Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BUILDING THE PERFECT 1988 TOPPS FOOTBALL SET

While the 1988 Topps football set is anything but rare, it is along with the 1982 Topps Football set one of my favorites from the decade.

The simple sleek design featuring Team helmet logos has always been favorite design of mine.

So after breaking almost two cases of 88's in various forms; Wax, Cellos and Jumbos, I finally have everything sorted and ready to begin my quest
for the perfect 1988 topps Football set. After throwing all the cards with wax stains and other fatal flaws in the burn pile I am left with approx. 40-50 of every
card in the set.

Yes Im probably going to need some of you guys help along the way and I know there are many of you who have recently been busting 88 product.
But let me warn you, Im the "GRADER OF DEATH" that everyone fears. My OCD with grades on these has already caused me to pass on 3 PSA 10 Bo Jacksons
that just didn't cut the mustard for me.

My experience busting the 88's comes to this conclusion: One of the main flaws is the card surface. "Streak marks" "Hazing or Border Fog" for lack of a better word on the white borders, as well as "fish eyes" and other print flaws. ALL will cause me to reject then card.

One other issue is the card backs. Like the 1979 Topps Set, The 88's seem to have two different shades on the backs. ONLY the bright blue shade is acceptable to me no matter how nice the front of the card is. SEE EXAMPLE BELOW of the two different shades.

So what is the Perfect card that Im seeking?

#1 CENTERING (Front & Back) Without it the card doesn't even make it to the next stage.

A: CORNERS 4 Sharp, Everyone knows that.

B: CARD SURFACE Flawless gloss surface with deep color and card registration. "Fish eyes" "Steaking" "Ink Smears" "Border hazing" "Print dots" "Print Snow"
While I always say I can find some kind of Printing flaw on virtually every card ever printed. Any extreme or obvious print flaws as those mentioned above
will certainly cause me to reject the card EVEN if it has passed all the other stages of grading, Centering & Corners.

GOTTA GET THE KIDS TO BED I'll BE BACK IN A MINUTE....... "Hey! GET THAT OUT OUT OF YOUR SISTERS HAIR!" "Give me that!" "Get up there and get your teeth brushed!"

AND of coarse................... "Don't make me stop this car!"

OK Kids are tucked in now

NOW here is my offer: If anyone has a card from my want list that they feel can pass my "Grader of Death" rules above. Please feel free to put it in a PWE in a card saver between two pieces of cardboard and submit it to me. I will send you back $5.00 for any common I accept. $10.00 for any Star I accept. If the card does not pass I will return it to you and include $1.00 just for trying. Obviously I will not return any trash cards to anyone simply trying to make .50 cents off their postage money LOL.
For anyone that feels they may have multiple cards from my list Please feel free to PM me here.

OK! LETS BEGIN BUILDING THE PERFECT 1988 TOPPS FOOTBALL SET!

Ive narrowed each card down to the best candidates and eventually the three/four Finalist you will see.

WANTLIST

CARD #3 Steve Largent RB REJECTED ($5.00 bounty to the person that has my card.)
CARD #6 Jerry Rice RB REJECTED ( UPDATE: A PSA 10 has been cracked out and ACCEPTED)
CARD #12 Art Monk REJECTED ($5.00 to the Person that has my card.)
CARD #15 Steve Cox REJECTED ($5.00 to the person that has my card.
CARD #19 Darrell Green REJECTED ($5.00 to the person that has my card.
CARD #30 Keith Bishop REJECTED ($5.00 to the Person with my card.)
CARD #33 Karl Mecklenberg REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #44 Mike Wilson REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #47 Michael Carter REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #48 Dwaine Board REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #51 Ronnie Lott REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #57 Dalton Hilliard REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #65 Sam Mills REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #67 Dave Waymer REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #69 Jim McMahon REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #72 Willie Gualt REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card.)
CARD #73 Dennis Gentry REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #84 Dave Duerson REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #89 Webster Slaughter REJECTED ($5.00 to the person who has my card)
CARD #92 Ozzie Newsome REJECTED ($5.00 to the person who has my card)
CARD #93 Cody Risen REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with ny card.)
CARD #95 Carl harriston REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #98 Frank Minnifield REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #101 Felix Wright REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #104 Mike Rozier REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #110 Mike Munchak REJECTED($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #111 Kent Hill REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #117 Jack Trudeau REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #118 Eric Dickerson REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #125 Ron Solt REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #135 Steve Largent REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #139 Blair Bush REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)
CARD #140 Jacob Green REJECTED($5.00 to the person with my card)
Card #144 Brian Bosworth REJECTED ($5.00 to the person with my card)

