Home U.S. Coin Forum

2017 P Super RARE Dime Error! Missing some clad !

ashelandasheland Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an exciting find!

:D

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

I literally found it in the middle of the road near the post office and when I saw it's condition I knew this thread was in order! :D

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D:D Now that is funny..... Cheers, RickO

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

I literally found it in the middle of the road near the post office and when I saw it's condition I knew this thread was in order! :D

REFRESHING thread..... :)
    I always look for shinny object on the parking lots but so far only old beat up pennies ;)

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

:p

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes it is funny as heck :)

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bet it is a one of a kind! A real rarity! :oB)

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot to ask the question, "What's my coin worth".
    Man that's one ugly dime.

Later, Paul.
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an overdate, too!

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you need to recheck the date, it could be even more rare if it is older.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do I see doubling?

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that I see 'Full Drum bolts' too.

Very valuable coin.

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2018 11:40AM

Congratulations...I came streaking to a halt, stopping on a dime and gave you 9 cents change.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should still be eligible for the "Road Rash Awareness" special label if you submit for show grading at the New Orleans show.

• mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is part of the new mint series, not depicting the person as they WERE , as as the currently look.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I always wondered how accurately the dime depicted Roosevelt. Perhaps I am too used to seeing him wearing spectacles.

This view is pretty rare - he seemed to prefer a two-thirds facing photograph-

• rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

i am no expert, but i am quite sure that is machine doubling

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a doubled die showing on 'IN GOD WE TRUST'?

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cmerlo1 said:
    Is that a doubled die showing on 'IN GOD WE TRUST'?

It's actually missing some of the letters and could be the partial "IN GOD WE TRUST" variety.

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

so.............will it grade do ya think?

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D:D

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to disappoint, but these are only collectible if the tread marks can be matched to a tire made in the year it was minted. :o

Give some kid (or one of several potential CoinStar-loitering Forum members who might get there first) a thrill. Also the guy who maintains that particular piece of machinery. Put it directly in with the CoinStar rejects without running it thru the equipment. :p

In this way I hope to help you and all of us express our communal joy at this discovery? :o:#:*<3>:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

@mustangmanbob said:
    It is part of the new mint series, not depicting the person as they WERE , but as they currently look.

POTD :D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:
    Although Roos. dimes were issued to honor FDR &
    the fight against Polio, this particular dime was
    issued to commemorate Mumps.

Or for a severe case of acne.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Josh32Josh32 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Send it in to grade. Couldn't see this going any lower than a 67 FB. You got a real nice one there, beautiful toning too... let me know if you would be willing to sell.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get it graded by our host !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, unfortunately in order to get 'all the money' out of this coin it will need to be certified. You'll need that and a testament from Fred attesting to the 'mumps' designation.
    You were correct in the first place that these are quite rare in 2017. Although they are often seen from the years 2005-2009, 2012 and 2016 !

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

"no bands" variety?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    edited April 26, 2018 2:05PM

All props to the artist we know, so I wonder.....
    Is this a "@dcarr wannabee" overstruck "Hobo Dime" representation of Panamanian ex-President Manuel Noriega? :o

• JalexfosterJalexfoster Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

OMG... Awesome find! I Believe this specimen came from very late die states, as evidenced by the “orange-peel “ effect clearly visible on the coins surfaces... Something to consider, NGC has “Variety Plus” attribution and I think you should submit it to be in the next edition of CHERRY PICKERS’ GUIDE To Rare Die Varieties Of United States Coins.

:D

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although your photos are good I feel this is Tru-View worthy! ;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file