Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Orlando NEWP

WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
I won this VERY sharp, clean and lustrous 1937-D GEM!! This is one of my most favorite dates besides the 1934-S & 1935 S & D!! I am celebrating with a couple fingers of SCOTCH!! This one looks BETTER than the original example that upgraded to 66 that i missed out on, as it is CLEANER!! Happy this night!! RARE intermediate date Walker!! You like??

[URL=http://s742.photobucket.com/user/walkerfan_2010/media/6467a4fc-71b3-4db2-baa6-8ce83cdf6a5f_zpsb52319a7.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s742.photobucket.com/user/walkerfan_2010/media/0c49bda8-f621-4046-9c2c-066253660454_zps8ed5b396.jpg.html]image[/URL]

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Comments

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    The obverse center seems mushy. If I can live without that detail, I'd prefer to stay at a lower grade ms or au58.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options

<< <i>The obverse center seems mushy. If I can live without that detail, I'd prefer to stay at a lower grade ms or au58. >>

You GOTTA be kidding me. This one is sharper than MOST that I've seen. That thumb and skirts are hammered. Full head too. The 37-D rarely comes fully struck. I paid a premium for it, as it is BETTER than MOST.

• Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    You must know the series before comment. Fantastic coin.
  • Options

<< <i>You must know the series before comment. Fantastic coin. >>

Thanks BigJohn----I can tell that you're familiar with the Walkers.

I'm not fishing for compliments nor do I mind constructive criticism but that previous comment was just way off.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice example of this date.
    If Lava thinks this one is mushy, wait 'til he sees a 'typically struck' 40S!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The obverse center seems mushy. If I can live without that detail, I'd prefer to stay at a lower grade ms or au58. >>

You GOTTA be kidding me. This one is sharper than MOST that I've seen. That thumb and skirts are hammered. Full head too. The 37-D rarely comes fully struck. I paid a premium for it, as it is BETTER than MOST. >>

Yep. Great centers on that Walker and a very good strike for the date. Congrats on a nice pickup.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice example of this date.
    If Lava thinks this one is mushy, wait 'til he sees a 'typically struck' 40S! >>

image Thanks Greg----always good to hear from you. I respect your opinion!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You GOTTA be kidding me. This one is sharper than MOST that I've seen. That thumb and skirts are hammered. Full head too. The 37-D rarely comes fully struck. I paid a premium for it, as it is BETTER than MOST. >>

Yep. Great centers on that Walker and a very good strike for the date. Congrats on a nice pickup.

Mike >>

THANK YOU, Mike!!

• Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    That coin is fantastic and I would be proud to own such an example! What is the grade? From the pics I'd say 65+.
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭
    And I thought the 1 million mega ton pressure striking chamber was a myth image
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    It's a 65

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid and all there for a 65, in anyone's holder.

I haven't checked pop reports in years, but while hunting middle date walkers at shows in the '90's,
    I'd see significantly more '38D walkers in 4 and 5 holders than '37D's. And Jack Beymer's coin list mailings
    under the 37D listing would also mention that this date was rarer than the '38D.
    Some roll releases of middle date walkers from an old estate 6-7 years ago may have changed that around somewhat.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks beautiful to me. Congrats on your latest NP and refill that glass!
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    So nice! You picked a great example for this one.
    All I can say is... cheers!

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 37-D is one of those late date set coins that sort of falls through the cracks. As you said, the head detail is excellent. You have all of the thumb and about 1 and ~5/8 of the branch lines.

The two reed marks are inconspicuously placed, and a ding hidden well in the "I" of the motto.

Nice detail on the eagle's left leg.

Nice 'old silver' skin.

For a 65, you did extremely well imho, even if you went somewhat up the ladder in purchase price.

Congratulations. Pretty WLH.
  • Options
    TireKickerTireKicker Posts: 870 ✭✭
    That is an outstanding coin. Congrats!
    All the best,

Rob

Successful Trades with: Coincast, MICHAELDIXON

Successful Purchases from: Manorcourtman, Meltdown
  • Options

<< <i>Solid and all there for a 65, in anyone's holder.

I haven't checked pop reports in years, but while hunting middle date walkers at shows in the '90's,
    I'd see significantly more '38D walkers in 4 and 5 holders than '37D's. And Jack Beymer's coin list mailings
    under the 37D listing would also mention that this date was rarer than the '38D.
    Some roll releases of middle date walkers from an old estate 6-7 years ago may have changed that around somewhat. >>

MS 65 NGC Census: (328/180) and PCGS Population (728/344).

Mintage: 1,676,000.

It is 6th of 19 in MS rarity in the intermediate set both overall and for high grade (MS 65 or better).

The 38-D ranks 7th in both, so it is one spot behind it.

I remember seeing that on Jack's fliers as well! image

• Options
    CalebCaleb Posts: 739

<< <i>

The right hand and hip looks mushy to me too. It might be BETTER then most but it still looks muchy. image
  • Options
    CoinCastCoinCast Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    Nice I was thinking more 66 when I saw it. Great Pickup!

Partner @Gold Hill Coin

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...very nice Walker....congratulations...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    PQ!!!
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file