THE SET SO FAR

LATEST CARDS EVALUATED

Another tough call on a Team card. I don't know why it is but some of the most brilliant cards you will pull in the 88 set will
be the team cards. I went with Card B with the Seahawks team card.
CARD #130 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

I don't believe any other QB has posted a more solid career and numbers than Dave Kraig, and gone virtually unnoticed.
It is a shame that his most memorable feat was being sacked 7 times by Derrick Thomas.
All beautiful cards here, but I sided with Card C because its edges and surface were flawless.
CARD #131 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

What a great back Curt Warner was. Setting virtually all the Seahawk Rushing records, Like Kraig, he seems to always
be overlooked as one of the Great backs of the 80's. I went with card B and debated on the L/R centering for a long time.
The card was absolutely pristine condition.
CARD #132 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

Another under rated back of the 80's. The Seahawks had a very solid team from what I see in the cards. I will have to go
back and see exactly what there roadblock and downfall was.
Card B with all of it's dead on attributes takes the cake here.
CARD #133 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

I had a very tough call on the Edmond. I really liked the centering on card A the best, but Card B with its brilliant blue color back and
its superior card surface and edges, I had to give it the nod.
CARD #134 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

Maybe its because its a Star card, but I just can't seem to make the call on the Largent Card. All three are beautiful cards, but I can't
help but think I can find a "perfect" one.
CARD #135 HAS BEEN REJECTED

Card B hit the walk off homerun here. Its centering was the deceiding factor.
CARD #136 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED.

In addition to a HOF reciever(Largent), Curt Warner/John L. Williams and now one of the best kickers in the league, Im really
getting more curious as to what happen to this Seattle Team. Was it Krieg making untimely mistakes?
The Beautiful sharp shinning Card B was the keeper here.
CARD #137 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

A quality Punter as well, What happend to Seattle in 1987? Card B out distantanced the others here.
CARD #138 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

Absolutely killer cards here, but I don't like the "Border haze" on them. Im not sure what the cause of the haze is
in the printing process, but it seems like some of the deepest darkest colored card always have it. Im not sure the TPGers
even acknowledge this as a flaw, but it bothers me enough to make them unacceptable.
CARD #139 HAS BEEN REJECTED

And now a franchise defensive player is added to the mix. Again I need to check the Seahwak history to see what happend.
As for the cards, All very nice indeed, but I couldn't get past the centering on them.
CARD #140 HAS BEEN REJECTED

Now this is more like it! Absolutely stunning cards! All three were keepers and after much debate I sided with Card C.
CARD #141 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

More Killer cards here! Although Card C was outted for its lack of the bright blue colored back. Card B edged out Card A
due to its flawless surface.
CARD #142 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

And the beat rolls on! Goregeous cards again! Card B had everything and just jumped out at you. Now we've added
an All-Pro linebacker to the Seahawk team. Hmmmm?
CARD #143 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

I guess all good things come to an end. While all the Bosworths are super nice cards, The one I wanted was Card A and the centering
on the back is keeping it out of reach. Did Bo Jackson end his career before it even started with that hit he put on the Bos?
CARD #144 HAS BEEN REJECTED

Card B is a stunning example! it was the easy choice and the other two cards were no sloutchs. which brings me to this
point. We now added an All-Pro Saftey to the Seahawk defense.
CARD #145 HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

John
All American Hobbies Online Store

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man! I could only wish I had that type of raw determination and passion about the cards I collected when I was into it, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with this conquest!

Talk to Publius I believe he also shares the same goal with the '88's He might have some extras hanging around..
  • Options
    What are you going to do with the extras?
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay
  • Options
    Very Cool!

how nice are your Spidey's?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>Man! I could only wish I had that type of raw determination and passion about the cards I collected when I was into it, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with this conquest!

Talk to Publius I believe he also shares the same goal with the '88's He might have some extras hanging around.. >>

I just LOVE the CARDS! I always have every since I was a kid swapping with my cousin and school friends. I sell some here and there, But its never been about money. Mainly helps feed the collecting need for other cards I HAVE to have.

