Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS : Topps Tiffany Entire Collection (84-91) Sealed!

rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

Well folks..I have the ultimate Topps Tiffany Collection. We're talking both the main set and the traded set for every year of production from 84-91. This also includes the 89 and 90 Bowman Tiffany sets as well.

Every set is factory sealed, unopened, and in great shape! Tons of PSA10 potential.

** For most of the years, Topps sealed the sets just with a gold collectible seal. I am in the process of getting these authenticated by BBCE to truly show they've never been opened. The only ones that won't be BBCE authenticated are the last few years Topps used shrink wrap in production. Also both Bowman Tiffany sets are shrink wrapped as well.

With that said, I just wanted to get some dialogue going right now about what offers come to mind potentially. So far I've gotten some lowball offers.

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards! Do you have a general price you are looking for and where are you located?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Still debating pricing to be honest. In Northern Cali (Bay Area).

I will say that I have gotten some pretty lowball offers though. One guy recently wanted to pay under $4K for all 18 sets. That is only an average of $200-250 per set which is laughable. LOL When you take both the rarity of the sets and potential PSA10 value, it needs to be WAY higher than $4000. That's for sure....

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at eBay sold items, the sets can be bought individually for $4750 to $5000. $4000 for all sets in one lot is not that far off.
    James

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember if you are looking to sell on the boards or just off of Ebay, you probably can reduce your price by 10-13% since that is what you are going to get hit for in Ebay/Paypal fees. Not to mention that you will pay that percentage on the amount you charge for shipping as well, if you charge. I try to buy or sell here below what items are selling for on Ebay that way both parties are getting a better deal. If you feel that the sets are worth "WAY" more than the $4k, you probably will need to look at selling them individually. As far as the "potential 10's value", that's a gamble that both the buyer and seller are taking and really doesn't fit into the equation. JMO and best of luck!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

One could always counter-offer...

• Options

I'd say name-calling and hurling insults the way you did was not an appropriate response.

• Options

@RynoGuy2018 said:
    I'd say name-calling and hurling insults the way you did was not an appropriate response.

Confused with this. What name calling and insults are you talking about? I respectively declined that other guy's offer which was made on another site BTW. But I was simply venting here about it.

• Options

Well I sure am glad I didn't make an offer, I was going to offer 2K as my starting point...........lol

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Remember if you are looking to sell on the boards or just off of Ebay, you probably can reduce your price by 10-13% since that is what you are going to get hit for in Ebay/Paypal fees. Not to mention that you will pay that percentage on the amount you charge for shipping as well, if you charge. I try to buy or sell here below what items are selling for on Ebay that way both parties are getting a better deal. If you feel that the sets are worth "WAY" more than the $4k, you probably will need to look at selling them individually. As far as the "potential 10's value", that's a gamble that both the buyer and seller are taking and really doesn't fit into the equation. JMO and best of luck!

Well I do agree that Ebay does have fees. However, the benefit of not using Ebay is avoiding the fees entirely. That means not subtracting what the fees would've been. LOL Otherwise why avoid Ebay in the first place? One guy on another site wanted me to subtract a "10% consignment fee" that an auction house would've charged. But I told him "This would be a private sale, so why would I subtract an auction house fee?" Also I don't think there should be a "lot discount" for buying all the sets as a whole. It should be the sum of all the single set going rates IMO. That's why accepting offers of only $2-4K for all 18 sets would be ridiculously low.

To be honest, I've decided to go the route of an auction house. They work hard to promote and generate buzz because the higher the sale, the more commission they make. Also more serious buyers tend to use auction houses. Overall I'm not expecting some ridiculous sum. But I'm also not willing to accept the price of 2-3 sets for all 18 either.

• Options

I don't have a dog in the fight one way or the other. I was just providing the information since you were attempting to sell them here. My point was if you are wanting to sell here, to make it agreeable to both the buyer and seller. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get $10k for the lot!

• Options

@rdeffley said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Well I do agree that Ebay does have fees. However, the benefit of not using Ebay is avoiding the fees entirely. That means not subtracting what the fees would've been. LOL Otherwise why avoid Ebay in the first place? One guy on another site wanted me to subtract a "10% consignment fee" that an auction house would've charged. But I told him "This would be a private sale, so why would I subtract an auction house fee?" Also I don't think there should be a "lot discount" for buying all the sets as a whole. It should be the sum of all the single set going rates IMO. That's why accepting offers of only $2-4K for all 18 sets would be ridiculously low.

