Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has Anyone Opened 2013 Topps Mini Baseball?

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Yep - I just tried to do a dummy order. The code is no longer valid and there is no radio button for free shipping on an order over $100.
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Glad I got my order for 8 boxes in. Was going to go for a case and just hold onto it, but the auto redemption made me change my mind
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I got mine in and the coupon code worked. Maybe mine didn't get canceled cause I also bought a box of gypsy queen.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went back and was going to suck it up and get 2 boxes without the 20% discount. Now the free shipping choice is gone and they want $8.73 (I think).

I may just rip one of the 212 boxes I have at home to satisfy the rip devil.
    Daniel
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    If anyone gets any Colby Lewis parallels (#248) would love to try and buy or trade for them. I have a case coming to split with a buddy. Ordered early on the morning on the 9th and was able to get 20% off on our case. Feel lucky after scrolling through the thread.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    It looks like everything processed for me on my case. I'm hoping for a tracking number now.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Me too.
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Has anyone received and email or notification that their item has shipped yet?
  • Options
    I have not, but they did charge me on monday for the order.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not, but they did charge me on monday for the order. >>

Same here,

Joe
  • Options
    Now that I looked, I was also charged.
  • Options
    Also, just received email saying my order has now been shipped. Now all I have to do is keep refreshing the tracking page. image
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>Also, just received email saying my order has now been shipped. Now all I have to do is keep refreshing the tracking page. image >>

Haha. Same here.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    I finally got my confirmation -- only took 5 days after I ordered.

I'm giving them a '1' on shipping and handling.
  • Options
    I received mine today 1 day shipping 3 boxes.

I will rip into them tonight.

Good luck to all who get them this weekend.

Joe
  • Options
    Placed my order on August 9th and received the boxes today. Good luck to those ripping. I'll be tearing into them tonight. image

Paul
  • Options
    I got my tracking number for my case, best of luck to you all ripping tonight!
  • Options
    I opened my three boxes, no autos no black and no Platinum.

Relics
    Matt Holliday
    Danny Espinosa
    Adam Wainwright

Printing plate 1/1 of Eric Kratz

10 gold /62 including Machado and Harvey,
    Juan Francisco
    Elliot Johnson
    David Wright
    Clay Bucholtz
    Paul Maholm
    Brandon Moss
    Clayton Richard
    Joaquin Benoit

4 Pink /25
    Josh Johnson
    Travis Snyder
    Nick Swisher
    Andrelton Simmons

Collation looks pretty bad like last year.
    From 600 -661 I have 24 extras and missing 12 #'s

Just like last year I cannot pull a Harper. 2 cards in set #1 base and # 369 ROY
    I got neither in my 3 boxes.

I will finish sorting this weekend and will probably still need 40-50 cards to make a set
    with 80-100 extras.

Good luck with your boxes.

The Machado gold /62 RC will make the trip to Long Beach.

Whole lotta of fun,

Joe
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Got mine today. Here's what I got out of three boxes so far:

Relics
    Matt Cain
    Danny Espinosa
    Jay Bruce

Madison Bumgarner Magenta Printing Plate 1/1

5 Pink /25
    Adam Eaton
    Joe Mauer
    Wade Davis
    Kris Medlen
    Mike Fiers

10 Gold /62
    Gaby Sanchez
    Avisail Garcia
    Joe Nathan
    Brandon Phillips
    J.D. Martinez
    Leonys Martin
    Steven Lerud
    Blake Beavan
    Lance Berkman
    Steve Cishek

Nothing major. I am going to open one more box, then sell off the rest of the case. I am sure I will need to trade to complete the set so I will post my needs/haves when I am finished going through my cards.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    Just opened my two boxes with my son. The highlights were really these two cards:

Mariano Rivera Black 3/5
    Kevin Correia Black 5/5

Paul
  • Options
    My one-box review will be posted in my Sports Collectors Daily column -- IIRC the biggest hit in terms of PG Value will be a Harper #d to 62 and my "Hit" was a Jayson Werth relic. At the $50 level or so not a bad buy for the number of cards you receive
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Joe - Chris Olds of Beckett is a fairly obsessive Swisher collector. If you're selling it, contact him and see what he'll offer for it.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    SO a Machado/62, a Mariano of /5,a Harper of /62, a Mauer or /25......seems like a great break. I tried to order a few more on the site but they are out of stock.
  • Options

<< <i>Joe - Chris Olds of Beckett is a fairly obsessive Swisher collector. If you're selling it, contact him and see what he'll offer for it.

Nick >>

Thanks, I sent him an email.

Joe
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SO a Machado/62, a Mariano of /5,a Harper of /62, a Mauer or /25......seems like a great break. I tried to order a few more on the site but they are out of stock. >>

I just went there and they were showing in stock.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just opened up my one box. Got some good hits. Overall pretty happy with the minis. Not too happy with the Gypsy Queen box I got, but oh well.

Relic
    Andrelton Simmons Jersey

Pink /25
    Mike Trout (Havnt seen oner for sale, Idea of value?)
    Henry Rodriguez

Gold /62
    Jordy Mercer
    Randy Choate
    NL ERA Leaders Kershaw/Dickey/Cueto

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Yeah, from some reason it wouldn't add to my cart but they show in stock now.

The pink Trout, I'll give you $40 for it. I'm going for the rainbow Trout. Haha
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainbow Trout....I see what you did there!!! imageimage
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Anyone working on a set?
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone working on a set? >>

I plan to once my boxes come in later this week
  • Options
    So last year they were limited to 1000 boxes. It does not seem these are the same limitations. Can anyone verify this?
  • Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Pretty sure it was more like 8400 boxes last year. Someone had done the math in a thread last year. Found it. NASCAR360 on August 5th posted and came up with about 8000. I think there may be more computations in this thread but I did not go all the way through. I do remember when they finally started listing how many boxes were remaining it was over 1000 but that was several days into their availability.

2012 link
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    There are more this year and while I haven't compared odds, there is a new parallel set that wasn't there last year - Pink Border #ed to 25. I opened 1/2 a case (12 boxes). I'll be shocked if I have 2 full sets and a Rangers team set. I don't have a full set of the Chasing History inserts, about 8-10 short if I remember right, and plenty of dupes.

Throwing all the inserts on eBay tonight. Best card was probably a Pink border Jurickson Profar and only 1 auto Hanley Ramirez. My buddy probably got all the good stuff in his half...

Again if anyone pulls any parallels of #248 Colby Lewis of the Rangers I will pay/trade for them.

Matt
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Last year you got about 5 Gold cards a box and this year you get about 4 Gold cards a box. That's what I used to come up with the numbers.

LAST YEARS 2012 MINI Numbers
    *********** UPDATED 8/7/12 for inserts per box *******************
    61 of each card gold x 661 total cards = 40,321 Gold cards.
    40,321 Gold cards divided by 5 per box = 8064.2 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 5 Gold's - 6 Moments and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 8064 boxes times 226 cards per box = 1,822,464 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 661 (cards in the set) and you have between 2793 and 2757 total base card sets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 MINI Numbers Best Guess (2 Box Sample) ***** 8/9/13
    62 of each card gold x 660 total cards = 40,920 Gold cards.
    40,920 Gold cards divided by 4 per box = 10,230 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 3 Gold's -1 Pink - 1 Print Plate - 6 Chase History and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 10230 boxes times 226 cards per box = 2,311,980 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 660 (cards in the set) and you have around 3503 total base card sets.
  • Options

<< <i>Last year you got about 5 Gold cards a box and this year you get about 4 Gold cards a box. That's what I used to come up with the numbers.