Now let me see, IF Publius shares the same goal with the 88's and has extras hanging around that means he choose another card over those extras. One he thought was better than those extras. Seems that would be the card I would be fishing for. LOL

John
  • Options

<< <i>What are you going to do with the extras? >>

Of course I will offer some as trade bait for cards I need.

I'll assemble 5-6 of the highest possible grade sets for my Unisquare Store or Ebay and pitch some of the higher grade extras that I feel would bring a 9,10 grade to the possible TPGer Registry collectors. I doubt I would send any amount in for grading, But I might send a few just for fun.

The higher grade Set I'll assemble will also come with some of the original wrappers and boxes.

I could also help fill some want lists.

John

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. That is awesome seeing this set organized like that. Cant wait to see it all done!
  • Options

<< <i>Very Cool!

how nice are your Spidey's? >>

Spidey's ? As in Amazing, Spectacular, Web of?

Kinda caught me out topic here, Ive got a lot of nice Spidey's

Ive got about a 10,000 book comic collection that Ive been meaning to get some scans of, but I always seem to be buried in 1988 Topps Football cards! LOL

I do have a few up on ebay including a big run of Web of Spiderman. All are one owner books.

Spiderman

Mostly late 70's Early 80's stuff. I would like to get some Marvel and DC titles up in my Unisquare Store at some point.

John
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Nice John....very cool set & looks like a lot of fun!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    You know what is sad? Kids who have been collecting new cards for the past 15 years or so will likely never have the same kind of memories and passion for a card design/year, as today's card designs lack creativity and don't vary much from year to year. They are also too plastic-like (they don't feel like a "card") and the regular cards that make up the "set" are always overshadowed by a gimmick parallel or insert set. The companies have totally killed the appeal, passion and collectability.
  • Options
    Beautiful set. Good luck on finishing a high grade set!
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to send the set in for grading once you've found the best example of each? Isn't that an expensive endeavor at $10/card?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    Very cool post John. Thank you so much. It's your posts and MattyC's that keep me coming back here. Can't wait to see you progress in your quest.
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you going to send the set in for grading once you've found the best example of each? Isn't that an expensive endeavor at $10/card? >>

John's a raw card guy. He said he was only going to send a few in for grading just for fun.
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options

<< <i>Are you going to send the set in for grading once you've found the best example of each? Isn't that an expensive endeavor at $10/card? >>

Now thats funny!!! Especially after I break out the PSA 10 John Elway I have on the way(If it cuts the mustard when in hand) UPDATE: It failed

While I tinker with a few graded sets its simply not worth it. They are too hard to store and even harder if not impossible to enjoy the cards the
    way they were meant to be. While I can see how it can become addicting, I feel like the whole TPG thing has become kinda corrupt and has less validity than it initially once sought to achive.
    I see the crazy inconsistant grading and the resubbing game and think. "Do I really need to pay some clown who probably just got out of the company New hire
    orientation class on how to be a Proffessional grader to asscess my cards?" Older money cards I can see if one was looking to sell. But 88 Topps Football? NO.

Like MCOLNEY1 said Im pretty much a Raw guy. I may send in a few for fun and to maybe bait the TPG collectors with some nice labels and maybe help fund my venture.

All that matters is weather your having fun and enjoying what your doing with your collection, weather it Raw, graded, Hockey or even GOLF! Its your collection and you don't need to justify it to anybody. Just have fun and enjoy THE CARDS!

I really enjoy scanning and going through all the beautiful cards as much as anything.

Good Day! I'll be continuing the cards later

John
  • Options

<< <i>You know what is sad? Kids who have been collecting new cards for the past 15 years or so will likely never have the same kind of memories and passion for a card design/year, as today's card designs lack creativity and don't vary much from year to year. They are also too plastic-like (they don't feel like a "card") and the regular cards that make up the "set" are always overshadowed by a gimmick parallel or insert set. The companies have totally killed the appeal, passion and collectability. >>

+1 The days of swapping cards with your friends at the playground with a mouthful of gum are never to be again. But they can live on in our memories.

John
  • Options

<< <i>Man! I could only wish I had that type of raw determination and passion about the cards I collected when I was into it, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with this conquest!

Talk to Publius I believe he also shares the same goal with the '88's He might have some extras hanging around.. >>

I think thats twice in a week Paul has mentioned my collecting habits! image I had given that 52 Bowman card to a buddy....

