Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

*** PSA/DNA Red Flip group submission - July 2013 (we have Poppage #3!!)

It's that time a year again and time for another PSA/DNA RED FLIP autographed card group submission. I know I didn't give much notice here to get your cards together but my work schedule has been crazy the past few months and this is when I have time to do it. I will be submitting all of the cards to PSA sometime in the last week of July. Once again, PSA has been extreamly generous to allow me to offer a substantial group discount for the message board. As most of you know, PSA has increased their rates to $25 per card. For this sub PSA has agreed to allow us to get the old $10 monthly special rate cards.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY SO THERE IS NO CONFUSSION WHEN THE TIME COMES TO SEND ME YOUR CARDS.

I have received several PM’s asking if they could get cards graded with a # grade; cards with just the “Authentic” flip. So what I will be doing is placing 2 subs which are all listed here:

-Sub number 1 will be redflip with # grade (standard sized cards)
- Sub number 2 will be redflip WITHOUT # grade labeled "AUTHENTIC" (standard size cards)

There has also been one change from the previous group thread. All cards will be an additional $0.25 per card from the last sub.

When you send me your cards, please make it VERY CLEAR which cards you would like graded with a # grade and which cards you would like labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) for standard sized cards only. Tallboys/oversized cards will not be allowed for this sub.

Breakdown of fees:

Instead of trying to figure out exactly what every ones totals will be with shipping to and from PSA, insurance, packing material, and numerous other expenses included in putting together three subs, I am just going to charge a flat fee of $11.75 per card for standard sized card. Once the cards have been returned to me from PSA, I will then get each person an exact total from the post office to return your cards. I know some people might start complaining at this point but just to give you a reference of how long it took me to fill out all the sub forms and pack up our last 1000+ card sub I put more than 80 hours of my time into doing this sub from start to finish, and that is not an exadurated number. Just like the last sub we did, my ultimate goal is to make sure everything runs smoothly and there are no mistakes or mixups when you receive your cards back from the sub.

Here are the rules to the group sub:

1) The standard size cards that pass, will be labeled with the red flip. The autograph itself will not be graded, only authenticated, but the card will be graded if you choose or it can be labeled “Authentic” without a number grade. You may split your sub between the two services with your standard size cards. When you send me your cards please make it clear which cards you would like labeled with a # grade and which cards you want labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) .
2)All cards must be licensed trading cards
3 These subs are for cards only no memerobilia , index cards, or photos will be submitted.
4) There are no cards allowed that are valued over $175.00. Please don't play games with this and submit cards valued higher. PSA is being good to us, and giving us a good deal, don't take advantage of them.
5) To participate in this group sub, you must send in a minimum of 10 cards. I just don't have the time to deal with small orders of 1, 2, 5 cards, etc.
6) The price is $11.75 per card for standard size cards, plus the exact shipping totals to get the cards back to you once I receive them back from PSA. If you are unhappy with this fee structure then please don't participate in the sub.
7) When you send me your cards you must include the grading fees up front with your cards.I will only accept payments via check or money order . If your check or money order bounces, then I will not send your submission and you will pay for me to ship them back to you. You must pay in full when you send me the cards for submission.
Once I receive the cards back from PSA I will then contact you with the cost of returning your cards and you can send me a check , money order, or paypal for the return shipping. I know it is a pain in the butt to send a second payment for the cards to be returned to you but there is really no way to calculate the shipping weight until I have the cards back in my possession.
8) The submission will be going to PSA the last week of July. The deadline to get me your cards is July 10th. I know it will take some time to get your cards together but if possible, please don't wait until the last minute to get me your cards/payment.
9) When you send me your cards, you must package them in individual CS1's ( or UltraPro equivalent). Please include a detailed inventory list with all pertinent information including your name and CU user ID, card name, manufactur, year, playername and card value. Check PSA's submission center if you are unsure how to do that. Please make sure it is clear which cards you wanted graded with a # grade, and which cards you want labeled "Authentic" (without a # grade) for the standard sized cards. You must ship them in a method that requires my signature. Make sure you purchase adequate insurance.
10) If you are planning on participating, please post in this thread with your approximate quantity, and I will keep a running list in this post.
11) Please don't ask me if we can get a better deal with PSA, if you'd like to do that, do it yourself. Again, I think they are being more than fair and generous with their pricing. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you, then don't participate.
12) I am not responsible for PSA's turnaround time. If it takes them a week, that's awesome, if it takes them 3 months, that's not my responsibility. I'll be waiting anxiously just like you.
13)If you still have questions, please ask me in the thread, not via PM's, it's much easier for me to keep track of it that way.
14) Once you have read the rules and you decide you would like to participate in the group sub, please send me a PM and I will send you my shipping/payment info.

