Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Cross and Gregg Bingham Inducted Purdue Hall Of Fame

AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 14, 2018 5:26PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This just back from crossing... Gold Shield a Gold CAC... :) A wonderful 1904-O and one of my favorite Morgans... I had acquired it some years back from a member on the board bestclser1 whom purchased it originally from Greg Bingham a former 12 year NFL player... I had spoken to Gregg several times regarding this 1904-O and it was one of his favorites and he had named it "Gasoline Alley"... It`s fitting and I have kept that name for it...
Just recently Gregg was inducted into the Purdue Hall Of Fame and for those that are interested below is the link and starts at 31.46 minutes... He makes mention to his coin collecting at the ceremony... AB
https://www.facebook.com/purduesports/videos/10155621295688129/UzpfSTg4ODM5MTk3NzkxMTQxNDoxOTEwNTQ3NDQ1Njk1ODU3/?multi_permalinks=1910547445695857&notif_id=1526274756182630&notif_t=group_activity

"Gasoline Alley"

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

About time!! Congrats G Man!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know, when you see him at shows, he just LOOKS like a linebacker!

Congrats on the coin! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to here it. Gregg was a valued contributor to the forum.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the name. Love the coin. Gold on gold is good!

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin definitely fits your username!

@AuroraBorealis said:
    This just back from crossing... Gold Shield a Gold CAC... :) A wonderful 1904-O and one of my favorite Morgans... I had acquired it some years back from a member on the board bestclser1 whom purchased it originally from Greg Bingham a former 12 year NFL player... I had spoken to Gregg several times regarding this 1904-O and it was one of his favorites and he had named it "Gasoline Alley"... It`s fitting and I have kept that name for it...
    Just recently Gregg was inducted into the Purdue Hall Of Fame and for those that are interested below is the link and starts at 31.46 minutes... He makes mention to his coin collecting at the ceremony... AB
    https://www.facebook.com/purduesports/videos/10155621295688129/UzpfSTg4ODM5MTk3NzkxMTQxNDoxOTEwNTQ3NDQ1Njk1ODU3/?multi_permalinks=1910547445695857&notif_id=1526274756182630&notif_t=group_activity

"Gasoline Alley"

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the upgrade! Gregg is a class act. "The big man", although he calls others "big man".

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you and that`s a beauty and matches the sky... Nice waterway!

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a cool coin, I have seen it a few times though the years. A FUN one to remember. I remember bestclser1 and DeFalco looking at it at my table at Long Beach years ago.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to bestclser1? Bammed or gone? I enjoyed his posts.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the reverse on that 1904O Wayne.... :D;) .... Just teasing... That sure does fit your collection... Congrats on the cross and the gold bean... Cheers, RickO

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Rick glad you like it... Typical for and EOR with very little or no toning on the down side...

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2018 2:37PM

RE: Purdue Hall Of Fame.

So was Johnny Purdue (nephew of Frank Purdue of Salisbury, Md). I did not know that football players also worked in the chicken business.

But - never heard of a football player and chicken grower named "New Cross." Sorry.

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2018 7:06PM

What a lovely coin! It looks 67+ all day long, and the gold confirms it.

• Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite 1904-O toned Morgan.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, thank you for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice for Gregg. Well deserved.

I've talked to him about my book project.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file