Home Precious Metals
Options

how long has provident been selling on ebay?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to remember a long time ago they were but stopped doing so.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/providentmetals/m.html?item=292554324446&hash=item441d98b9de&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

prices seem higher than off ebay . most of the stuff is in bullion also so no ebay bucks yet

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they just changed the logo. It looks a little different

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

they have been a member since 2013 but only have 307 feedback of which 325 were earned in the last 30 days :D

what is that all about? did they have a 0 feedback account lying around dormant or was old feedback removed somehow

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2018 1:34PM

Just started about a month ago. I initially saw some gold 1/10 AGE the day they started listing and they had a message saying seller was away for 2 weeks, 0 feedback etc. I thought it was a scammer trying to act like Provident so I didn't bite. At the time it was the cheapest 1/10ths on ebay. Turns out it really was them. While they have been selling online for years they are new to Ebay. Looks like they created Ebay account years ago but only started selling there recently. April 14th was the day I noticed and at that time they were at 0 feedback.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start of Q2 I believe. I don't like Provident as a company, so I stay away.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:
    Start of Q2 I believe. I don't like Provident as a company, so I stay away.

Why? I've bought from them several times without any problems.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

They regularly sell items they don't have possession of, so it takes significantly longer to get items if you buy something that is out of stock.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/comex-suspends-registration-of-elemetal-gold-silver-in-wake-of-federal-probe/

Elemental is the parent company of Provident. I'd rather not do business with a company that knowingly does shady stuff.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/979277/serious-problem-at-elemetal/p1

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought many times over the years from Provident with no issue.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018 10:36AM

@ShadyDave said:
    They regularly sell items they don't have possession of, so it takes significantly longer to get items if you buy something that is out of stock.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/comex-suspends-registration-of-elemetal-gold-silver-in-wake-of-federal-probe/

Elemental is the parent company of Provident. I'd rather not do business with a company that knowingly does shady stuff.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/979277/serious-problem-at-elemetal/p1

Your link from silverdoctors is dated & was fully discussed by this forum about one year ago.

Elemental WAS part of their company ( I believe a subsidiary)...btw Elemental is out of business and has been for over one year. Usually their web site will indicate whether it's out of stock or a pre-sale item. I've dealt with them for over 10 years w/o ever having a problem in either buying or selling.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

I also have bought many items over many years from Provident and have had no issues.
    I never buy from APMEX after what they did to customers with the ATB fiasco years ago...really put it to consumers.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Provident is my first choice for silver bullion and 90% junk silver

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been loving Provident long time. They have been an excellent supplier for me for American Eagles at a dollar over spot and the predator series and the queen beasts series, etc.....

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    PeacePeoplePeacePeople Posts: 106 ✭✭

I've dealt with Provident for about 10 years and never had any issues. Even when the Elemetal fiasco was going on I ordered from them an had no issues what so ever.

It's amazing to me that people will make a judgement without first hand knowledge.

Nevermind...