LAST YEARS 2012 MINI Numbers
    *********** UPDATED 8/7/12 for inserts per box *******************
    61 of each card gold x 661 total cards = 40,321 Gold cards.
    40,321 Gold cards divided by 5 per box = 8064.2 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 5 Gold's - 6 Moments and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 8064 boxes times 226 cards per box = 1,822,464 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 661 (cards in the set) and you have between 2793 and 2757 total base card sets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 MINI Numbers Best Guess (2 Box Sample) ***** 8/9/13
    62 of each card gold x 660 total cards = 40,920 Gold cards.
    40,920 Gold cards divided by 4 per box = 10,230 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 3 Gold's -1 Pink - 1 Print Plate - 6 Chase History and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 10230 boxes times 226 cards per box = 2,311,980 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 660 (cards in the set) and you have around 3503 total base card sets. >>

So according to these stats, there are more, but not by much. Given that you can still get 2012 at about $75 a box at the release of $50 a box, and it was a better year, this years cards do not seem as much of an investment. I imagine Topps will do the Turkey Reds again as those are extremely expensive, comparatively. If they keep the same limitations, I imagine they will sell out faster.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I got my two boxes this afternoon. Due to a little fire incident almost a month ago, I can't scan anything right now, but these are the hits:

Box 1
    1/1 cyan printing plate of Brian Dozier, Twins pitcher
    1/1 platinum parallel of Joe Kelly, Cardinals pitcher
    /25 pink parallels of Franklin Gutierrez and S.F. Giants NLDS game 5
    /62 gold parallels of Sergio Romo, John Mayberry and J.D. Martinez
    GU jersey card of Daniel Descalso

Box 2
    Johnny Podres auto
    /25 pink parallels of Evan Longoria and Wade LeBlanc
    /62 gold parallels of Alex Rodriguez, A.J. Burnett and Justin Turner.

I'll need to figure which Dodgers I'm missing and swing a trade for those.

edit - need these:
    228 Adrian Gonzalez
    295 Brandon League
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Just checking, weren't the 2012 mini boxes limited to a certain production run and sold out?

I may be confusing them with another "on-line only" distribution.

It seems this year Topps is not limiting it's opportunity to make a buck.
  • Options
    These are limited as well but in my opinion it falls short of last years issue because it is out when A&G is out and no base card for Yasiel Puig in the Mini set.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These are limited as well but in my opinion it falls short of last years issue because it is out when A&G is out and no base card for Yasiel Puig in the Mini set. >>

OK and I just went back and read this was addressed above. It looks like it was based on insert calculations, I was thinking it was limited based on Topps' disclosure on the website. I think that was just the High Number Heritage only last year.

• Options
    Got all my inserts, sorted, scanned, and put up on the bay....

Best cards were a Pink Border of Profar and an Autograph of Han Ram. A few parallels of some semi stars like Konerko, Howard, Beltre, etc. I'll sort my base this weekend and see what I need and have dupes of. We're figuring somewhere around 215-220 base cards per box? Thats almost enough cards for 4 full sets (its not collated that well). I think I'd like to end up with 3 and a Rangers team set. I'll post this weekend.

Longshot I know but if you pull #248 Colby Lewis in any parallel form. I'm your guy. image
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    I remember last year someone stating that the autos were made in the same quantity with no sp. Anyone know if that's true for this years mini?
  • Options
    4 boxes busted. 4 relics, 1 black, 0 plat, 5 pinks and 2 plates. now I need to collate and see if I'm going to open any more boxes.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Busted my five boxes today. First four were awful, got a nice hit in the fifth. Honestly had a lot more fun with last years minis. Here are the hits, feel free to PM with interest in any of them:

Auto: Tyler Colvin
    Relic: Votto, Bruce, Lester, Fred McGriff
    Printing Plate: Johnny Giavotella

Black: Albert Pujols #1/5 :-)

Pink:
    Felix Hernandez
    Chad Billingsley
    Rafael Furcal
    Carlos Ruiz
    Ian Stewart
    Brendan Ryan
    Jordan Danks
    Kyle Seager

