Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Contents of Banquet Souvenir Envelopes for the 2000 ANA in Philly - NEED HELP

At the 2000 ANA Convention Banquet in Philadelphia, attendees received a large, silver-star-sized sealed envelope of items courtesy of the Red Rose Coin Club in Lancaster, PA.

I need assistance in knowing what's exactly inside those envelopes because I do not want to open them. I know the RRCC had elongated coin sets made and placed into cellophane packaging consistent with Mint Sets available at the show, so that maybe perhaps one of the items.

You can send me a PM or reply. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Greg

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@halfcentman said:
    At the 2000 ANA Convention Banquet in Philadelphia, attendees received a large, silver-star-sized sealed envelope of items courtesy of the Red Rose Coin Club in Lancaster, PA.

I need assistance in knowing what's exactly inside those envelopes because I do not want to open them. I know the RRCC had elongated coin sets made and placed into cellophane packaging consistent with Mint Sets available at the show, so that maybe perhaps one of the items.

You can send me a PM or reply. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Greg

An ex-President of the RRCC posts on Coin Talk. Post this over there and I'm sure he'll pop up with an answer.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018 11:35AM

@halfcentman said:

I think one of the contents was a fluffy little kitten. Ooops. Should have opened it promptly.... :o

It sounds like you have multiples - how about you crack one open and tell us what's inside? :p

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope they used pre 82 cents.

• Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@halfcentman said:

I think one of the contents was a fluffy little kitten. Ooops. Should have opened it promptly.... :o

It sounds like you have multiples - how about you crack one open and tell us what's inside? :p

Yes I do, and I want to keep both of them sealed.

• Options

An ex-President of the RRCC posts on Coin Talk. Post this over there and I'm sure he'll pop up with an answer.

Thanks. Will do.

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

What is inside the envelope is a dark green card with a window cut into it, with a (should be) Proof like Bronze medal which the Red Rose Coin Club has Produced since 1966, Yours would contain one with Harriet Lane the niece of President James Buchanan who resided in Lancaster, Pa. (Home to Red Rose CC) she was the Unofficial "First Lady" since James was not Married during his term in office. It was a product of the Keystone Mint. I Hope this helps.

• Options

@1Bufffan said:
    What is inside the envelope is a dark green card with a window cut into it, with a (should be) Proof like Bronze medal which the Red Rose Coin Club has Produced since 1966, Yours would contain one with Harriet Lane the niece of President James Buchanan who resided in Lancaster, Pa. (Home to Red Rose CC) she was the Unofficial "First Lady" since James was not Married during his term in office. It was a product of the Keystone Mint. I Hope this helps.

THANK YOU

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Your more than welcome, I'm glad to help out.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do these 'envelopes' sell for a premium unopened? Just curious as to why you are intent on them remaining sealed... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Do these 'envelopes' sell for a premium unopened? Just curious as to why you are intent on them remaining sealed... Cheers, RickO

We are going to find out soon enough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file