Home Precious Metals

Gold tv

SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turn on AHC now.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a wild guess, but I am probably too late.... What was it about?? Cheers, RickO

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very historical documentary. How much gold has been mined, it's worth,, Nazi gold. Depositories in US and overseas. How governments and banks try to hold the price down. How gold secrets are more sensitive than nuclear secrets. Lots of info. They will probably rerun it, if so worth a look.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine has a black screen

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of the info on the show looked like stuff the banks and govt. may prefer not be made public. I was surprised at some of it being on tv.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3

Interesting...I do not watch much TV, but when I do sit down, I will scan for that one. Cheers, RickO

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018 9:03AM

Reminds me of a true story involving South African gold Krugerrands, a television, and a fire.
    About 9 years ago when I purchased a coin shop, a fellow entered one morning and asked me if I wanted to buy his gold Krugerrands. He said he had 2 of them.

I told him I would be happy to purchase them, but I needed to see them. That's when he said, "Well, I have a bit of a problem there ", to which I responded : "What's that ? " He proceeded to tell me that the Krug's were on the top of his television and he had a fire. He said the gold coins "melted into the TV".
    I did not mean to anger him when I said, "Well sir, I'm sorry.... I don't buy used TV's."
    He stormed out and I never thought about it again until I read this thread title. Thanks. It was a good memory.

@TwoSides2aCoin.... :D:D I think I remember you telling that story here before... or maybe on the coin forum. Good story though... Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