sometimes.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭
    Can you post the link to the BVG crackout how to? Thanks!!

<< <i>Can you post the link to the BVG crackout how to? Thanks!! >>

BOOM! BVG Crackout - Dpeck100
    On 8 business days after log. I'm expecting maybe Thursday/Friday based on other forum members' POP times...
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    OK, the wait is officially killing me now... LOL.

Oooooh ooooh that smell...cantcha smell that smell?
    Just like heroin.
    I called customer service just now for an update on my order. They told me that my order went to grading yesterday. No promises made, however, could be as soon as today. Monday estimated to be the latest.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can sometimes speed up the process if you click on the sub status 100 times per day. If you get the hesitation before seeing "your order is still being processed", take that as a sign that you need to click more often. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>It can sometimes speed up the process if you click on the sub status 100 times per day. If you get the hesitation before seeing "your order is still being processed", take that as a sign that you need to click more often. image >>

LOL. Thanks for the tip. image
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the replacement postman came by yesterday wearing combat gear! image
    Bummer on the delay. Hope they pop soon!
    My grades are not published on the website yet, however, I was able to get them from customer service. Looks like I've got some learning to do on grading.

Here's the tally:
    6 - PSA 10
    4 - PSA 9
    3 - PSA 8
    1 - PSA 7
    1 - N9

I'm most disappointed in the PSA7 as it was my '88 Raiders Ace Fact Bo Jackson. I truly believe that would be an 8 or 9. Good thing I have another set. The N9 was a 2006 Top Picks Clayton Kershaw. So, that settles that question - they can't be graded by PSA. Will give the full readout when it's published.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pop -- looking forward to the specifics.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My grades are not published on the website yet, however, I was able to get them from customer service. Looks like I've got some learning to do on grading.

Here's the tally:
    6 - PSA 10
    4 - PSA 9
    3 - PSA 8
    1 - PSA 7
    1 - N9

I'm most disappointed in the PSA7 as it was my '88 Raiders Ace Fact Bo Jackson. I truly believe that would be an 8 or 9. Good thing I have another set. The N9 was a 2006 Top Picks Clayton Kershaw. So, that settles that question - they can't be graded by PSA. Will give the full readout when it's published. >>

It's all about context - if these were new chrome cards, that's not great. '80's topps or earlier? - I would be happy.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
    Here they are:

GEM MINT 10 2005 UPPER DECK USA BASEBALL JUNIOR NATIONAL TEAM USA86 CLAYTON KERSHAW This is the card I cracked out and crossed over using the Dpeck100 method.
    N9: NOT GRADED NO GRADE, NO CHARGE 2006 Top Picks Clayton Kershaw. Bummer, these are cool cards.
    GEM MINT 10 2008 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER 72 CLAYTON KERSHAW
    GEM MINT 10 2013 TOPPS 22 CLAYTON KERSHAW SILVER SLATE BLUE SPARKLE
    MINT 9 2010 TOPPS CHROME 3 CLAYTON KERSHAW REFRACTOR I'm not sure why I sent these, saw some minor surface imperfections - still did it. I own this grade.
    MINT 9 2010 TOPPS CHROME 3 CLAYTON KERSHAW ORANGE REFRACTOR I'm not sure why I sent these, saw some minor surface imperfections - still did it. I own this grade.
    GEM MINT 10 2013 TOPPS MUSEUM COLLECTION 71 CLAYTON KERSHAW GREEN Numbered, to 99 I think.
    GEM MINT 10 2013 TOPPS HERITAGE CHROME HC25 CLAYTON KERSHAW PURPLE REFRACTOR Will be a POP1. Have another one of these in the same condition raw.
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2011 TOPPS 60 T60-87 CLAYTON KERSHAW No idea on this one, will have to look.
    MINT 9 2011 TOPPS DIAMOND STARS DS-16 FELIX HERNANDEZ This card looked perfect to me. Will have to review.
    NEAR MINT 7 1988 ACE FACT PACK LOS ANGELES RAIDERS BO JACKSON Disappointing and mildly depressing. I thought I was an 8 for sure, maybe a 9. On the bright side I have two so I'll be sending the other in next with some of my oddball items.
    MINT 9 1990 SCORE 280 BO JACKSON Doesn't look like they'll list this as the error version it is. Should be 280A "Watham" Error and I did list it that way on the form. It is also listed that way in the standard catalog. So, not sure what's up with that...
    GEM MINT 10 1995 COLLECTOR'S CHOICE 95 BO JACKSON GOLD SIGNATURE Woohoo! 3 weight in the set, POP1. image Have another one, think it would grade a 9.
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 JUMBO SUNFLOWER SEEDS 4 BO JACKSON No idea, looked good to me. Straight out of the package.
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 FINEST 91 BO JACKSON Also no idea here, looked darn good to me. Will have to look & learn.

Like I mentioned before, I need to review these and learn from my mistakes. Some of them I will look to purchase in a 10 so I can compare if possible. Glad the wait is over, can't wait to start the next waiting period. The next one is going to be awesome - all of my oddball Bo Jackson police/fire/etc... cards.
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Some nice grades there. Congrats. Post a scan of that 95 Bo Gold Sig when you get it.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
    Good stuff... Congrats
  • Nice grades. Love the Bo gold sig card.
    Yippee!!

Date Shipped: 9/11/2013

Took a while because they were re-labeling my 280 Watham Error...
    Got tracking!

Scheduled Delivery Day:
    September 16, 2013
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing your scans.

You did a lot better than I did on my first sub. 3 1971 Topps baseball commons came back as recolored! Learned a hard lesson that day!
    It's heeeeeere!
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>It's heeeeeere! >>

Bo knows scans