Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CoinNews.Net: "US Mint Gold Coin Prices May Rise Wed., May 30"

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 29, 2018 6:55PM in U.S. Coin Forum

US Mint Gold Coin Prices May Rise Wed., May 30

by CoinNews.net on May 29, 2018

CoinNews photo of two 2018-W $5 Breast Cancer Awareness Gold Coins (Proof and Uncriculated, Obverses). These and other U.S. Mint gold coins may see price increases on Wednesday, May 30

The United States Mint on Wednesday, May 30, could increase prices on its suite of collector gold coins. The decision is looking to be a close call, potentially hinging on less than a dollar of movement in gold prices.

The U. S. Mint’s numismatic gold coins have prices that can change weekly based on the trending value of gold as compared against its 2018 pricing matrix. Less than a week ago, on May 23, the agency reduced its prices when gold slipped to within $1,250 to $1,299.99 an ounce. The precious metal has since trended above $1,300 an ounce, although not by much. It’s currently trading at $1,300.70.

If Wednesday’s LBMA gold price in the AM is above $1,293.76 an ounce and then in the PM it is over $1,299.99 an ounce, then prices of U.S. collector gold coins will climb by as much as $50 for every ounce of the precious metal they contain.

The following table summarizes the U.S. Mint’s current and possible gold coin pricing.

Past adjustments have tended to happen on Wednesdays at around 2:00 p.m. ET. This article will get updated with what actually happens.

http://www.coinnews.net/2018/05/29/us-mint-gold-coin-prices-may-rise-wed-may-30/

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Expensive bullion.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

They remain a good aftermarket play with some patience and delayed gratification.
    I was able to pick up a 1 and 1/2 ounce Gold American eagle set, via Bullion dealer, from an earlier year very near spot.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they have to do something to make up for declining sales

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes !!! :s

Timbuk3
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to buy these from the mint. Just wait a year or so, you can typically get any of these commems at spot. Back date proof or unc eagles just over spot price.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If collecting mint issues, you pay the premium...... If stacking gold, it can be found near melt most of the time. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Correct Ricko...The easy salad days of yore where grabbing Mint products and getting a return are largely pase. I am content now waiting and getting what I want later as even slabbed will often be significantly less than the Mint premium.
    I pity the poor collectors that purchase directly from the Mint For the high-priced bullion products.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 4:52PM
  • Options

Arghhhh, GB. My 1 ounce and a half ounce gold proof set from 1987 recently purchased for $2000 I got from bay precious metals is looking very sweet.
    I would be adding $1100 for the quarter and tenth.

Albeit, 31 years newer!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file