Home Sports Talk
Options

Have you been to a major league sporting event this year?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

None here.

Comments

• Options

I'll go see Alice Cooper again if he comes through town. That doesn't really count.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not this calendar year

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope and don't plan to ever again.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does women's mud wrestling at the nudie bar count?

• Options

Only Jello.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

is that still a thing? or are you posting from 1988 ? :D

• Options

Last major league game was 1994, Tigers vs Seattle in Detroit. Pizza guy number two had recently bought the team and sold a ton of season tickets. Tigers weren't doing to well so as walk ups we figured to get some good seats. We ended up with dreck and at least half the decent seats were empty.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will do a Yankee game by July...

...once had a partial season ticket package. Try to do one a year now...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

is that still a thing? or are you posting from 1988 ? :D

Good things never go out of style. ;)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to the Yankees Game tomorrow. My company has Legends seats. I wont spend a penny. It’s literally the only thing that would make me go

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Going to the Yankees Game tomorrow. My company has Legends seats. I wont spend a penny. It’s literally the only thing that would make me go

m

Give my best to Laura!

;)

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Give my best to Laura!

;)

That’s funny! Not those kind of Legend seats ; )

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

UGA/Bama champ game.
    Atlanta/Washington baseball game.
    Atlanta United season tickets - 4 so far, got a game Sat.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, made it to the last day of the Waste Management Open. Do spring training games count? If so, that's another one.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    Yes, made it to the last day of the Waste Management Open. Do spring training games count? If so, that's another one.

Sure spring training counts.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

This year so far:
    In February I was at Daytona for the 500 time trials and a special race.
    A few weeks later I went to Ottawa to see the Senators play the NY Rangers.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

@sparky64 said:
    This year so far:
    In February I was at Daytona for the 500 time trials and a special race.
    A few weeks later I went to Ottawa to see the Senators play the NY Rangers.

Auto racing is a blast. Been to Indy twice and F1 twice.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, I get way better enjoyment sitting in my man town with the fridge and bathroom literally 10 steps away, no worries about beers, driving ect AND I’m not helping to feed these inflated contracts with guys with poor work ethic

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018 4:09PM

golf (Houston Open), basketball (Rockets), baseball (Astros)

i derive enjoyment from wasting countless hours on the road fighting incessant road construction and innumerable blockheads who have no business being behind the wheel of a vehicle, paying exorbitant prices for tickets, parking, food and drink, and making philanthropic contributions to subsidize the inflated contracts of guys with poor work ethic

• Options

This is not how I remembered baseball games as a kid

• Options

You scored, Mark.

Looks like a lot of empty seats.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    You scored, Mark.

Looks like a lot of empty seats.

There are a lot of empty seats. Rainy night in NY plus a lot of people in the “Legend” seats are inside watching the game stuffing their faces and drinking like Dean Martin. Plus unless you have company seats the prices of tickets are so steep

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    This is not how I remembered baseball games as a kid

Yea, but that certainly looks better than a bag of stale peanuts or a poorly cooked hot dog. LOL

• Options

The half a buck hot dogs were good. At one game the nearby vendor had a pop foul land in the mustard.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    I'll go see Alice Cooper again if he comes through town. That doesn't really count.

Maybe you can play a round of golf with him. :) He is an avid duffer.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Baseball, crab legs, caviar and Chevrolet.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not this year. Last pro ball game was the Red Sox 6 years ago. We partake in the local minor league games. Go for the bobblehead giveaways. Fair admission prices and average civil crowds. An enjoyable night out under the lights.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2018 6:38PM

@Coinstartled said:
    The half a buck hot dogs were good. At one game the nearby vendor had a pop foul land in the mustard.

Yea they tasted good to me as well because I was half starving from all that time driving to the game and sitting in the stands. The old saying is when you're hungry, beans sure taste fine.

Frankly, if they ever did a bacterial test on what's in the water of those hot dogs they sit in, I'd hate to see the results considering how many ball park hot dogs I've consumed over the years. LOL

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Between cost, the distance to drive, and ongoing medical issues, I haven't been to anything in over five years (and it may be even longer than that, as I've lost track) :(

Steve

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I went to a couple of Sacramento King's games this year... so no major league sporting events for me yet.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not been to one recently, unless you want to loosely define the Eagles victory parade as a major league sporting event. :)