To be honest, I've decided to go the route of an auction house. They work hard to promote and generate buzz because the higher the sale, the more commission they make. Also more serious buyers tend to use auction houses. Overall I'm not expecting some ridiculous sum. But I'm also not willing to accept the price of 2-3 sets for all 18 either.

I completely disagree, I can’t think of a single business where buying a higher quantity doesn’t equate to be charged a lower price.

No you shouldn’t give away 15 sets, but you shouldn’t expect to get the sum of the individual sets either.

Sellers are expected to provide a bulk discount in any business because the buyer is saving you time & hassle by buying everything you have.

There’s no way you don’t know this, I expect you would feel the exact opposite if you were buying all 18 sets from me.

There’s zero chance you’d walk into the purchase and say, “The book value is $10k so here’s your $10k cash in fresh $100 bills.”

But it goes both ways, can’t have your cake & eat it too.

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Auction best way to go.
    Low ball offers and sky high asking prices only cause hard feelings, and if auctioned correctly and eyes drawn, you will get the actual correct price for your run.
    BTW, great collection of sets. Popular and tough to track down individually. Good luck with your sale!

• Options

Being two weeks into the post and still not seeing and asking price I would say it would be wise to go the auction route.

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

1985 base set with Clemens/McGwire/Pucket and the 1986 Traded set with Bonds and the 1991 base set with Chipper are the "heavy hitters" (most expensive). Other years like the 1987 base can be purchased for $125. If all of these could be purchased for $5k on ebay, I'd take a little over $4k and run with it.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options

@jfkheat said:
    Looking at eBay sold items, the sets can be bought individually for $4750 to $5000. $4000 for all sets in one lot is not that far off.
    James

^ This. Ebay completed sales give you the latest and greatest prices for each set. I did the math and got $5,000 for the 18 sets as well.

Adam
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@rdeffley said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Not sure I understand the logic in not negotiating with the buyer looking for a 10% discount to buy off of eBay but readily willing to give an auction house 20% to sell it for you. It doesn't look like this debate is particularly about either math or logic though. Please let us know the auction house when listed for sale I'm interested to watch where this one end up for your take home pay.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2018 8:54AM

@rdeffley said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

The bottom line is what you take home. If you sell something for $100 on Ebay you take home $90. I understand "avoiding" Ebay fees here or other places to maximize your profit, but buyers also can feel like why buy from you OFF Ebay if you are not going to consider fees as well....it goes both ways. You want to sell without fees taking away from your net profit, but what benefit does the buyer get from this? None that I can see.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

Not a big deal but why come on the boards to sell your items and not list a starting point, be willing to negotiate, etc...

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Where ya at OP?

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

From what I heard he looking for $7500

• Options

@jfkheat said:
    From what I heard he looking for $7500

If he throws in a 2nd set of 1984, 1985, and 1991, then the lot would be worth $7,500.

Adam
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

it is way more likely NOT to get a PSA 10 than to get one. After going through 1000's of 1985 topps tiffany cards let me tell you... 10's are rarer than you would think!!

• Options

I'm not going to lie, I NEED to see where the OP ends up placing this with so I can follow the auction. Someone is going to get hit hard by reality. Either the seller or those of us here that think he is wrong. Should be fun. I'll pop a giant bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch!

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I'm not going to lie, I NEED to see where the OP ends up placing this with so I can follow the auction. Someone is going to get hit hard by reality. Either the seller or those of us here that think he is wrong. Should be fun. I'll pop a giant bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch!

I'll join you. I like extra butter on my popcorn

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I sold a Topps Tiffany sealed set run 84-91 - 16 sets - for $4750 a year ago. Sets were very clean. Did not include Bowman sets. Not sure if prices have moved in the last year.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options

@esquiresports said:
    I sold a Topps Tiffany sealed set run 84-91 - 16 sets - for $4750 a year ago. Sets were very clean. Did not include Bowman sets. Not sure if prices have moved in the last year.

I wonder if the OP bought them from you and added the other two sets. We might never know, I think the OP went AWOL.