Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dimeman's Central States show report......better late than never.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

As usual I drove my van with 5 other friends up to Chicago for the show. We can this our annual trip to he__! Don't like Chicago area at all! But the parking is great. Rant over.

We got to the show about 11:30 Thursday. First thing I did was make a list of my favorite dealers. Then went to pick up a coin from David Kahn that he brought for me. This was a real nice 1908-S Barber Dime PCGS58. Then went to see Ian and pick up a coin I had won in the GC auction...a 1950 Quarter PCGS66. The started going up and down the rows looking at any tables with coin that were in my collecting area. I found several Mercury Dime varieties, but none that I didn't already have in the same grade or better. I did come across a 1943-S DDO FS-101 PCGS64 that I liked and wanted for my Variety Type Set. I took a note and put down where it was and checked it out that night.

Friday I finished walking the floor and found two nice Washington Quarters that I liked very much so I bought them. The 1941-D PCGS66 CAC and the 1937-D PCGS65. These are shown in a thread I posted this morning. I then went back and bought the 1943-S DDO101 for my Variety Type Set which I will do a thread later. I took the 3 Quarters and Lincoln Cent to John (messydesk) to get pics done. John did a great job as usual. I then went to the PCGS table and submitted 10 coins for attribution.

Towards the end of the day I got a call on my cell from Mark (justcommeman) and he said we could meet at the entrance. We had a great time talking coins and sports (mostly sports) for probably 20 minutes or so before he had to leave.

I also got to visit with many members including Bigdawgie. Also talked for probably a half hour or more with David Perkins at his table. He is a great guy and it is amazing how we agree on so many things concerning coins.

Had a great show.......sorry for the long ramble. :)

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file