Home U.S. Coin Forum

Most unjust feedback youve ever gotten?

I saw this while looking at a seller selling a fake coin earlier. Its funny how bad feedbacks are so often for cheap items.

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone dinged me for less than 5 stars on the postage category. I charge exact postage (maybe round for the pennies) and do not force buyers into the expensive small package category if I can get away with the much cheaper non-machineable first class.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like ebay buyers are - at least some segment -like social media keyboard commandos.... just fire away with no fear of reprisal.... Glad I am not a seller.... Cheers, RickO

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had many negs for declaring the proper value on customs documents (all removed), along with a few outright lies (some removed, some not). I don't remember many, but I'm torn between these two:

Got a neg on a multi-hundred dollar coin because it was counterfeit. Buyer never emailed me nor made any attempt to return the coin after taking a huge loss, but did leave the neg. As you can guess, it was genuine.

Got 11 (or was it 13?) negs from a buyer who was mad that I blocked him on a different account after he kept retracting bids (he had over 1000 retractions in a few months). He won a ton of items, used a different address, then filed SNAD on everything and left negs (called the raw coins counterfeit--"fack" as he put it) and the certified ones some other lie. After a lot of time with eBay and realizing his new address was a mile from the old one and the language of his feedback matched the blocked account, all the feedback and the SNAD cases went away.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way back in the wild frontier days of eBay (1998) I bought a $5 Indian from a seller in Canada. When I got the coin, it was really, really polished. Like jeweler's rouge polished to a bright mirror shine. I emailed the seller and asked for a refund, which he was very happy to provide. So I shipped the coin back to Canada. And then no refund. After a couple of weeks, I spent the $ to call Canada and speak with him. He admitted the coin had arrived and a refund would be coming. But nothing. Called him back the next week. And he kind of laughed and shrugged it off. He kept the coin, kept the money. Last I ever heard from him. Except when he gave me a neutral.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would plate fake gold. I have gold for plating. If you ever need a good plating, send it my way.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 2:29PM

Back when I was selling thousands of men's suits with free U.S. shipping on Amazon. An order from Little Diomede Island village was placed. I explained to the customer that we won't be able to ship there and he left me 3 stars.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three days after a delivery I got a neg.....Went back and looked at the PO info and saw that it was signed for but when challenged the seller said that it wasn't his signature. After a day or two of communication with his very small town PO found that indeed it was not his signature but that of his neighbors (2 miles down the road during harvest time). He went down and got the package and I expected a reversal but after a week there was none. Spoke to ebay and pled "what did I do wrong?". Got the neg removed.

Small PO's are something else it seems. Postmaster said that 80% of the town and surrounding area were all related. Put the zip on my do not ship to list if I have to deal with these folks.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

Small PO's are something else it seems. Postmaster said that 80% of the town and surrounding area were all related.

I can almost hear the banjo music from "Deliverance".

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@AUandAG said:

Small PO's are something else it seems. Postmaster said that 80% of the town and surrounding area were all related.

I can almost hear the banjo music from "Deliverance".

Yeah, me too. I guess farming communities are that way as the kids just hang around the farm/town.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

@Stooge said:
    He also gave me a bunch of advice on how to set up my eBay sell page, how I should package my coins and the shipping time.

He has since been blocked.

This is one of those things that can be good or bad. When I was starting out, a buyer of a paper note explained that I needed to reinforce the package to prevent it from getting bent. Since I sell mostly coins, it hadn't occurred to me (and I thought the mailer was pretty stiff), but I appreciated the heads up and have been following that advice ever since. Of course, I've also had buyers who have no idea what they're doing more forcefully tell me how to do things, and I don't appreciate them all that much.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:

@Stooge said:
    He also gave me a bunch of advice on how to set up my eBay sell page, how I should package my coins and the shipping time.

He has since been blocked.

This is one of those things that can be good or bad. When I was starting out, a buyer of a paper note explained that I needed to reinforce the package to prevent it from getting bent. Since I sell mostly coins, it hadn't occurred to me (and I thought the mailer was pretty stiff), but I appreciated the heads up and have been following that advice ever since. Of course, I've also had buyers who have no idea what they're doing more forcefully tell me how to do things, and I don't appreciate them all that much.

His buyer was mad he packaged it too well though! :D

@Alltheabove76 said:
    His buyer was mad he packaged it too well though! :D

To be fair, I have told people before that they've gone too far. I try to be constructive, but occasionally I'll get a shipment where I might spend 30-60 seconds per coin, and when there are 10-50 of them, that really adds up. The issue there is that sometimes a lot of extra hassle doesn't mean any actual gain in package security.

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liars are the most galling to me. Buyer stated in feedback that he received item but I was not honoring the terms of sale. The truth is I never sent the item to him because he didn't send me payment! I really don't understand how some can bear to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1874 said:
    Liars are the most galling to me. Buyer stated in feedback that he received item but I was not honoring the terms of sale. The truth is I never sent the item to him because he didn't send me payment! I really don't understand how some can bear to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning.

Is it possible that the buyer was involved in multiple concurrent eBay transactions and was just confusing your transaction with someone elses?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy who opened a case claiming I cleaned a coin and then returned it gave me a "5 star ebayer" feedback.

Collector, occasional seller

• drfishdrfish Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭

My only negative out of 1300 feedback (and probably 1700 transactions as so many leave no feedback) A few years ago when the First Spouse “Liberties” were hot, I purchased a Jackson Ms in OGP in an eBay auction at a decent price. When I recieved it the coin was in my opinion obviously not going to 70. So when I got an eBay offer to list at discounted FVF, I relisted on eBay at a BIN now price equal to NGC 69s with good photos (that clearly showed the scuff I thought would preclude a 70). My description was Jackson ms Liberty in OGP, please see photos and email with any questions. No hype, no claims the coin was fresh. A buyer messaged me and offered less, more in line with a 68. He did not ask any questions. With the cheap FVF , I accepted and shipped that day Priority mail. 3 days later he leaves me a negative with the comment - “ Seller obviously removed coin from its capsule”. EBay wouldnt remove the negative and the buyer never replied to my messages. I guess he expected a 70 for 68 money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file