Home Precious Metals
Options

anyone watching this listing. . .

derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
. . . might want to avoid it.

I just wrapped a $4100 claim with the seller for a purchase that arrived (not) in an empty package. May have been postal theft, but no evidence - I'll never know for sure, but at least I got my money back.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.... I do not buy "raw" gold coins, except directly from the Mint or one of their authorized buyers. eBay would be the last place to look for gold.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Nope.... I do not buy "raw" gold coins, except directly from the Mint or one of their authorized buyers. eBay would be the last place to look for gold. >>

buyer protection has never failed me. While I do normally avoid anything that is not modern bullion, here are some recent examples that are now in hand and authentic:

bought eight at a negoiated price of $325 ea.

hundreds below spot

The greater the risk, the greater the reward. Ebay protection removes most all of that risk without reducing the reward. IMO this makes ebay one of the best places to get the best price on bullion.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭
    If you had to file a claim with Paypal, you need to leave appropriate feedback.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If you had to file a claim with Paypal, you need to leave appropriate feedback

This. Thank you for letting us know here, but leaving appropriate feedback is what really should be done to help alot more people than just the few hundred that pass thru here.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>If you had to file a claim with Paypal, you need to leave appropriate feedback. >>

Feedback removed, that's why I took the extra step of posting here. Since claim went through ebay "high value" resolution department and refund is still in process (not cleared into account, case still open) I would bet this account is under scrutiny.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunters Unite. 24 hour auctions are me.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Two negative feedbacks for that listing. More to come I bet...
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>Two negative feedbacks for that listing. More to come I bet... >>

Yep, sold 21 one ounce AGEs below spot.

• Options

<< <i>Two negative feedbacks for that listing. More to come I bet... >>

Looks like 4 more were scammed. I wonder if he bought the ebay handle or if he put in the time to make some happy customers before lowering the boom.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad i got away from ebay.