Options

Deleted

CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 1, 2018 5:44AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Deleted

Comments

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Can't read it, but I know from experience that their checks always arrive lightning fast and are always good!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018 10:45AM

@RogerB said:
    Jed Clampett ?

Maybe closer to the truth than you suspect. Ebsen was a founder of the Beverly Hills Coin club.

""Buddy Ebsen (April 2, 1908- July 6, 2003) was known as an American dancer and actor and performed in many different American productions over his seven-decade career. However more than anything he was known for his role as the star of The Beverly Hillbillies, the 1960Õs television show. Although most people as a performer mainly knew him, to many he was considered to be an extremely prolific collector and is one of the most popular celebrity coin collectors of all time.""

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a cool signature to me.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

at least its signed, umm fwiw i guess.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like my doctor.

• Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's even worse than mine. which is saying something.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decrypting The Zodiac's messages was easier as this check might have been signed by foot & not by hand?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018 1:34PM

@Coinstartled said:

@RogerB said:
    Jed Clampett ?

Maybe closer to the truth than you suspect. Ebsen was a founder of the Beverly Hills Coin club.

""Buddy Ebsen (April 2, 1908- July 6, 2003) was known as an American dancer and actor and performed in many different American productions over his seven-decade career. However more than anything he was known for his role as the star of The Beverly Hillbillies, the 1960Õs television show. Although most people as a performer mainly knew him, to many he was considered to be an extremely prolific collector and is one of the most popular celebrity coin collectors of all time.""

I liked him in Disney's Davy Crocket series. :)

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carl LaFong!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018 3:02PM

RE: "I liked him in Disney's Davy Crockett series."

The actor who played the coon skin cap was really good! I think CaptHenway just mentioned him. He was from Philadelphia, I think.... or was that the kumquat salesman?

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

That signature looks Stormy. :p

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    RE: "I liked him in Disney's Davy Crockett series."

The actor who played the coon skin cap was really good! I think CaptHenway just mentioned him. He was from Philadelphia, I think.... or was that the kumquat salesman?

The coonskin cap was played by Charles Bogle. The actor UNDER the coonskin cap was Fess Parker as Davy Crockett.

Buddy Ebsen played his sidekick, Chong.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Where was Cheech? Or was LaFong, Chong? Will they ever 'fess' up?

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter said the other day she noticed “both you and Mom just scribble your names on CC receipts” I said, even sometimes I write short messages on them! I followed with, they just want to know you touched it I guess, prob a hyphen or an X would do.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cy Twombly?

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna guess that's NOT John Hancock.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Related to Jack Lew?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang.. .I missed it and no one posted a screenshot.... :s Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad the signature was deleted. I wouldn't want my signature put out there if I could help it.
    (It was interesting to see though)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

The signature has probably already been copied and added to some fake checks.

Look out for a burst of false checks.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next up : Bobble-head dolls for trolls.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

:( Missed another one.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those that didn't see the original signature didn't miss much.

Imagine for a moment what a slinky would look like if put in the dryer for about 10 minutes.
    It would look like the deleted signature.........

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file