I was really pushing hard on this set about 4 years ago as it was the last set I ever collected as a kid, I bought 50 boxes of wax packs from a guy in Seattle, busted alot of wax, scoured ebay for hours a week, etc. Im pretty sure you have more wax than I ever did, I know I still have about 6 boxes left though.

I havent worked on this set for 2 years, it currently sits at #1, 80% + through, all perfect, all PSA 10's. Shoot me a PM if you want to cut a corner and purchase it from me, I've changed the focus of my collecting and probably will never complete it.

Joe
  • Options
    Joe,

Don't give up NOW!

I personally would not be willing to pay any premiumn prices for Graded set. Especially in PSA slabs. Their grades are just to inconsistant.

I may go for a slabbed 10 here and there if necessary, but the majority of the set I already have based on a more strict grading scale than PSA.

Here is one I just got that I rejected for my set:

Front looks good, but the back is o/c and not the bright blue version I require.
    Its my own fault I should have requested to see the back of the card.
    I also don't like the 3 fish eye print marks on the back.
    If it were a common card I would be a bit more forgiving. but Im insainely brutal on the star cards.

You came so far to stop now!!!! I would hold on to your set and maybe you will see it in a different light as a bit more time passes and
    one day rekindle the fire a complete it.

Regards
    John
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    John,
    You must have OCD to do this set with 50 cards to choose from for each number. I realize half of the cards will be set aside due to print dots or centering, but my eyes would fall of my head if I looked at cards the way you do. I don't collect football cards but if I did I would buy a set from you in a second. Keep on sharing as this is very fun to watch.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>John,
    You must have OCD to do this set with 50 cards to choose from for each number. I realize half of the cards will be set aside due to print dots or centering, but my eyes would fall of my head if I looked at cards the way you do. I don't collect football cards but if I did I would buy a set from you in a second. Keep on sharing as this is very fun to watch.

Shane >>

I don't know how he does it either, I'd go bonkers, more bonkers if I had to look at that many cards with the critical eye he does. Talk about a passion for cards. But I love his posts, folks could learn so much from this man. I don't collect football either but if I did he would be my one and only go to seller.
    Thanks John and keep the posts coming.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time merging three or four complete sets.... I salute this monster wax to perfection effort image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    John good luck with the ultimate set. I know you have tremenduse patients to put this together and it looks like you have plenty of supply to get this done..
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    And then, he will need the perfect sheets and binder to store it. I believe he will get it done. Good luck!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I did this same thing with my 1977 Topps Star Wars set and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I salute you for finding a fun, time consuming hobby that will not break the bank.
    And I loved this set as the last of the stand alone Topps sets - the true end of an era!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Thanks for all the Thumbs up guys!

In reality Ive been doing this kind of crazyiness with all of my Seventies Football sets for decades now.
    While I do still have wantlists for my seventies sets Its getting harder and harder to find any true upgrades.
    And once the wantlists are completed I just go back through the sets and make another one LOL! so it is
    a vicious cycle that never ends, But it sure has been a wonderful and fullfilling hobby for a 7 year old boy in 1970
    until now! The Beat still goes on!

John
  • Options
    Thumbs up to you John. My hat's off to ya. What a study in perseverance in the pursuit of excellence.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I tried to do this with 81 Topps Baseball and ended up crying on my bathroom floor.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Did you notice your Montana card "A" has a print defect in the "D" of Record on the front. Glad you didn't select that one ;-)
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you notice your Montana card "A" has a print defect in the "D" of Record on the front. Glad you didn't select that one ;-) >>

Not to mention O/C L/R and has some touch on the reverse of the upper right corner. Yeah - I could get into this image
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    I just busted the last wax box I had and got 3 of the nicer Bo Jackson to date. Still running the top one through forensics.

It will likely fail the test though.

MORGOTH.... I may end up in the fetal postion as well LOL

CANJOND & BURKE23

CANJOND wins the Prize! Good eye guys. Thats why I post em. The more eyes to help spot the evil flaws the better!
    The o/c is the easy part. corners and those pesky little print flaws can be the challenge.
    Canjond that is NOT a print flaw. I placed that flaw on there in paint shop pro just to see if anyone was going
    keep my honest. You reached for the brass ring and won.

I tried to get a few more cards up, but after busting the other wax box I had to stop and take the time to do the tedious task of sorting
    and throwing all the junk and stained cards out as well as checking the "Keepers" against the rest of my stock.

