Home Q & A Forum
Options

Is it possible to have foreign coins graded by PCGS?

I have a commemorative 2015 2 euro coin, and it hasn’t seen the light of day, and has been kept in two layers of baggage, one hard plastic case and a soft plastic baggie. It’s close to perfect condition, so I want to get it graded. Does PCGS do non-American coins?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

yes but is this coin even worth the price of submitting? Submitting is like $20 or so

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I see wear marks, was this in circulation? If so, condition would prevent a high grade unless there are errors present. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see on the home page of the PCGS Population Report all the kinds of coins, U.S. and foreign, that they have graded.

(https://www.pcgs.com/pop/worldcoins "https://pcgs.com/pop/uscoins")

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how it could possibly be worth it to slab it unless it is rare. I can see all sorts of defects on it. You would get a far superior example from a Mint set, but I still don't think that is worth grading either.

Also, you need to consider ALL the fees - invoice fee, grading/slabbing fee, and return shipping.