Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need to spend $305 in e-bucks by 5-2-18 - any suggestions??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bullion?
Real coins?
Tools? :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send them to me. I'll pick something out for you! >:)

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't find something you like, buy bullion. Something liquid.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

$5 US gold commemorative. They often sell near melt.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stack some gold.... always a good place to store cash for later .... and gold is always impressive when stacked. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your bored w bullion really nice PCGS CC Dollar.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    UTTM07UTTM07 Posts: 313 ✭✭

Target gift cards! Then buy eBay gift cards with them!

• Options
    Morpheus1967Morpheus1967 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@UTTM07 said:
    Target gift cards! Then buy eBay gift cards with them!

Do not do this. You can't use ebay gift cards to buy any form of currency or silver. Learned this the hard way.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great patience. Mine are spent immediately. Kick in a few shekels and pick up a rill of SAE's

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gifts for others as it's only 237 days until Christmas ;):D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Silver down around 16. If not get anything other than losing it, by not spending the bucks.. :)

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something for $305. That's a good question.

I'd go for a type coin, in AU.... maybe a half cent, or even some capped bust material in the quarter to half dollar size. Nothing lavish.... just something eye appealing for the grade and price. You know, there is a lot of good stuff out there. You have options..... I'd say all your needs are met. :smile:

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

1/4 oz AGE or a Sovereign?

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got just over $3 in Ebay bucks I need to spend by 05/02. I totally get it. ;)

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ I'm with Elmer.

• Options
    Vonkraut74Vonkraut74 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Sounds like someone is trying to brag about how many eBay bucks they have, because if you have earned 300 eBay bucks, it goes to show you have been purchasing plenty already and don't need help from others

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 10:03AM

@Vonkraut I had a bunch of eBay Bucks because I played the numerous bonus offers in March. By far the most that I have ever had in my seventeen years on eBay for such free money. I'd imagine many of us here did that. The OP's comments are kind of a late follow-up to a flurry of earlier posts here.

But I had my eBay Bucks spent within two hours after receiving them. NOT GONNA LOSE THAT large amount of them!

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how I wind up with duplicates. Finding something I actually need for my collection during the eBay Bucks month is 50/50.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

buy a gift for your wife

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only had about $40 but ended up buying some discounted postage. Nothing fun and makes me look cheap when mailing, but it's always fun to see what comes and save a little money.

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give it away to APMEX, thats what some people here think is the right thing to do.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Buy some 07 and 08 W silver eagles.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2018 8:19PM

Not bragging - recall in March when they were giving 15% kickback - bought some gold for less than spot (net) and some tools - accumulated about $400 in ebucks.

Easy to accumulate at 15%! :+1:

Think I'm going to buy a Festool Vecturo - need it for projects around the cabin. Just holding off to see if there are any last minute ebay rebates being offered tomorrow. :D

Edited for spelling.....

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman You are a brave man. I had far more in eBay Bucks than I ever had before (and I owe some of that to the gentlemen who posted here about the various offers). There is no way I could cut it that close to the wire/ deadline.

• Options
    msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

I usually use the ebay bucks on books or old auction catalogs. Wasn't really finding anything I wanted and then stumbled across a set of the B&M Norweb Collection auction catalogs this afternoon and just bought them.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could buy a couple 1/10 gold eagles certfied ms69 from Modern coin mart but probably need to spend a little over. And those you could later sell for a few bucks less, free money.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I've got just over $3 in Ebay bucks I need to spend by 05/02. I totally get it. ;)

I've got 2.35 left. High rollin.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Festool is a great choice if you don't have an oscillating saw.
    I've had a Fein Multimaster for a decade and it has paid for itself many times over. Makes accurate cuts and lowers stress significantly.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

Done deal - bought the Festool! Looking forward to having fun with it - thanks for the confirmation, Cameonut. :+1:

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:
    Give it away to APMEX, thats what some people here think is the right thing to do.

+1

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the same dilemma...didn't get any ebucks offers the entire time. :(
    I waited until this morning and HAD to spend it...couldn't decide. Bought 1/2oz gold coin....of course, by the time I come home this evening, I see I could have saved $5 more by waiting...as gold dropped between 11am and 4pm. :(

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not understand why you wait, you can spend 'partials' on any purchases until bucks are used up...

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't worry, gold is climbing back up today, and I think we see another e bay promo e bucks offer today also

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file