John
  • Options
    More Cards Up.

I may have to edited out some of the earlier pictures if I start to get too many scans in the thread and it
    becomes slow loading.

John
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    This is a great thread. Imagine if you tried to do a thorough vetting of every card for a 60's set?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    So whats hiding in that box marked Spiderman?
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I also love this set. If any cello pack buster comes across a cello pack with a Neal Anderson RC on top I would love to own it. Thanks!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options

<< <i>This is a great thread. Imagine if you tried to do a thorough vetting of every card for a 60's set? >>

Im willing to go through it if someone wants to sent me the product. LOL

John
  • Options

<< <i>So whats hiding in that box marked Spiderman? >>

Why Spiderman of coarse.

I have about 10,000 comic books. I think that box has a complete run of "Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman" in it
    I also have a large run of "Amazing Spiderman" A few Early Issues, but mostly 70's, 80's
    Lots of Todd McFarlane Spidermans.

I have a large run of "Web of Spiderman" up on ebay
    Web of Spiderman Ebay

Some McFarlanes as well
    Todd McFarlane Spiderman Ebay

If I ever get unburied from all these 1988 Topps football cards I plan on listing some more of these comics in my Unisquare Store. I just seem to
    never be unburied! LOL

John
  • Options

<< <i>I also love this set. If any cello pack buster comes across a cello pack with a Neal Anderson RC on top I would love to own it. Thanks! >>

I got one with the Neil Anderson Rookie on the bottom.

John
  • Options
    UPDATE ALERT! UPDATE ALERT!

I will be able to check the Jerry Rice Record Breaker card off the list.

This 10 did pass the test! Awesome card can't wait to crack it out!

EDIT: High to Low in about 30 seconds. Card had a big "fish eye" on the left side border. I couldn't see it through the slab.
    Once cracked it was the first thing I noticed when the light hit the surface. While it is a goregeous card, the slightly o/c card I sought
    to replace is nicer in everyway other than the centering. Does GEM Mint 10 not imply perfect? The inconsistant PSA grading on these is really bothersome.

John
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Rice! image
  • Options
    More Cards evaluated.

In order to help with load time I have taken the photos of some of the Earlier evaluated cards down.

They have been replaced with small pics of the "SET SO FAR"

John
  • Options
    OK Ive changed things around so that hopefully the thread don't get bogged down with too many scans.

First you will see the Rejected card list and the cards I need.

Next you will be taken to the "Set so Far"

And the next section will be "Latest Cards Evaluated"
    I will leave the Latest cards evaluated up for awhile and then eventually
    move them into the "Set so Far" before continuing with the Latest Cards to be Evaluated.

While Ive pulled many "dogs" that I throw in the trash, Ive been also pulling some absolutely amazing cards.

Weather it wears me down before getting through all 398 cards is yet to be determined. LOL

John
  • Options
    New cards up

Montana, Young, Rice, Pat Swilling and Neil Anderson Rookies

John

• Options
    New Cards Coming soon
  • Options

<< <i>New Cards Coming soon >>

TEASE!!!
  • Options
    My Apologies HALLCO

NOW THEIR UP!

Unisquare Online Auction Store

John
  • Options
    JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I love this set. These were the first football cards I ever bought. I remember busting into that box like it was yesterday. My favorite card is Bernie Kosar #86.

Best of luck!

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options

<< <i>My Apologies HALLCO

NOW THEIR UP! >>

image Beautiful cards John!!!! image This is going to be an incredible group of cards!
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Awesome set and thread, John! It's been a great read - I just got caught up with everything. Good luck with the rest of the set!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Hey John, just got this back..

• Options
    OOOOOOOOOO! Scottie! Thats a beauty! A hint off T/B (I know Im nit picking)

How does the back look? Did you sub the card? Any surface flaws?

I see lots of "10s" out there. Either I am having the absolute worst luck in the world pulling the BO from all the product Ive opened.

or

My expectations of what a "10" is must be higher than most of the grading companies out there.

I have pulled at least 40 Bo Jackson, some very nice. I just can't seem to pull "The One" The 9,10 grade is basically the same to me. On any given day

they grade them the opposite. Thats why I wish I could pull the card myself. Then I could accurately asscess the card myself and not have to play the guessing
    game with TPGers.

John

Unisquare Online Auction Store
  • Options
    Adding more review cards

John
This discussion has been closed.