Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has Anyone Opened 2013 Topps Mini Baseball?

I wanted to pick up a box of these, and when i went to the Topps website, it says that they are currently out of stock of them. Has anyone here opened any of these up? How are they? Any big hits come from them?

LINK
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I read that they will be selling from Topps.com on Wednesday (8/7).
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I opened one box. Mine had a gu and a printing plate. Also had a few low numbered cards.

Nice overall.

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I agree with Shawn. I bought a box at the National. Pulled some nice stuff but I doubt I will go for the entire set. At $50 a box I think its a cheap rip.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I read that they will be selling from Topps.com on Wednesday (8/7). >>

Yep another quick 1,000,000 cards printed and available soon...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Website now showing August 9th release date
  • Options
    Just an FYI, sign up for the Topps newsletter and get a 20% off your first Topps order. Mini boxes drop from 52.99 to 42.40 a box!
  • Options
    Also it looks like Topps added another level of parallels (Pink #25) to go with last years Gold and Silver so if I had to guess this year’s total run will be higher than last years. I will see if I can track down last year’s numbers.

LAST YEARS 2012 MINI Numbers
    *********** UPDATED 8/7/12 for inserts per box *******************
    61 of each card gold x 661 total cards = 40,321 Gold cards.
    40,321 Gold cards divided by 5 per box = 8064.2 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 5 Gold's - 6 Moments and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 8064 boxes times 226 cards per box = 1,822,464 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 661 (cards in the set) and you have between 2793 and 2757 total base card sets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 MINI Numbers Best Guess (2 Box Sample) ***** 8/9/13
    62 of each card gold x 660 total cards = 40,920 Gold cards.
    40,920 Gold cards divided by 4 per box = 10,230 total online Mini boxes.
    You get 240 cards per box - 3 Gold's -1 Pink - 1 Print Plate - 6 Chase History and - 3 lost if you get a relic = 226 cards per relic box (229 for auto box(?))
    If you take the 10230 boxes times 226 cards per box = 2,311,980 total base cards.

Assume all are base cards and divide by 660 (cards in the set) and you have around 3503 total base card sets.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Just bought 4 boxes.
    Normally would cost $211.96, but w/ 20% it only cost $169.57, saved $42.39.... image

I guess I didn't realize the run numbers from last year were that low.
    I'm still looking to complete my set from last year. I'm short about 200 cards. Anyone looking to trade?
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is a 20% off coupon code: LY7HJ9K >>

Wish I had this info 90 minutes ago. Anyone know if there is a way to cancel a topps.com order online? The customer service line dumped me to VM.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is a 20% off coupon code: LY7HJ9K >>

Thanks for the heads-up

I was trying not to buy any this year but with 20% I bought 3 boxes.

It is a fun cheap rip. $127

Joe
  • Options
    With the 20% it's a no brainer. Hopefully we can trade to complete some sets like last year.

You did so will last year with the Mini’s Joe!
  • Options
    What do you all think of the checklist? With no Puig base, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger(It's in my cart and ready to be bought). Although it has Manny Machado and Jose Fernandez, I'm unsure of the rest of the rookie checklist. I look at the 2012 boxes and they are currently running at $70-$85 a box. Even at $60-$75, I'm still making money.
  • Options
    I thought Puig was #661 but I checked the checklist and you are correct no Puig base card. Looks like Topps wanted to generate buzz for Allen & Ginter so his first base card will be in there. I don't do Baseball and especially Topps baseball but I have a weakness for Mini's (See 1987 Topps Football UK Mini's). I also have the 2013 Topps Mini set checklist in Excel form if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM.
  • Options

<< <i>With the 20% it's a no brainer. Hopefully we can trade to complete some sets like last year.

You did so will last year with the Mini’s Joe! >>

I will be up to trade to complete a set,

Hope the collation is better this year.

Joe
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Anyone know the odds of pulling an auto? I thought it was 1 in 4 boxes last year.
  • Options

<< <i>What do you all think of the checklist? With no Puig base, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger(It's in my cart and ready to be bought). Although it has Manny Machado and Jose Fernandez, I'm unsure of the rest of the rookie checklist. I look at the 2012 boxes and they are currently running at $70-$85 a box. Even at $60-$75, I'm still making money. >>

10 boxes with the discount is $430 flip for $60 or more a box is a nice profit.

If I did that I would probably open them.

Can only use discount once I think.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone know the odds of pulling an auto? I thought it was 1 in 4 boxes last year. >>

I believe it is 1 in 7

1/147 auto
    1/29 relic

7 boxes X 24 packs 168

Autos are tough 30-40 of each only

Joe
    edited to add:
    I guess that would make it 1/6 packs auto 6 x 24 = 144
    Using Val's numbers there would be about 48 autos each
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Storage? Does Ultra Pro make storage holders or pages for these odd cards?
  • Options
    I couldn't resist at that price. I see Manny Machado as a top echelon young star and was sold on Jose Fernandez after doing some research. If any other players pan out, fantastic. I will likely be cracking only a few boxes. The rest will be sold for $60-$75 each. Oh, when I went to check out, it had emptied my cart after sitting idle for awhile. When I added the case again, I automatically got 20% off as a new Topps member.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased 4 boxes with the discount.
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Can't seem to get the 20% off to work. I put in the code, it says the code is applied, but the price does not reflect the discount. I took it all the way to "place order" and it was never applied. Any tips?

jbox
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered a mini box, and a gypsy queen box. Saved $25 with the discount. Thanks!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with jbox: Just tried to use the code but cant seem to get the 20% off. Anyone??
    Daniel
  • Options
    jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    the codes are unique to each sign up of the newsletter, im sure it cannot be used more than once
  • Options
    I think this code only works on your first Topps order. I never ordered from Topps before so it worked for me.

