Home Precious Metals
Options

Private detectives on tracking down thefts and frauds?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently I inquired on "Thumbtack" which popped up as a resource to track down a deadbeat. The following PI's were quite responsive and helpful on remedies at their disposal: "Blackhorse Investigations"; W.I.N. Detective Agency; Cal State Recovery; Gryphon Consulting Services; all were eager to help me collect against the deadbeat with varying methods and costs. Finally one of them offered to run the search at cost, $35, which turned up the deadbeat's current address, phone, email, and isp. That in tandem with Legal Shield at under $20 a month, you can at least get some action on these cases. And professional costs can usually be tacked on to the deadbeat's bill.

Has anyone here used a PI on getting justice?

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not I :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not, however, I know of someone who has. The results were excellent. Also, they can often find information regarding issues of legal importance. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 11:02AM

That was a great show growing up......

edited to remove unnecessary content

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

That was a great show growing up......

edited to remove unnecessary content

i liked his car that he used in the show to. jmo

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the tone please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would look for a sharp PI/gumshoe if I were the victim of a theft, trying to find someone who would work on contingency, hitting all the likely fencing places and keep up the heat on perpetrators until the crime was solved. The police on the other hand often don't have the motivation to solve theft crimes as they get paid whether they solve them or not.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

I'm all over the metv and decades channels . Rockford , wild wild west lately , andy griffith, the rifleman , A team .

If they put streets of san francisco on I'm watching. I watched a marathon of the saint a few weeks ago.

If you haven't seen it in 40 years its as good as new

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

I'm all over the metv and decades channels . Rockford , wild wild west lately , andy griffith, the rifleman , A team .

If they put streets of san francisco on I'm watching. I watched a marathon of the saint a few weeks ago.

If you haven't seen it in 40 years its as good as new

I used his voice message in my words a time or 2.