Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So I submitted 2 ASE Coin and Currency sets and just got the grades in........

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is NO joint venture submission process on these sets between PCGS and PCGS Currency. >>

Well than your saying the president of pcgs currency who posted this comment is wrong? We've actually worked out a joint submission process with PCGS on this set if you wish to submit both the coins and the notes for grading. Submit the entire sets to either PCGS or PCGS Currency, and include paperwork for both. We'll take care of the arrangements in getting the coins to PCGS and the notes to us, or vice versa.

And on these notes we will be notating the special set on the label. (once again confusion is in the air) Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is NO joint venture submission process on these sets between PCGS and PCGS Currency. >>

ohhhhh

forum fight!

the president of pcgs currency says one thing, the customer service people here saying another.

and I just checked the other thread on the currency forum, and no update.

The bad thing is I just submitted 4 sealed 1 box each sets + 1 $5 throguh a coin shop B&M based upon the PCGS currency president's comment. (why call when you have it in writing?)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    For clarification...if the coin and currency sets are submitted to us at PCGS Currency with separate paperwork included for the PCGS coin submission, we do have a process in place to submit the coins to PCGS for you. Whether or not PCGS will offer the same reciprocal service is completely out of our hands and is entirely up to them.

You can call our office at 309-222-8200 if you have any questions regarding the submission process for currency.
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Mr. Bradford, thank you.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow.....image
  • Options

<< <i>For clarification...if the coin and currency sets are submitted to us at PCGS Currency with separate paperwork included for the PCGS coin submission, we do have a process in place to submit the coins to PCGS for you. Whether or not PCGS will offer the same reciprocal service is completely out of our hands and is entirely up to them.

You can call our office at 309-222-8200 if you have any questions regarding the submission process for currency. >>

Thank you for the clarification Mr. Bradford and sorry for any confussion.
    PCGS Customer Service
  • Options
    The bad thing is I just submitted 4 sealed 1 box each sets + 1 $5 throguh a coin shop B&M based upon the PCGS currency president's comment. (why call when you have it in writing?) >>

Well I hope you sent them first to pcgs coins to get the first strike and than I am sure you can send the bills across the street after, but if in reverse you would lose the first strike once the mints box was opened. Good luck................image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>The bad thing is I just submitted 4 sealed 1 box each sets + 1 $5 throguh a coin shop B&M based upon the PCGS currency president's comment. (why call when you have it in writing?) >>

Well I hope you sent them first to pcgs coins to get the first strike and than I am sure you can send the bills across the street after, but if in reverse you would lose the first strike once the mints box was opened. Good luck................image >>

Exactly my thoughts. Its very big OF PCGS currency to step up on this. However First strike and C7C on the slab is whats important to me. PCGS Coin company should of done this in the first pace. I really cant see a reason why not is it that hard of a thing to do for you customers. I was always told to try and give the customers what they want in order to get repeat business. On the other hand the other company does it with no problem. Its just easy to go with the other company thats why they are making more $ off the sets
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The bad thing is I just submitted 4 sealed 1 box each sets + 1 $5 throguh a coin shop B&M based upon the PCGS currency president's comment. (why call when you have it in writing?) >>

Well I hope you sent them first to pcgs coins to get the first strike and than I am sure you can send the bills across the street after, but if in reverse you would lose the first strike once the mints box was opened. Good luck................image >>

Exactly my thoughts. Its very big OF PCGS currency to step up on this. However First strike and C7C on the slab is whats important to me. PCGS Coin company should of done this in the first pace. I really cant see a reason why not is it that hard of a thing to do for you customers. I was always told to try and give the customers what they want in order to get repeat business. On the other hand the other company does it with no problem. Its just easy to go with the other company thats why they are making more $ off the sets >>

I'm going to have to call the coin/currency dealer I dealt with to "head off the package at the pass" He said it would go out yesterday.

He said he does subs to both. I am not clear who he shipped to first since I left the sets and hte $5 with him 2 days before.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    This probably a dumb question, but is there a cut off date for the currency grading?If you sent your coins to PCGS coin grading and got the first strike, then you can take any $5 C&C bill, even if from a different set, and send it to PCGS currency for grading? Just seems that is not as big a deal who grades the note or when from what I am reading as they are not really a set, right? image
  • Options

<< <i>This probably a dumb question, but is there a cut off date for the currency grading?If you sent your coins to PCGS coin grading and got the first strike, then you can take any $5 C&C bill, even if from a different set, and send it to PCGS currency for grading? Just seems that is not as big a deal who grades the note or when from what I am reading as they are not really a set, right? image >>

That's one for the PCGS currency boards....

I don't know. From what I understand, the submitter too my lone $5 in the set and said it would go to PCGS currency, too. I assumed that I'd be fine, but it looks like I need to ask more questions than I did. Don't you agree? image

where is the really messed up emoticon????
  • Options
    Got my grades for my three C&C sets:

two are MS69
    one is MS68

looks like these really are pooly minted, as has been said over & over . . .

(I thought I had a minimun grade of MS69 on my order. Electronic submission form. I'll have to check on this . . .)
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 29 First Strike sets graded last week and only two 70's!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    The cumulative total graded and shipped out by PCGS through Friday, 9/28/12, the % of PF 70 FS has gone DOWN to 18%. One PCGS coin sold on Ebay for $399. recently. Question... Is this a "Must Have Coin" to many PCGS coin collectors or is the slabbed coin going to be a very low Population but no one really wants one? Many may simply collect the Plastic and have to have one of the few PF 70 FS C&C labelled coins. I am not familiar with the popularity of a PCGS coin coming from a C&C set. Please comment....
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    On one hand, it is a coin already in the anniversary set.

On the other hand, as a set with a label, it was under recognized and the labelled set will have a "low mintage" as far as a label goes.

As someone who likes to collect "mint issues" I think of it more of a "separate mint issue" and less of a label issue. As far as that goes, I will let the market show me how many are "separate mint issue" collectors and how many "just want the coin" and don't care about the issue nor label.

keep watching the market.

• Options
    I just went and looked at ebay anyone else notice the bills graded are selling for a good amount. A 69 is going for over 300 and a 68 for over 150. Thats not a bad amount, Plus I see the first sealed box of five at a buy it now 599.00. I have not seen any pcgs red label ones 69 or 70 come up for sale. Being I only had one set graded really hate to test out the waters yet. Nooker sorry to hear you got a 68 but looking at the set I first opened thought there would be a few of those without being able to prescreen these. Was the one that recently sold for 399.00 a 70 in a pcgs red Flag label?...................Enjoyimage

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    mercanti - red=flag?

• Options
    Those collecting MS70 and PR70 "one of each label" Silver Eagles will need two C&C Set labels, one Mercanti and one Flag. The Flags appear to be scarcer now, but that might not matter hugely *if* Mercantis can be re-holdered as Flags. With 36 PR70 First Strikes graded thus far, a maximum of only 18 complete "one of each label" sets can exist at this point in time.

For registry sets it does not matter, as there is only one slot for 2012-S First Strike proofs and that slot can be filled using a coin from the 75th Anniversary set. The current PR70 First Strike population of that coin is about 4,000.

• Options
    The ebay graded PCGS C&C coins for sale were Mercanti black label but some of the 75th sets have been red label. I'm guessing both of those have to be bulk submissions. What would be the value of the 69 C&C coins, being only 159 graded so far?
  • Options
    well, by label, I don't mean full label differences.

I mean that hte coin is treated as a separate issue under the "C&C" label than the "Ann. Set" label.

I have seen many "full label sets" for this year's ASEs go unsold. These had one of each type of label, mercanti, flag, blue, etc. I don't think there are many of those collectors.

I will still watch the market and see how many care about "separate mint issues" on the label.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my results on two 2 ASE Coin and Currency sets First Strike PCGS. Both coins graded PR69DCAM.

• Options

<< <i>Last nights grades posted

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's

Total graded 197 >>

I also checked on the pops for Non First Strike. 12 Sets Graded 0 70's 9 69's and 3 68's. So those are really taking a Hit. I think even the 69's in these will break even with a population under 300 graded First strike. Will see, I still want to send my bill in to see what it grades............Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's

Total graded 197 >>

I also checked on the pops for Non First Strike. 12 Sets Graded 0 70's 9 69's and 3 68's. So those are really taking a Hit. I think even the 69's in these will break even with a population under 300 graded First strike. Will see, I still want to send my bill in to see what it grades............Enjoy image >>

I'm thinking about sending my bill in to but not sure it's worth it?

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    My box of 10 just logged in.

Now the wait.

5 weeks is November 6th.

Will PCGS send the notes back right away or will they ship them back with the coins?

Does anyone know?

Joe
  • Options
    >>

I also checked on the pops for Non First Strike. 12 Sets Graded 0 70's 9 69's and 3 68's. So those are really taking a Hit. I think even the 69's in these will break even with a population under 300 graded First strike. Will see, I still want to send my bill in to see what it grades............Enjoy image >>

I'm thinking about sending my bill in to but not sure it's worth it? >>

Noticed you had to buy a membership like here, and I have a few of mom and dads old bills that I always wanted to send in so I may do that. Joe They send the bills back with the coins. Good luck ....Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    What a difference from the 2011 25th sets with 70s from the TPGs out the wazoo, now it's a drought upon the landscape with this SF 75th set.

Excuse the analogy, but, here where I live in the Midwest I cross the South Skunk River everyday and the Skunk is puddles without flow; grass growing in it and cattle wandering out to graze. Last year it was flood stage 'til Aug. What a difference a year makes.

Anyway, what are the issues with the 75th? Haven't seen anything on that. What characteristics make so many of the 75th strikes 69s vs the characteristics of the 2011s which were 70s?
  • Options

<< <i>Joe They send the bills back with the coins. Good luck ....Enjoy image >>

Thanks,

Joe

• Options

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

Looks like a midweek update, number of 70's has nearly doubled at 68 out of total 299 graded. The overall percentage of 70's has jumped to 22.7%.

The 70's pop is still relatively low, but if it continues increasing at this rate, the current auction price of over $400 may not be sustainable.

• Options

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

Looks like a midweek update, number of 70's has nearly doubled at 68 out of total 299 graded. The overall percentage of 70's has jumped to 22.7%.

The 70's pop is still relatively low, but if it continues increasing at this rate, the current auction price of over $400 may not be sustainable. >>

Sheezz, what gives?
    Why the big jump?.......I hope it doesn't kill the price. I may toss it for sale on Ebay soonimage

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

The 70's pop is still relatively low, but if it continues increasing at this rate, the current auction price of over $400 may not be sustainable. >>

Sheezz, what gives?
    Why the big jump?.......I hope it doesn't kill the price. I may toss it for sale on Ebay soonimage >>

My guess is a bulk submission, thats the reason in jump for 70's How else can you explain the poor results for the past few weeks than a jump of such a higher percentage. I still and always will believe the bulk submissions do much better.......I would love to see the results for bulk submissions compared to collectors submission but thats never going to happen. Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    My guess is a bulk submission, thats the reason in jump for 70's How else can you explain the poor results for the past few weeks than a jump of such a higher percentage. I still and always will believe the bulk submissions do much better.......I would love to see the results for bulk submissions compared to collectors submission but thats never going to happen. Enjoy image >>

I share your interest about that and agree that it will not happen (without a court order at least)image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

I have no clue how these numbers are happening, alittle over a week ago there were 299 sets with 68 being 70's. Now the new numbers out today show total graded 328 sets with 97 at 70's. Now that means 29 more sets graded and ALL of them got 70's????? I guess I just don't understand how the pops are right. This is totally baffling to me...........any ideas? Enjoy imageNew Pop Report

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Ok guys....look real hard in you crystal ball and tell me if I should sell now or hold on?
    Don't want the prices to tankimage

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

I have no clue how these numbers are happening, alittle over a week ago there were 299 sets with 68 being 70's. Now the new numbers out today show total graded 328 sets with 97 at 70's. Now that means 29 more sets graded and ALL of them got 70's????? I guess I just don't understand how the pops are right. This is totally baffling to me...........any ideas? Enjoy imageNew Pop Report >>

Unbelievable. And these have to be a blind submission too, right?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

2- 68's
    159- 69's
    36- 70's
    Total graded 197 >>

I have no clue how these numbers are happening, alittle over a week ago there were 299 sets with 68 being 70's. Now the new numbers out today show total graded 328 sets with 97 at 70's. Now that means 29 more sets graded and ALL of them got 70's????? I guess I just don't understand how the pops are right. This is totally baffling to me...........any ideas? Enjoy imageNew Pop Report >>

Unbelievable. And these have to be a blind submission too, right? >>

Oh, I forgot. This might be a minimum grade submission and those not making 70 did not get holdered. Probably explains it.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok guys....look real hard in you crystal ball and tell me if I should sell now or hold on?
    Don't want the prices to tankimage >>

Sell image Well I thought to get the minimum grade request you had to send in a bulk submission of 100 sets. This really changes the playing field for us collectors and I do believe from now on I am done playing with the big boys. Oh well I guess some things in life can never be explained..........but this sure makes me wonder.............. image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Grades just posted.

Received 10/02 popped in 15 days.

Here are the grades:

(1) 68
    (7) 69
    (2) 70's

Joe

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 26417504 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 2 26417505 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 3 26417506 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR68DC
    1 4 26417507 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 5 26417508 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR70DC
    1 6 26417509 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 7 26417510 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR70DC
    1 8 26417511 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 9 26417512 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
    1 10 26417513 514929 2012-S $1 Silver Eagle, Coin & Currency Set USA PR69DC
  • Options
    wah. 20%

• Options

<< <i>wah. 20% >>

That seems about normal, was hoping for 3,

Now for the bills.

I will check them out when they arrive.

Joe

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    You can't set a minimum grade at a 70.
  • Options

<< <i>You can't set a minimum grade at a 70. >>

Could there be another reason why last week's pop jump was all 70's?

• Options
    That a bummer Joe, and I just got this email from our host this morning, also IF there NOT allowed to have a grade of 70 than someone needs to explain to me how all those graded last week were 70"s? Also think its funny to see a email offereing collector club members a bulk submission of 200 COINS? I thought the dealers could do just 100? Enjoy image PCGS is pleased to announce our 10 Dates for $10 Bulk Coin Grading Special, exclusively for PCGS Collectors Club members. We would like to thank you, our valued Collectors Club members, for choosing PCGS. This Bulk special gives you the opportunity to submit your Bulk coin order to PCGS at a discounted rate from now until December 31, 2012.

The 10 dates for $10 Coin Grading Special is for PCGS Bulk Service only. Your submission must contain 200+ coins to qualify. Up to 10 separate coin dates may be included in each order.
    Coin values must be less than $300 per coin.
    Only one minimum grade per invoice.
    If 60% of the coins submitted meet or exceed the minimum grade, each holdered coin will be charged $10. The coins that do not meet your minimum grade will be returned to you unholdered with no charge.
    If less than 60% of the coins submitted meet or exceed the minimum grade, each holdered coin will be charged $10 while the unholdered coins will be charged $5 each.

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Holy Cow, Rubiks cubes are easier to figure out than that set of conditions as to what's the best way, what to submit, how much will it cost me, etc, etc etc.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You can't set a minimum grade at a 70. >>

Could there be another reason why last week's pop jump was all 70's? >>

I noticed that too! Maybe the submitter was REALLY good at pulling out sub-70 coins? image They'd have to be REALLY good. I submitted the 20 best coins out of sixty 75th Sets that I bought from the Mint. I had three 70's... image
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PR70FS are fetching nice prices, $489 ain't bad...

LINKY
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    at some point these can't be FS and open box submissions.

are the pops being discussed FS70 or plain 70?
  • Options
    Sixteen more First Strikes graded, two of them 70's. Looks like First Strike submissions are beginning to taper off.

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    oops
  • Options
    Only one additional 70 graded this week, there are now an even 100 of them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file