I signed up and got the same code. If it doesn't work try entering the code again if you never ordered from Topps before. It happened to me one time and I clicked on apply again and it worked.

I don't think there are pages out there to fit these. I have seen them before but last year I looked and could not find any. I wish Topps would produce a binder with pages for these!
  • Options
    I signed up and got the same code mentioned on the first page of this thread. Nascar may be right with the first time ordering thing: I had ordered from them last year so maybe that's why no discount. Would like to get a few boxes but at the 80% rate.
    Daniel
  • Options
    The code that was mentioned was the same code that I received in my email last week.
    I've ordered from topps.com before, but when I placed this order, I couldn't remember my password and just purchased as a guest and received the discount.
  • Options
    Don't sign in to your Topps account. You should be able to order as a guest, fill in all of your shipping information manually and check out through PayPal.
  • Options

<< <i>I signed up and got the same code mentioned on the first page of this thread. Nascar may be right with the first time ordering thing: I had ordered from them last year so maybe that's why no discount. Would like to get a few boxes but at the 80% rate. >>

I ordered Turkey Red and Heritage sets this year from them and it still worked.

Have you used a coupon in the past?

Did you sign in your account or buy as a visitor?

Strange why it works for some?

Joe
  • Options
    I didn't sign in either way. Just went to Topps.com. I've contacted their customer service to see if they can help. I never used a coupon with them before.
    Daniel
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't sign in either way. Just went to Topps.com. I've contacted their customer service to see if they can help. I never used a coupon with them before. >>

Hopefully they get back to you soon and it works out.

Joe
  • Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    I have tried all of the above and have never used a coupon with them. I just get code invalid or sometimes it says applied but doesn't show it.
  • Options
    Well, Topps got back to me with: "Hello- We apologize the 20% off code is not valid for the minis or any exclusive products. Thank you."

Can't BS a BS'er.

edited to add: I also got the 'code applied' last time I tried but it did not take any $$ off.
    Daniel
  • Options
    I don't see anything in this email about what you can and can't use the code for!

Thank you for subscribing to our email newsletter. As a new subscriber, you'll be the first to know about exclusive offers, private deals, and new arrivals for products inspired by the teams and players you love.
    please use the following promotional code: LY7HJ9K to enjoy 20% off your next topps.com order.

***************************** Fine Print *****************************
    If you have questions or concerns, please visit the Customer Service section of our website. If you have additional questions, please email us at storehelp@topps.com. Please reference your order number in your message. You may also contact us by phone at 1-(800)-489-9149.
    One Whitehall Street, New York, NY, 10004, USA
    © 2012 TOPPS
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, Topps got back to me with: "Hello- We apologize the 20% off code is not valid for the minis or any exclusive products. Thank you."

Can't BS a BS'er.

edited to add: I also got the 'code applied' last time I tried but it did not take any $$ off. >>

I came here to add this:

We are sorry but the 20% discount code is not valid for the minis or any exclusive products. Thank you.

I hope everyone's orders go through with the 20%...that would blow if they cancelled on you.
  • Options
    Wow,

Would never have expected that response.

Joe
  • Options
    I signed up last week for the 20% in anticipation of buying some minis and received the same code. I've tried every manner of checkout (log in, guest, etc.) and was never able to get the discount applied. Now, the code comes up invalid no matter what I do. I can't even get the 20% off for any product on the site (not that I want anything else). This is not good business. I was planning on buying a case at 20% off, otherwise I think I'll pass on this product. If anyone figures out how to get it, let me know. I hope everyone who got in on it gets to keep the discount.

jbox
  • Options
    I would try using another browser. It could be cached and this is what is preventing you from using that code.
    I would try Google Chrome or FireFox.
    Worth a shot.
  • Options

<< <i>I would try using another browser. It could be cached and this is what is preventing you from using that code.
    I would try Google Chrome or FireFox.
    Worth a shot. >>

I had the same idea. I tried Explorer, Chrome and FF. I even used the private browsing window on FF (ie pron browsing window)!!!!

jbox
  • Options
    Either I slipped through or they saw that people were applying the code and put a stop to it before too many signed up. If they cancel my order, so be it. They had better not go back and try to charge me more on my confirmed order, though.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    what the hell?? I just re-registered and not only do I get no discount offer, but they're also trying to charge me for SH!!

What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>Either I slipped through or they saw that people were applying the code and put a stop to it before too many signed up. If they cancel my order, so be it. They had better not go back and try to charge me more on my confirmed order, though.

>>

They cannot charge you again, as that would be an unauthorized charge on your card.

I also used the 20% code on a case, and would be really disappointed if they did not honor their agreement and cancelled my order.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    I tried it one more time this morning at home. Still came up coupon not valid. Oh, well, a few more dollars to spend on vintage cards on eBay.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Ok, i'm willing to buy these things at $53/box, but how did you guys get around paying for SH?
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok, i'm willing to buy these things at $53/box, but how did you guys get around paying for SH? >>

They were offering free shipping on orders over $100.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, i'm willing to buy these things at $53/box, but how did you guys get around paying for SH? >>

They were offering free shipping on orders over $100. >>

Yeah, after I selected two boxes and applied the discount, I still got the free shipping even though the net price was now below $100.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the math question for Canadians 2+2=5
  • Options
    I've tried 4 times. I can't complete the checkout without selecting a shipping method.
  • Options
    There is no box under shipping that says "0.00" ? Damn, I feel like we are getting milked. Why would they post free shipping on order over $100 then kill it once the new release hits. lame!