I am sorry for all the rules, I just don't want there to be any misconceptions, and in order for everything to go smoothly, I feel it's best to set them from day one. I will also keep the board updated on a weekly basis to let everyone know where we are in the submission process.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    135 on the nose, John. Thanks as always.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.

Thanks,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Sounds good John. I am in. Will come up with a total soon.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I'm in, just need to figure out how many, thanks, Tim
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 10, Thanks!
  • Options
    Just keeping this on the first page so other members don't miss it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MrKnowthanxMrKnowthanx Posts: 322 ✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    I'm in for 10 cards.
  • Options
    TalmerTalmer Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I have quite a few I will be subbing. Missed out last time.

thanks
    Talmer
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    OK guys I wil start sending everyone my address sometime over the weekend or early next week. There is also still plenty of time, so if you want to participate and you haven't already PM'ed me, please do so soon.
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent! In for 15 cards.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I have 3-4 cards that I would like to submit. Anyone want to combine to get to the 10 card minimum John is looking for?

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I also wanted to mention and ask that everyone PLEASE include a detailed list with your cards that includes your name, address, user ID name. As well as the card year, card make, card #, player name, variety if any (example: Topps Tiffany, Fleer Update) and card replacement value which must be $175 or less. The reason I ask that you include this info is because it takes me a ton of time if I need to figure out all the info about the cards. Also, please make sure it is clear which cards you want numbered with a grade and which cards you just want labled authentic. This way I don't have to guess which cards you want assigned a number grade and which cards you want labled without a number grade.

There is also one more thing. A few people were a little confused about this last time we did a sub so I thought I would clarify it. The $11.75 per card doesn't include the return shipping back to you once I have received them back from PSA. Once I have the cards back in my possession I will get everyone an exact shipping quote from the PO and than you can PayPal the return shipping fee. The return shipping fee is usually between $8-$35 depending on how much insurance you would like me to add to your cards when I'm sending them back to you. If you don't want to add any extra insurance that is fine with me but please remember that the post office could loose or damage your cards even though it is extremely rare, just keep in mind that it could happen so I would highly suggest getting some sort of insurance.
  • Options
    john,

can we send cards in blue flip and psa takes them out for grading to red flips?
  • Options

<< <i>john, can we send cards in blue flip and psa takes them out for grading to red flips? >>

Even if allowed, it would not make sense to do this financially. You can submit those cards in a regular PSA sub (non-auto) at the lower price.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭

<< <i>I have 3-4 cards that I would like to submit. Anyone want to combine to get to the 10 card minimum John is looking for? >>

I have one card that I'd desperately love to get in a red flip. It's not high dollar enough to send off by itself. I'd gladly combine or even be willing to pay more (say $15) to have it included. I have a couple of others I might include if possible as well.

jbox
  • Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>john, can we send cards in blue flip and psa takes them out for grading to red flips? >>

Even if allowed, it would not make sense to do this financially. You can submit those cards in a regular PSA sub (non-auto) at the lower price. >>

I have some Blue Flips and Red Flips without grades that I would like to get graded, what PSA service does this cheaper?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Even if allowed, it would not make sense to do this financially. You can submit those cards in a regular PSA sub (non-auto) at the lower price. >>

I have some Blue Flips and Red Flips without grades that I would like to get graded, what PSA service does this cheaper? >>