Gold:
    Jason Heyward
    Alfonso Soriano
    Didi Gregorius
    Posey/McCutchen/Braun
    Jordan Zimmerman
    Dan Haren
    Wade LeBlanc
    Mark Ellis
    Mark Buehrle
    Justin Maxwell
    Miguel Montero
    Jayson Werth
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    Heath Bell
    Juan Pierre
    Lorenzo Cain
    Steve Lombardozzi
    Philip Humber
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I beat the odds on topps mini last year pulling a Stan Musial auto and Votto black /5. This year the odds are beating me,

From 6 boxes I got 6 relics
    Marlon Byrd
    Jay Bruce x2
    Matt Kemp
    ian Desmond (wood)
    Jordan Lyles

Plates
    Dayan Viciedo
    Patrick Corbin

Black
    Paul Konerko 1/5

7 pinks /25
    only person I've heard of is Nick Swisher

19 golds
    no one noteworthy
    Coco Crisp for my collection
    Pablo Sandoval World Series card.

The 1 black and 2 plates were pulled from the first 2 boxes. 2 more boxes are unopened, but 1 is spoken for. That one will probably be the good box. At least I got them using the 20% off coupon. Now I'm debating busting the last box. Think I"ll collate what I opened so far and see how far along I am on the base set.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Last year i pulled a harper /63 AND and harper 1/5 from the same box. i never opened my last four boxes, just stopped there.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    mods delete this if it belongs in bst. I know last year we had the mini trade/wantlist in the main forum so I thought I'd ask over here.

Edit: Thanks for the help. Hopefully all my set needs are incoming

• Options
    Opened up 3 boxes and got 484 / 661 cards for the base set.

Auto
    MA-CRA Colby Rasmus - Padres
    MA-TR Tyson Ross - Blue Jays

Relic
    MR-ML Mike Leake - Reds

Pink */25
    117 Aubrey Huff - Giants
    176 Robert Andino - Orioles
    239 Ramon Santiago - Tigers
    604 Rafael Betancourt - Rockies

Gold */62
    14 Paul Konerko - White Sox
    201 Jonny Venters - Braves
    204 Alex Gordon - Royals
    272 NL RBI Leaders Headley, Braun, Soriano
    273 Dexter Fowler - Rockies
    288 Starling Marte - Pirates
    296 Didi Gregorius - Reds
    427 Chris Nelson - Rockies
    431 Blake Beavan - Mariners
    503 Clay Buchholz - Red Sox
  • Options
    I have to say, I dont know of any better break than Topps Mini's. The amount of Gold/62 is nuts. I opened two cases of Jumbos in FB and BB and only pulled 1/62 per case.........in 2013 you have the pinks/25 now.....I may pick up another case.
  • Options
    Trying to complete my set.
  • Options
    Trying to complete my set.

Set Needs:
    1 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 26 27 30 33 35 43 46 59 62 64 67 76 85 86 91 96 97 99

100 101 103 112 115 118 119 122 125 131 132 139 149 151 152 159 160 161 163 169 177 180 190 196 197

205 207 209 212 214 223 224 225 229 233 238 240 244 245 246 248 249 254 257 260 261 264 265 268 269 271 273 280 282 283 284 287 292 296

300 301 313 318 319 322 324 329 331 332 334 336 341 346 349 355 361 362 376 384 387 391 393 395 396 397

401 404 410 411 415 419 420 422 426 433 434 437 440 441 443 444 445 446 449 451 452 453 459 460 461 465 467 468 469 470 471 473 475 483 485 486 487 488

492 494 497

502 507 508 509 515 517 523 530 534 536 538 540 541 547 550 555 558 561 562 563 570 573 575 584 591 593 597

602 603 607 614 624 625 626 632 634 641 643 646 653 655 658

I have a few hundred extra's so let me know what you need as well!