•••It's Feuchtwanger Friday Again!!•••

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! New edition?

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1837 R.E. Russell, HT-309 / Low-128.

Ex: Hudson collection.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Iwas just down to the store and picked up a load of Low 117s! image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the one that sold from the cardinal collection last night PCGS/CAC MS-65+ was the grade on it.

I thought it was awesome looking but backed off on my bidding as it got real pricey.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    .....and the 3G was a misattributed 6G. Someone is going to be verrrrrry unhappy image
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    After these were struck....they noticed they forgot to engrave the eagles tounge! imageimage
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice examples here! I love mine!

imageimage
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These things are cool! I need to get distracted from my Mercury Dime Widgets one day and pick one of these things up.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    1837 Feuchtwanger Cent 4E ex. Q. David Bowers the Plate Coin for the Feuchtwanger Currency in "100 Greatest Medals and Tokens". out of every coin he had access to to illustrate the section he chose this coin. I that shows his opinion of it, and I'd humbly add that I too thinks its a stunning coin and I'd give it my vote for finest known Feuchtwanger Cent. Reflective and a challenge to portray I grade this MS68. imageimage
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What did you think of the one that sold from the cardinal collection last night PCGS/CAC MS-65+ was the grade on it.

I thought it was awesome looking but backed off on my bidding as it got real pricey. >>

It looked gorgeous. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>1837 Feuchtwanger Cent 4E ex. Q. David Bowers the Plate Coin for the Feuchtwanger Currency in "100 Greatest Medals and Tokens". out of every coin he had access to to illustrate the section he chose this coin. I that shows his opinion of it, and I'd humbly add that I too thinks its a stunning coin and I'd give it my vote for finest known Feuchtwanger Cent. Reflective and a challenge to portray I grade this MS68. >>

Alright ambro51 you really need to step away from the fumes of the gorilla glue! imageimage

This example may have just been chosen as it was easy to image since it's lackluster from having been cleaned.
  • Options
    1837 Low 119 HT 265 non proof striking at this point I am thinking this coin is R10 as all other six or seven of this type known are HT265a strikings under higher pressure on polished planchets imageimage
  • Options
    Hey Broadstruck your Snake is flatimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Broadstruck your Snake is flatimage >>

Thanks I'm taking a real beating tonight just looking at this and CAF's comment in the Copper thread image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a pic of my old NGC MS66 example... the coin was later sold and eventually ended up in the Cardinal Collection and was sold at Stacks last night for more than double what I sold it for!!!

imageimage
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambro, what is the best book for these things? If there isn't a great reference for them, when are you going to write the book on them?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Bowers gave it his best shot in a chapter in "More Adventures With Rare Coins". Edgar Adams wrote the definitive early research in June 1913 Numismatist. Various auction catalog writings.... Overall not too much and hardly Anything at All on the three cent issues. I do understand a book may be in the works. There should be an organized action by collectors to have PCGS begin variety attribution on these. If the can track down and attribute an obscure repunched mintmark on a 50s Lincoln cent they can tell these Feuchtwangers apart... X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file