Huggy ... if the auto has already been authenticated, then it just has to go thru PSA for grading. No need for it to go thru PSA/DNA again. You would send them in, still in the holder, like you would any raw card that you send in for grading.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I'm doing 11 . Just got the 1955 Kazmaier .
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to participate, I have a couple hundred cards.
  • Options
    I believe I sent everyone my shipping info. If I didn't send you my info and you want to participate in the sub please PM me and I'll send you my info. I will also PM everyone once I have received your cards.
    Thanks,
    John
  • Options
    I just wanted to remind everyone if you want to participate in the sub to please ship out your cards early this week, if you haven't done so already. If you haven't contacted me and you want to get in on the sub please PM ASAP because I will be closing the sub to any new participants after Sunday night.
  • Options
    I am now closing the the sub to any new participants. If you have already PM'ed me and you haven't shipped me your cards yet please send them ASAP! I need to have all of the cards and payment no later than Monday night.
  • Options
    TalmerTalmer Posts: 22 ✭✭
    John I've got 65 cards on their way to you as of yesterday.
  • Options
    John, I have 35 cards that I will send via PRIORITY MAIL tomorrow morning from Long Island if you will still accept them. I know today was the day you wanted them. Please let me know if this is OK. I will not send until I hear from you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    John, cards sent. See PM.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    glad you snuck it in there under the wire. my package is at the po waiting for john to pick it up also.
  • Options

<< <i>glad you snuck it in there under the wire. my package is at the po waiting for john to pick it up also. >>

Yeah, it was nice for John to take them. They should be to him by Saturday.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    John ... please confirm you received my cards and payment. Thank you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug,

Yep, I got them today.
  • Options
    John ... were the cards logged in yet? Did they pop? When are you sending them back to me?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Update:
    I will be cashing all of the checks sometime near the end of the week.
  • Options
    Update:
    All of the checks have been deposited.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    do we have poppage? image

thanks for doing this, John...I'll enjoy seeing how everyone made out.
  • Options
    Update:
    I just check my bank account and all of the checks appear to have cleared. I am just finishing up the paperwork and will have them ready to go by the weekend.
  • Options
    Update:
    I was able to finish up the paperwork last night and dropped off the subs at the National today. Both subs are 25 business day submissions (once they are logged in) so we should have our results sometime in early/mid September. I will keep the board updated as soon as the subs are logged in.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update John. Spend any money at The National while you were there?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Thanks for the update John. Spend any money at The National while you were there? >>

Not really, I got a couple items signed but pretty much struck out trying to find any of the cards I was looking for. I did pick up a nice raw 62 Topps Ditka rc to get signed and a decent looking PSA 2 Sandy Koufax rc to get signed at some point in the future. For the most part I was a little disappointed with the show and most of the dealers inventory was a little stale and overpriced, which was expected. The show would have probably been good for guys looking to buy high grade rc's or for set collectors trying to pick up raw commons to build sets.
  • Options
    John,

I agree that the inventory was VERY stale. I was looking primarily for vintage signed football and the pickings were very slim. The top autograph dealers (Phil Marks, Ron Gordon, Mill Creek) didn't have any signed HOF rookie cards and the selection of non-rookie cards was very minimal. The best card that I picked up was a signed 1950 Bowman Bobby Layne.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    You guys are bumming me out. My plan was to go to the national one year to finish all my signed sets.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Wondering what you guys mean as "stale"? Do you mean lots of mid grade, over priced garbage? All I can imagine is the largest assortment of items you could ever look through. I dont know how that can be freshened up.
  • Options
    By stale, I mean many of the same signed cards that I've seen in the past. The selection of signed, vintage football was very limited. I saw few signed 1940's/1950's cards and the ones I saw were of common HOFers that are routinely listed on E-Bay.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Wondering what you guys mean as "stale"? Do you mean lots of mid grade, over priced garbage? All I can imagine is the largest assortment of items you could ever look through. I dont know how that can be freshened up. >>

Greg summed it up well in regards to "stale.' I was referring to dealers that sell autographed cards that aren't factory issued. There is a large portion of dealers at the National that also attend all of the Chicago Suntimes shows and it seems they have a lot of the same inventory at every show.
  • Options
    I noticed that PSA cashed my checks yesterday, so the cards should be logged in sometime next week.
  • Options
    One of our subs was logged in today. We are still waiting for the second sub to log in but I would assume it will log on Monday of Tuesday of next week. I will keep everyone updated as soon as the second sub is logged in. Our grades for the first sub should pop by September 23 according to the 25 business day calendar. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a little longer since PSA seems to be slightly behind after the Nationals.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update John. Why don't you go to the site and see if they POPPED yet!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    The second sub officially logged in today. PSA seems to be pretty back logged so I would be very surprised if it pops in 25 business days. I will keep my fingers crossed that we will have our results sometime in September but realistically it probably won't be until October until we see our grades from the second sub.
  • Options
    Hoping I was in that first sub! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug