Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New to the forum, and some observations about it

2»

Comments

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a stock tip giveaway is in order i believe.............

welcome image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>... I get a sense that the average intelligence on this forum is many times higher than par. >>

You apparently have not lurked long enough! image

Welcome to the Board ... great place, great people, great resource.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Welcome!image
    Gary
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Howdy and welcome, nice intro you posted. Nice avatar, too! image
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    great intro, now lets see some of your 1928 peace dollar pics
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome ........ & Happy Hunting !!
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldman Sachs has shown some interest in packaging Credibility Default Swaps on this Forum as a whole and on various individuals posting here.

Somewhere in my mind I have conflated the ideas of "going 'long'" on our Forum and "throwing a Hail Mary pass". The odds seem about the sameimage

My legal department is conferring to see if I am allowed as a private individual (through a third party, surely, and quite possibly in Lichtenstein) to "short myself".image and park the proceeds in the Caymans. MrEureka has already suggested there may be no good exit strategy, but wants a piece on spec, hoping he can use it in some small way as part of an over-all hedging strategy.

Pools of Collateralized Dumb*ss Obligations are being packaged as we sleep.image

CJ
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Goldman Sachs has shown some interest in packaging Credibility Default Swaps on this Forum as a whole and on various individuals posting here.

Somewhere in my mind I have conflated the ideas of "going 'long'" on our Forum and "throwing a Hail Mary pass". The odds seem about the sameimage

My legal department is conferring to see if I am allowed as a private individual (through a third party, surely, and quite possibly in Lichtenstein) to "short myself".image and park the proceeds in the Caymans. MrEureka has already suggested there may be no good exit strategy, but wants a piece on spec, hoping he can use it in some small way as part of an over-all hedging strategy.

Pools of Collateralized Dumb*ss Obligations are being packaged as we sleep.image

CJ >>

Might we be able to trade calls and puts on these??? I'm thinking I can quit my day jobimage

Great intoductory post by the way!

imageimage

I'd love to see some of those 28 Peace dollars as well...

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,imageto school! You'll be impressed and acknowledged,happy and angered, you know just like in grammer school.image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Yes, welcome and great intro!
    I definitely consider myself a newbie and have become hooked on these boards checking them several times each day.
    I am continuously amazed at how knowledgeable folks here are and how readily most jump in with answers to questions, advice etc.
    This is a great community. Like all communities, there is occasional bickering but for the most part you will feel very good here.
    Best.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great first impression and a pleasure.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent intro, welcome.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very nice and classy introduction. Welcome to the fray. image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    Intelligent, and above what?

Welcome.....
    I'm Just Sayin"

http://www.coinshop.com
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum! I am a Disabled Vet Navy Seabee from the 1st gulf war I just recently joined myself with the intention of trying to get the major grading companies to start grading a little more fair.Im still trying to figure out how I can upload pictures without getting a message that the pic must be 50 kb or smallerimage
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome to the forum! I am a Disabled Vet Navy Seabee from the 1st gulf war I just recently joined myself with the intention of trying to get the major grading companies to start grading a little more fair.Im still trying to figure out how I can upload pictures without getting a message that the pic must be 50 kb or smallerimage >>

Welcome and consider getting a photobucket account to deal with your picture issue. You may want to enable your private message function too.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

Well done indeed. Better than mine, which I didn't even write. But if I had written one it would've shared the same sentiments. That high degree of professionalism is the very reason I joined.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file